Welcome To Notts George Abbott

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

"Tottenham Hotspur’s Under 21s captain, George Abbott, has joined Notts on a season-long loan.

The 19 year-old midfielder arrives at Meadow Lane having been heavily involved in Spurs’ first-team summer preparations, featuring in their pre-season friendlies against Bayern Munich, QPR and Vissel Kobe"

"Source Notts website".

• Like 16

Supporter+

More on George Abbott.

Abbott is a versatile player who is primarily a defensive midfielder. He can also play along the backline, & broke out in the 2022–23 season as a right-back.

He is a tenacious player with good pace and skill on the ball, and can cover a lot of ground on the pitch.

Notts could play him at right back, or defensive midfield. Looks like he's a versatile player.

Spurs fans like him.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Supporter+

Let's hear from George Abbott.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

I am sure he must be a good player, but did we need another midfielder? Alongside Robertson, Hinchy, Grant, Austin, Edwards,  Crowley and Palmer?

• Like 16

Supporter+
15 minutes ago, Pies79 said:

I am sure he must be a good player, but did we need another midfielder? Alongside Robertson, Hinchy, Grant, Austin, Edwards,  Crowley and Palmer?

He will  probably play right wing back. He's a versatile player & that will suit Notts.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I hope he’s as good as some of these Spurs fans are making out, we’ve not had a properly good loanee since Patterson. Kind of getting a throwback to Ruben Rodrigues with his hairstyle and tash/chin beard combo, I'm hoping that's a good sign!

Sounds like he’s highly rated at Spurs and it's handy he can play in CM and RB. I agree with @Robbie there's a good chance he'll be playing as a RWB for us, I'm pretty sure he'll be comfortable and good enough on the ball to play there.

The squad is pretty stacked now, that's 1 from 2 that the club were hoping to sign. Fingers crossed we get an attacker tomorrow and that's us pretty much set for the season.

• Love 16

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well he’s only young but let’s hope he can adapt to the league two and men’s football quickly, I don’t suppose he’ll be used to the physical side of the game at this level. I wish him well and if we can help his development and he can help us win games then it’s a win win.

• Like 15

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i dont mind a loan signing like this, i think it makes sense to being someone in who is a young captain and can play multiple positions. I wish him well, and i hope he does well.

• Like 14

Supporter+

Looks to me that Stuart is putting lots of emphasis on to the defensive side of Notts's game.

Notts will seemingly be well loaded in defense & defensive midfield areas.

I wonder if Stuart is toying with having Jodi & Dan partnering as attacking midfielders, with players like Tsaroulla & Abbott on each flank, & Jatta upfront?

Palmer & Edwards making up the rest of the midfield.

The squad is strong with plenty of good cover to come on when needed.

Just another striker needed if Notts can get one at this late stage 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

He seems like an interesting signing. I hope he's more like Jack Grealish or Callum McGregor than our other signings. Many Spurs fans like him, which is nice. But I don't know if many of them have seen him play a lot. I hope he can show his skills and help us.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

He seems like a good player. Spurs fans have said great things about him. He looks like a young player who is ready for the next step in his career. He doesn't seem nervous or unprepared. The way he talks, how Spurs fans talk about him, and his appearance are all encouraging.

• Like 12

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He seems like a very promising young player. I like his attitude and desire to just play football. Defensively, he sounds like a good addition, so I'm pleased to welcome George Abbott.

• Like 11

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

Solid loan signing it seems. It's up to Stuart Maynard and Notts to get the best out of his ability. I'm confident George Abbott can make a good impact.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

In every picture, his lips look like he’s wearing red lipstick! 😂 I'm sure he'll be fine; I like his defensive focus. I hope he does well going forward, and I’m excited to see him play.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not expecting a Ryan Yates type signing, although I do think from the sounds of it George Abbott sounds a more gifted footballer in terms of talent. I mean, it would be awesome if he was a work horse, or of the mould that we experienced with Jack Grealish and Callum McGregor, but I think that seems unlikely too. I have very little expectations from him, but I am encouraged, and I believe he will give us all.

The comments about his defensive capabilities are a good sign, League Two is far more physical than youth football.

Yet I think given a chance he will flourish and even if he's not of the benefits of the players mentioned previously, I am sure he will stamp his own marks on his time here. He sounds decent enough, he spoke well in his video, but not so much the video Notts used on the reel. He sounded very much like a footballer, but that could be down to being unsure what to say.

• Love 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

George Abbott seems like the kind of young player who will do well playing for the first team regularly. If we can give him a chance to get comfortable and grow in whatever role he plays for us, it will be interesting to see how it turns out and if he can help us become a promotion contender. I am quite happy with this signing, even though it is a loan.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

This is a good signing, even as a loan. I hope we can make the most of him. I hope we see plenty of him. Some fans wanted defensive cover in midfield, and that wish has been granted with the signing of George Abbott. He played a bit today, but not enough to get a good sense of his abilities.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339

I’m glad he got some minutes in yesterday. It’s good to have options, and defensive players are important. I think he’ll do well with more playing time, and I wish him all the best.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  493

I hope to see a glimpse of him tomorrow against Accrington. Now that he's in the team and has played a few minutes away at Swindon, we might start to see more of him. It's good that he can play anywhere in midfield but is focused on defending.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I like him, he's determined and doesn't press for the ball. You can see it wants it and at times, I did feel he was being overlooked for what would have been an easier pass, but I don't think that was intentional. He does everything so superbly, especially getting stuck in with challenges. Defensively, he's very quick to pick up the ball. Curtis Edwards seemed impressed by how he linked in with the player. I noticed them shake hands after Edwards had released the ball to McGoldrick before being fouled.

@Piethagoram How about we just send Adam Chicksen back when the loan is over, having had both players change their names legally. George Abbott would make an absolutely fantastic permanent addition to our team. ;)

• Like 5

• Content Count:  455

I wouldn't compare him to Ryan Yates, but his importance to our team could be similar. His ability to go for the ball and get stuck in was key to stopping Accrington.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  740

He looks like a strong loan signing, doesn’t he? George Abbott should become a lot more confident with more time to settle and plenty more minutes. I think it will be interesting to see how Scott Robertson fits in because Abbott would make my starting team ahead of Robertson currently. I know Robertson is out at the moment, but even when fit, I would choose Abbott.

• Love 2