• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 17
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Wow! Wasn't expecting that at all. That's quite a statement.

• Like 15

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

A 4-year extension, woo-hoo! I will be amazed if he’s still here in 2027 but I guess it’ll have upped his release fee as well as his wages. A little sweetener after the result at the weekend.

Also Scott’s deal is up at the end of the year, get that one as the Xmas present as per Palmer last season!

• Like 17

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773

Supporter+

He’ll still be with us when we get into the Premier league in three years time. :wink:

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

This is great news although I didn't see him wanting to leave for awhile anyway.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Great news from langstaff.

• Like 12

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm hanging on the cautious side, as it's very common for deals like this to signify that the player is being protected against bids for his services. Why is that a bad thing? There's a high chance that a minimum release clause has been agreed between both parties, whilst it might also simply be to get more money from those interested.

This is exactly what I have been calling for, especially last season with his 2 year deal only having 1 and a half remaining.

I actually said we needed to tie him down with a four year deal, so that's why I'm not as excited. I could see this being a safe guarding move. However, it is great news and should mean any bids will come with a much higher premium considering.

• Like 17

• Content Count:  10,773

Supporter+
7 hours ago, Chris said:

I'm hanging on the cautious side, as it's very common for deals like this to signify that the player is being protected against bids for his services. Why is that a bad thing? There's a high chance that a minimum release clause has been agreed between both parties, whilst it might also simply be to get more money from those interested.

This is exactly what I have been calling for, especially last season with his 2 year deal only having 1 and a half remaining.

I actually said we needed to tie him down with a four year deal, so that's why I'm not as excited. I could see this being a safe guarding move. However, it is great news and should mean any bids will come with a much higher premium considering.

That’s exactly what I thought @Chris I suspect clubs have been sniffing around testing the water, so the club have made sure that if he does go we will get a good fee for him.

• Like 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

11 hours ago, Chris said:

He signed a three year deal originally @Chris, so still had 2 years to run, so it looks like he has signed for an extra year. Will have definitely added a release clause if there wasn’t one already I would think, but I bet it’s a fair whack and that would put a lot of clubs off. Well deserved and I bet he has bagged himself a decent pay rise into the bargain as well.

Would also like to see us tie down Scott for an extra year as well, I think he is quality and may possibly end up being the better forward of the two. Bostock as well deserves an extension, the rest I would wait and see.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I agree on Scott - I think he is the better forward.  I think that he is more clinical and may well have a higher goals per chance ratio (I've not checked). 

Personally I am pretty excited about the extension.  I agree that it is probably in response to clubs sniffing round, and only to ensure that we get a decent compensation for losing his services... but that means that we have a commercially aware set up and gives us he best opportunity to improve the squad when he moves on.

I would also be offering Bostock an extension.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

its good news, plus if it is to protect us from low offers at least something may be in place for us to gain from his time at the club. i personally think whilst we are struggling his stock value will be somewhat lower. so there is that but its great news.

• Like 10

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s good news that Macaulay Langstaff has signed a new deal. I agree that both him and Notts will have put in a release clause, even if it’s not publicly acknowledged. Teams who may be watching to see how he does in League Two might not be tempted to pay a premium for his services, but it puts Notts in a strong hand when it does come to these discussions. I think for now we just have to enjoy seeing him play for us.

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Terrific news! Macaualay Langstaff is a skilled player, and while he hasn't yet found the net in League Two, it's only a matter of time. Extending his contract is excellent, and I hope the club extends the same courtesy to other players due for renewals. Langstaff's contract renewal is well-deserved, and his signing pleasantly surprises me.

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The extension of Macaualay Langstaff's contract is highly positive news, a development I initially found somewhat surprising. It was an unexpected announcement, and I'm pleased that it has been finalized. While a release clause may be in place, Langstaff's interview about the deal is infused with a strong sense of passion for Notts.

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,095

We've successfully ensured Macaulay Langstaff's commitment for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, we've taken measures to safeguard against any unwarranted offers, allowing us to develop alongside his talents. He simply requires a goal to ignite his striker's instincts this season. Once that happens, he'll be in fine form. I'm genuinely delighted that he's committed to a new agreement.

• Like 11

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

The news about Langstaff is absolutely fantastic; he's a genuine threat and an incredibly promising player. His current lack of goals doesn't worry me; we're aware of his ability to score numerous goals, and his opportunities will arise. I'm genuinely thrilled to witness his extended commitment to Notts.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

I believed at the time that the extension was carried out for two reasons: firstly, to provide a boost after the defeat against Sutton United, and secondly, to safeguard the club against offers which they consider unacceptable. It's excellent news, regardless of the underlying reason. Now that he has scored, I believe he will demonstrate that his initial struggles were merely a requirement for settling into the new season. He's an exceptionally skilled and unique striker who warrants our support even during goal droughts.

• Like 7

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138

I'm pleased that Langstaff has scored now. Getting a brace is a special achievement, and this new deal would have given him and the players a boost. I don't think Notts will easily lose him; I believe he sees that we can progress and get promoted. The most important thing is that he's content here, and that will reflect in his football.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

I'm delighted to observe Langstaff securing the new contract we all hoped he would sign. Yes, it's rather old news now, but his brace against Doncaster revives that excitement of him being truly committed to us for the long haul. It would require a substantial offer to lure him away from us. Let's remain hopeful that we can ascend a division or two before such a situation arises.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It's absolutely essential to secure contract extensions for key players, but this development surpasses expectations, highlighting the unpredictability of outcomes. The news of his first two goals for Notts, coupled with his extended contract, is truly uplifting. If he fulfils his contract and potentially breaks Les Bradd's record, he could well become a club legend. Such an accomplishment would signify the club's progress, a feat that might have seemed improbable to many.

• Like 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580

Two of the best things so far are this extension and the goals Langstaff scored against Doncaster Rovers. I never doubted his quality and hope he scores on Saturday to heighten the impact of the good feel factor our club has.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

Macaulay Langstaff signing a new deal is a big thing for Notts. It gives us fans something less to be concerned about. I hope Luke Williams pushes for the club to start talks with other players, but any other contract renewals would be hard-pressed to match the importance this deal has on the club.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

Fans might be fearless about losing Macaulay Langstaff. Notts has done well in certain areas by retaining players, and it’s good that we haven’t lost anyone at a crucial stage in any of the recent seasons. I know some felt disappointed to see Cal Roberts leave. However, Aaron Nemane is a far more threatening player, and we don’t need to make him the focal point of our attacks. Likewise, Langstaff doesn’t need to be the focal point, but we just have to make sure he gets plenty of chances. It’s great news regarding the extension he has signed.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

This was by far the best news I have seen, to read that Macaulay Langstaff had committed to a new deal. It’s like winning the lottery, having your birthday, Christmas, having your first child and getting married all in one. I just hope he continues to shine for us.

• Love 1