Match Discussion: Game 5 - Super White Army (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  896
  • Days Won:  3

I understand the mixed feelings about the upcoming match against Tranmere Rovers. It's true that they're expected to be a strong contender, but Notts County's recent progress and hard work can't be ignored. The changing perspective from nervousness to optimism is a testament to the team's growth and potential. Creating and capitalizing on chances will indeed be key, and with the right efforts, Notts could come out on top. The season's unpredictability adds to the excitement, making every match a chance for the team to prove themselves.

• Like 15

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

I couldn't agree more that good weather can have a positive impact on the atmosphere of a game.

A sunny day can lift the spirits of both fans and players, creating a more vibrant and optimistic atmosphere. While both Notts County and Tranmere Rovers have had their struggles recently, Notts County seems to be on an upward trajectory.

Tranmere Rovers have quality players, but their slow start to the season may give Notts County an advantage. After the Grimsby match, it's clear that Notts County needs to focus on strengthening their defence. A win against Tranmere Rovers could be just what they need to turn their season around.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  3,009
  • Days Won:  1

The Pride of Nottingham match discussion is now LIVE until 10pm! Come and join us to share your thoughts and opinions throughout the day. It’s going to be an exciting and engaging conversation, so don’t miss out! 

PLFTdjI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  419

If Notts can muster a good performance and claim a win, it should push us a bit higher up. The form and potential clean sheet sound appealing, I hope Aidan Stone can. Tranmere Rovers might not have played their best previously, but they clearly have goals in them. Teams can turn their poor form around at any time, just because Notts have done well in their past few games doesn’t mean it will be the same here. Yet I hope that they can keep Tranmere quiet. That would be my game plan, work to pick the ball back up and keep them out of the game. If the creative players can get the ball into areas for chances, goals should come.

My score prediction would be 3-1 to Notts, Langstaff, Scott and Jones.

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

I hope it will be a good match between two teams eager to earn those crucial 3 points. I will be streaming the game with my iFollow season ticket. I may not be as close to the action as some of you, but I will be cheering Notts on.

Notts have a good chance of moving up in the League Two table. I believe that prospect is enough to see the season start to flourish towards the hopes we all had of having another promotion season. The league is quite competitive, and I am sure Tranmere Rovers will want to spoil our party, but I have confidence that defensively we will be better than what I watched from the Grimsby game.

It would be nice to see Macaulay Langstaff get his name on the score sheet.

I can see the game finishing 3-1 in favour of Notts, but I am unsure who to predict as the scorers.

• Like 11

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can see the game unfolding with Notts taking the lead, only for Tranmere Rovers to equalise. However, in the second half I can see two more goals being scored for us.

My prediction is: 3-1.

Macaualay Langstaff, Sam Austin, and David McGoldrick are all expected to find the back of the net. Connor Jennings will secure the sole goal for them. 🤞🏻 

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

My prediction for today’s game is 2-0, with goals from Langstaff and Austin.

I’m looking forward to the match. The weather seems uncertain at the moment; I haven’t seen any rain myself but I’m hoping for brighter conditions.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  561

I find it enjoyable when teams try to give it their best shot. Last season, some teams made it harder for themselves, which is why I prefer League Two. We need to be aware of players like Connor Jennings and Kristian Dennis, who are likely to cause problems. Their wider players are also a concern.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  196

I am interested in what the starting line-up will be. I would like to see Aaron Nemane back in the starting 11. Other than that, I don't see the need to change much from the Doncaster Rovers game. Just play with direction and a good level of intensity, take what chances come and use the crowd to gain confidence. If we frustrate them, their fans might get on their backs.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,299
  • Days Won:  28

Even with 2 ex notts players playing for tranmere today(if they are picked), Notts are a completly different team now compared to when they played at meadow lane so theres no advantage for them as such. Notts county just need to play to their strengths.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  217

Great start by Notts. Matt Palmer keeps the ball moving forward. Great goal by David McGoldrick. It was superbly placed into the back of the net.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

1-0, notts has started well. a few good chances already. the score could easily be 2-0 by now and its only 17 minutes in. langstaff almost on target, tranmere look poor at the back.

• Like 9

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The Pies never looked like losing this one but that late goal for Tranmere had me worried for a while. Great win. 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Great performance we could have been 3-0 up in 15 minutes and given a bit of luck the result could well have been 4 or 5 -0. My man of the match was Bostock who was absolutely faultless.

One criticism would be the 5 substitutes I thought we lost our way a little even before Scott was injured. I would have kept one or two substitutes for later just in case.

