• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thoughts?

• Like 13

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just been announced.

Weird one. Look extremely raw in pre-season and cup games. Could've seen him maybe being a squad player this season, but 100% nowhere near a starting place.

Off to Norwich for an undisclosed fee. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's harsh to write this, but I never rated him. He always looked uncomfortable when coping with having the ball, the times his passing sounded like someone blasting a ball - he just seemed underwhelming. I always hoped he would improve, as I am passionate about seeing youngsters do well.

I think he showed signs of improving but his move, I never saw coming.

It makes you wonder what Norwich sees in him, which we didn't. I do feel somewhat disappointed that bigger clubs see our youngsters in a better light, whereas we're afraid to play them. Some might disagree with me, but the only way you can improve and become ready for the first-team is to firstly gain match minutes and experience. Loaning young players is only a small part of this, for them to reach their potential they have to be in your own squad and around the first team more.

• Like 14

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

Absolutely fantastic move for him.

I'm not sure how much it would have helped him being involved in that defence last season. We didn't trust Tipton, took weeks to give Macari a chance and barley used Warner. His move to Boston United seemed to do him a world of good and it's the right part of the country to have attracted Norwich I guess.

And don't forget, he would have trained with us full time last season, so would no doubt have been up against Macca, Didzy, etc, every day.

• Like 3
  • Love 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is another strange decision by Notts. A few weeks ago everything was so positive. Now we are letting players go. 

If a championship Club sees potential in one of our young players, why don't Notts?

We need to see some more players coming in. Notts need a large and strong squad to challenge for promotion.

We don't know how Palmer and Scott will fare when they both come back from serious injuries.

And we might get some more dissapointing news either this evening or tomorrow morning with Macca.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think anyone has left who would have been in the starting line up?

And 3 of them probably wouldn't have been on the bench? 

We've got a fee, and reduced the wage bill. I'd expect that to cover the costs of 2 strong players who should be contending for a starting place.

In my opinion, none of the departures has weakened us but it has freed up some space.

Now we need Stone and Randall to find a new home.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  3

It’s more beneficial to make a profit now. I don’t want to seem unkind, but he probably would have been let go at some point. This move gives him an opportunity to thrive and gain valuable experience.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

I am still really confused and concerned. I know I did mention this before about having quite a thin squad in paper last season but we now have an even thinner squad currently for this season.

It looks as though, with the new signings etc we will have a strong starting line up but if we have any injuries etc It looks like we may now have issues.

To echo others, most of the off season news has been positive but the last week of news with further players leaving permanently or longer term loan is very worrying as we are losing depth to the quad. Even if the players aren't the best we do need people in reserve rather then no one.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

I hope for the best for him. I wish he continues to improve and succeeds with Norwich City.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  2

He’s a promising player and I wish him the best. It’s understandable when a young player leaves, but it’s different when it’s the newly appointed club captain. No one should be upset about this sale. The situation with Macca, however, I can understand.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

good luck to lucian mahovo, i hope he makes the best of this move. its  such a promising one for him.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I wish him the best of luck. It’s a fantastic move and I hope it works out well for him.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I wish the young player all the best. He has a better chance of becoming a first-team player than he does here at Notts.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  30

Best of luck to the lad. 

But for county  including the departure of Macca, and including both Stone and Randall, is that now 14 out this summer and 6 in? There has to be more incoming and definitely a new striker 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  731
  • Days Won:  3

I wish Lucien Mahovo all the best with his transfer to Norwich City.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Thought there was potential in the lad but I wish him all the best and hope the transfer works out for him, seems like it could be a good move. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  140

I don’t know much about him, but having money in our pockets is better than letting him go once we decide not to give him playing time. I doubt he would have made it to the first team; we are far from bringing any youngster into the limelight.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts might have included a sell-on clause in this deal, which could result in a better outcome for us. If I were in Notts’ position, I would have aimed for a 10% share of any future profits. I doubt we could have secured much more, and there’s a possibility that Lucien Mahovo might be let go before he reaches the standard of Norwich. I hope he does improve, as it would demonstrate that Notts just needs to give their young players more time to develop.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I know the club spoke about finding a USP for our academy as we have to compete with the likes of Derby, Leicester and Forest, but producing players for other teams seems a tad counter-productive! 

Again, I don't think I've ever seen him play so I can't comment but I know the club had high hopes for him. Hopefully not a case of one that got away but I wish him all the best.

Curtis Thompson was the last academy player to actually progress and play over 50 games for us and that was over 10 years ago now. I know it's not easy, as we get raided by the big boys whenever we produce anyone of potential stand out quality, but we do need to see some players progress soon otherwise it's a waste of time and money...

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I believe we missed an opportunity to give him some playing time last season before we signed Lewis Macari. Notts could have let him play a game or two. However, I can’t envision any young player getting much of a chance when the stakes are high or if the club is under pressure to perform well. We’re not one of those teams that gives a young player a fair shot. It’s easy to say they’re not up to the mark, but how do we, as fans, really know? No one would have anticipated this move.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  224
  • Days Won:  1

Good luck to him. I haven’t seen much from the games I’ve watched, but spotting potential is something that requires a keen footballing eye.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

When our defence was hopeless last season, we go and signed Warner on loan from Norwich in the January transfer window. "Highly promising" tag was just that, never really delivered. Perhaps we missed the chance to really blood Lucien in the middle of the back 3?

Another Academy player gone as we haven't offered a pathway to 1st team football at Notts?

I do recall a pre season game a couple of years back when Rawlinson seemingly hung him out to dry instead of talking him through the game. That still irks with me.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  36

I didn’t rate him but he was young and raw when I watched him, he just does not seem to have the physical attributes needed for league 2, but it may help him being with a club two divisions higher.

Best of luck to him, I hope he becomes an immense player as that will mean we get a nice windfall sometime in the future.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

It’s difficult to see where he would have fit in, as those positions are areas where we have already signed and strengthened players. I don’t think he would have been given much consideration had he stayed here, so making an offer and selling him seems like a good decision. If he performs well, Norwich deserves credit, with some going to our academy. But look at how most other young players have ended up in recent years.

• Like 2