Luke Williams’ Options: Who Will Fill in for Jodi Jones whilst on International Duty?

Burnz3r0

With Jodi Jones out on international duties, Luke Williams has a decision to make about who to bring into the side. Fans have been speculating about the possible options, with some preferring Sam Austin, others Adam Chicksen, and still others hoping for a surprise return to action from Will Randall.

Sam Austin has been in good form recently and could provide a solid option for Williams. He has shown his ability to create chances and score goals, and his pace and skill on the ball could cause problems for opposition defences.

Adam Chicksen, on the other hand, offers a more defensive option. He is a reliable player who can provide cover at the back while also contributing to the attack. His experience and composure could be valuable assets for the team.

Will Randall is something of a wildcard option. He has been out of action for some time, but if he is fit and ready to play, he could provide a real spark for the team. His creativity and flair could be just what the team needs to unlock opposition defences.

Ultimately, the decision rests with Luke Williams. He will have to weigh up the strengths and weaknesses of each player and decide who is best suited to fill in for Jodi Jones. Whatever his decision, fans will be eagerly anticipating the next match to see who gets the nod.

• Like 14

In my opinion, Luke Williams should give Adam Chicksen the opportunity to start. Chicksen has shown that he is capable of delivering a good ball and contributing defensively. Although we haven’t seen much of him, he is the best replacement for Jodi Jones, who is currently away with Malta on international duty.

It would be surprising to see Will Randall start, just as it would be if Junior Morias played for more than 10 minutes. Chicksen deserves the chance to prove himself and show what he can bring to the team.

• Like 16

Well, it's good to hear that Will Randall is back in training, but it seems doubtful whether he would start. It's worth considering that other players, like Ollie Tipton, have had to wait for their chance. While I understand that they play different positions, Luke Williams has stated that Ollie is not yet at the level of the starting eleven. Therefore, it raises the question of why Will would be immediately included upon returning to training. In my opinion, Adam Chicksen seems to be the clear and logical choice for the starting position.

• Like 14

Supporter+

I’d definitely start Adam Chicksen in place of Jodi but I’m not Luke Williams so we will see.

• Like 12

If it was a home game, he might have gone with Randall, but with it being away, against a decent MK side he may take the more cautious option of starting Chicksen, because he is a better defender. Or he may even surprise us and play Nemane/TAR on the left and Austin on the right.

We are not lacking in options, but if I was a betting man, I’d say Chicksen, as it is the least disruptive to the lineup.

• Like 15

adam chicksen, will randall should be on the bench and made to wait for his chance. chicksen has been with the programme and waiting for his chance, tell him if he does well that he stands a higher chance of more game time and let the performance from him show if he can lift his game to as we saw from his last season.

if randall is only just back, why start him? it goes against everything luke williams says about the team.

• Like 13

Adam Chicksen seems to be the obvious choice for inclusion; he’s a skilled player with a strong cross. He doesn’t necessarily need to outplay their team; if he can deliver a cross by closely collaborating with his teammates, as we saw last season, his crossing can be top-notch. He also poses a threat in terms of scoring goals, so it wouldn’t make much sense to bring Will Randall into the team instead.

• Like 12

It's got to be Adam Chicksen, as playing Will Randall would go against what Luke Williams says and has been known to do. I mean, it's a tough game, so why play someone who might not be up to speed yet? We know what to expect from Chicksen.

Whilst I am delighted to know Randall is finally recovered, I think it's unrealistic to expect him to come in to a big game like this - after being out for so long with a nagging injury.

• Like 12

Adam Chicksen is the player I think should be given the start. He can beat his man and did so several times last season. He tended to get caught out nearer the end when he was running on fuel and needed a break. Yet his commitment was to continue to play, supporting Luke Williams and the team by not requesting a chance to take a breather because he knew we had few options for cover. Williams made that decision, so I hope he makes the right call here.

• Like 11

Now, the majority have said Adam Chicksen, but watch Will Randall stroll straight into the squad. For me, this would be the wrong decision and somewhat negative. Players have to wait their turn, but if it proves to be a good call, then that is all that matters. I would prefer Chicksen to get the minutes.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

In my opinion, Adam Chicksen should be the player to be included in the team. However, I am not opposed to the idea of Luke Williams giving Will Randall a chance to start. Nevertheless, I believe it would be a wiser decision to bring him on as a substitute, rather than giving him a go in the game after the MK Dons tie. This would allow him to gradually ease into the game and gain more experience before being given a starting position.

• Like 9

I think if we were fair and went with what Luke Williams speaks about from players who have to wait for their chance, then it has to be Adam Chicksen. Defensively and attacking wise, I know what to expect from him. If we can get a glimpse of how good Chicksen was last season against MK Dons, then it will be the right decision. I am looking forward to seeing Will Randall, yet I think he should wait. He’s only just come back and if MK Dons are physical, it would be silly to throw someone like him into the danger of becoming injured again.

• Like 7

Adam Chicksen should be more up to speed, but it really depends on the quality that Will Randall brings to the team. It could be a number of players who get the start. Luke Williams may look to play Jim O’Brien out wide for the experience factor. Personally, I think Chicksen would suit the change just fine.

• Like 5

Adam Chicksen all day long. Giving Will Randall the start is firstly risky and secondly something that really goes against what Luke Williams says. I would be disappointed because Chicksen hasn’t done anything wrong. It’s just that Jodi Jones is such a game-changer that he pips him to the starting position. This is the chance for Chicksen to showcase why he should be getting more minutes.

• Like 6

Certainly, Adam Chicksen should be the one to start. He performed well in our last game when he came on and has done nothing wrong to find himself out of favour. It’s just that Jodi Jones makes a bigger impact, but this is Chicksen’s chance to prove that he deserves consideration.

• Like 3

I don’t mind; I can see the logic behind Adam Chicksen starting, and I understand that other players have had to wait, so it makes sense for Adam Chicksen to be the player who starts. Personally, if Luke Williams has enough faith in Will Randall to start, then that’s fine. He may bring something that MK Dons haven’t prepared for, so there may be benefits to him starting. Like I said, I don’t mind. I’m just eager to see the players do well and protect our unbeaten run.

• Like 2

Likewise, I think the only answer is Adam Chicksen. I wouldn’t start Sam Austin, as we may need him to play behind the strikers, but he could do the role. As for Jim O’Brien, I think his experience is best used in midfield, where he can contribute more and have players around him who can assist if necessary. I could see him being targeted out wide.

• Like 2