However we won in front of over 10,000 and are now 4th in the league, what’s not to like.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

The game began promisingly, with effective passing that opened up the play. Tranmere appeared decent in their attack, demonstrating ample speed and causing an early worry when Jennings shot over. However, defensively, we remained composed and collected. The performance was commendable. John Bostock was consistently excellent throughout the match; his quality was evident in his daring passes that others wouldn’t even attempt, thereby increasing our threat by repeatedly putting Jodi Jones through. Matt Palmer also performed well, with Richard Brindley providing solid defence.

The second half was outstanding, even with us being down to 10 men. I don’t believe Tranmere deserved anything from the match; Notts dominated from beginning to end, although they did provide us with a challenge.

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought the game was very pleasing. Notts started very brightly and passed the ball around well. Very early on, Notts pressed and made chances which showed signs that we would score, hitting the post and Macaulay Langstaff getting close were two very close moments.

David McGoldrick's strike for his opening goal was superb.

The way he picked his place and controlled the ball, it shows he's a threat within those positions. I believed he worked relentlessly to propel us forward. While it was pleasing to witness Notts playing the ball with more forward and sideways passes, I think the occasions we played it back instilled confidence throughout the entire squad. When we can move the ball around promptly, it makes the opposition chase the game and that leads to things opening up.

Although none of the occurrences were detrimental or hindered our progress, I believe that Notts sometimes resorts to playing those backward passes simply because it is the most convenient option available.

The way we moved and made Tranmere look extremely average, they didn't really cause much trouble and their defence didn't look like it could hold. Very poor in that regard, but they were quick on the break and at times looked very lively.

I am sure their performances will pick up, thankfully for us Notts dominated from start to finish.

The second half really became routine, with the game being in our hands, and really we should have pushed for a 3rd goal. So many good chances, it's difficult to say that I feel we should have made sure a third went in when the level of creativity made it very much possible, but we just lacked that luck to make it anything more.

I am not bothered about their goal, it was a very good finish and again, I feel Aidan Stone deserved a clean sheet.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t know how Notts weren’t 3-0 up within the first half, they played extremely well and the chances that were created kept things exciting. David McGoldrick showed a lot of experience and class with his finish, it was satisfying to see his effort go in. As I say, the chances came and although they had that one effort which they blasted over the post, I thought Notts controlled the game very well! The win felt very rewarding, it looked like at one point Notts might be unlucky and end up drawing. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case. 2-1 was about the right score, they didn’t trouble Notts much at all.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  17

Really good performance from notts. Controlled the game for pretty much the whole 90 minutes. John Bostock what a player I'm still shocked on how we got him on a free transfer way to good for league 2. 

Tranmere are a decent side. They kept the ball well and made us work for it. They were dangerous on the counter which we saw in the first half. 

Richard brindley in the middle of the back 3 is the best version of brindley I've seen since he's been at notts. Looks so calm and composed on the ball. Nothing fazed him today.

Really disappointed to not get the clean sheet again. The signs are there that we are improving defensively. Just need to cut out these little errors and we'll be good. 

Onto Accrington next Saturday. COYP 🖤🤍

• Like 6

• Content Count:  862

It was a very entertaining game, with little to complain about. Their goal couldn’t be stopped, and with 10 men, everyone pulled together to maintain the lead. The win felt very good and the performance was brilliant. Every squad member did well, some shone more, but it was a team result.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

That really shouldn’t have been so stressful at the end. We could’ve thrown that away in the last 10, they had a couple of really good chances. That said, we could’ve scored another too! I thought we deserved to win the game, we created enough chances to win a couple of games there. Issue was we fluffed so many of them, we could’ve (and should’ve) been a 4-0 up before they scored.

No idea how Macca didn’t score, there was that manic couple of minutes after Didzy opened the scoring when he had a hatful of chances. I was impressed with how sharp we looked, a real slickness to our play at times. We controlled the game, until the last 15 minutes really, the mass changes just disrupted us a bit. And then Scott having to limp off gave them a boost. Glad we held on though, maybe just make the 4 subs next week!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

@menzinho i fully agree with you.

the chances that could have gone in was not missed or through a lack of effort, it was quite unlucky. in the second half when the ball bounced around the inside of the goal, probably not fully crossing the line but how that was not put into the back of the net, i dont know. it seems we had some strange forces going on that prevented notts from going for in the lead. its probably that notts effect we all dread. the thing that keeps things stressfu.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  681

Excellent team performance; the defence looked much more like what we want to see, and nobody should be complaining that Tranmere Rovers scored. I also believe Tranmere did well in spells and perhaps aren’t given the credit they deserve. I do agree, they didn’t perform well enough to take anything from the game, but that is mostly due to how terrible their defending was. They looked weaker than Doncaster Rovers did, in my opinion. I am glad Notts held on to the win, as it would have been unlucky for us to lose such a game we dominated.

• Like 2