August, 9th 2023: Pride of Nottingham Announcement

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,279
  • Days Won:  80

Dear Pride of Nottingham members,

Firstly, thank you. @Michael D P, for your generous donation.

We apologise for not noticing this sooner. Your kind donation is very much appreciated and has helped pay for the site(s) server. It's really kind of you to donate to the PON site.

The past few days, work has undergone to bring back even more of features which has required extensive work.

The PON site has been working with an Italian developer who is close to fixing the league table, fixtures, first team application. He has also been tasked with updating the PONcast area, so that the first Notts County podcast ever can return. This has been in the works for over a year, with various members across the community expressing a desire to help bring it together.

We intend to hold "live" discussions, where we would encourage members to come on and have their say on matters to generate a good head start on certain content which will be promoted across our social media.

Content has been slow as of late, but that has been partly down to everything which has been going on, and @Chris being unwell.

Don't worry though, amongst these improvements more will come.

Stay tuned for more news on what's happening soon!

• Like 16
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  3,009
  • Days Won:  1

Community-based events, such as the “Live Topics,” can be an amazing way to get everyone chatting and engaged! There are so many potential areas where this feature could be used, and giving the match discussions a good head start is just the beginning. If members embrace the idea, it could lead to some incredibly important and exciting discussions.

Members’ opinions are fundamental to any community forum, and we need you to share your thoughts and ideas. Let’s keep going and make sure that the Pride of Nottingham is the best it can be! Together, we can create a vibrant and thriving community that we can all be proud of. Let’s do this! 🎉

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

excited! i miss the poncast because it felt like a good radio show. the days when jj was involved, even when sam stepped forward to help it was very good.

with more people having microphones now it should be easier to get a few people on board. so i am buzzing about that!

the live discussions also sounds like a great step forward. :) 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Get well soon @Chris looking forward to the new features.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it will be a fun way to engage, I still have heaps to do myself, but we'll get there.

I am very excited about providing the best experience here.

---

@Fan of Big Tone, thank you.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Its good to have the features back. Well done for the hard work getting this far.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s excellent to see things are coming together; I need to up my own game, but I will be hands-on. I think the live topics have a lot of potential, and if we can have some fun discussions, I think it will only catch on further.

• Like 4

We are pleased to say that every match discussion will now go live in the future, this means instant updates within the topic and no need to refresh your browser. This should enable fans to interact as and when things happen.

Help spread the word about this!

• Like 8

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

The content on PON is of the highest quality. There's simply no other fan site out there that even comes close to the level of excellence and the range of offerings provided by this site. Please continue to introduce new features.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The live match discussion tonight was a real touch of class for PON; it allowed comments to be received and reviewed more conveniently, even while at the match. It's a fantastic concept and one that I'm eager to support and endorse!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
7 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

The live match discussion tonight was a real touch of class for PON; it allowed comments to be received and reviewed more conveniently, even while at the match. It's a fantastic concept and one that I'm eager to support and endorse!

Yes it worked quite well, we just need more people supporting it, otherwise it can seem you’re in there talking to yourself.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I didn't take part as my laptop screen was occupied with iFollow. Hopefully next time though!

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It’s great to see the introduction of new features and the return of old ones. The live discussions have the potential to be a valuable part of the community. I’m fond of the idea of match discussions being broadcast live!

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881

The idea of having live match discussions is a good one. It just needs to be promoted and for members to make an effort to participate. I will keep an eye out for them and try to contribute when I can.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Concerning contributions, might a few of our regular members be willing to assist in covering the site fees? I certainly would be.

Regarding the live topics, that sounds like an excellent idea! Please proceed with it.

It will be delightful to discover what lies ahead for PON. Also, please continue prominently featuring those emails you send out.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The idea of live discussions sounds fantastic, and I'd be willing to support PON with donations. While I can't promise regular contributions, I believe offering support a few times a season is a fair way to help.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The introduction of live match discussions holds promise and is likely to gain momentum as more fans participate. It's a promising feature.

• Like 1

Once again, the Pride of Nottingham match discussion has gone live.

Updates will automatically show until the live period has ended, which will be 10pm. We hope fans will join in and engage whilst the games are ongoing and post match.

• Like 4

How exciting! The live match discussions are going great! We’ve already held two and the match discussions now have their own meta image when shared onto social media. We actively encourage members to engage and join in on the fun, and we’re always looking for ways to improve. So, let us know how we can make it even better! We’re all ears and can’t wait to hear your feedback! 

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I'm keen to explore the possibility of assembling a group of regular participants who can convene simultaneously. During these sessions, we could engage in conversations about the club's history and reminisce about past memories. Before commencing these live discussions, we could highlight specific topics and allocate a few members to initiate the conversations. Subsequently, someone like @Chris, or any designated person, could promote these discussions on social media. This could potentially attract more attention to the forum, and if we manage to make the discussions intriguing, it's likely that others will join in as well.

The live discussions feature is highly advantageous and aligns well with the subject matter of match topics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Joshua I like it! 🔥

Are you ready to try something new? Join us for a live discussion and let’s explore the possibilities together! In the future, topics like this will be promoted and encouraged much more openly. This is just a test to experiment and see where things can go or be improved. Let’s get excited and enthusiastic about this new adventure!

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

The live discussions are a very good idea. We, as a community, just need to support them. I will try to add one or two comments during a game. They might not be all that long in length, but I will try to make sure they add to the discussion and are of quality.

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

I like the idea of the live discussions. I think, judging by the comments, it’s something that should continue. As for other topics, I think when they are promoted, it will be a positive thing for the community.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have just upgraded the site, which should fix the issues with the rebranding of Twitter. Embeds should work as intended.

@Fan of Big Tone