Match Discussion: EFL Trophy - Rovers (H)

PON_News

EFL Trophy - Rovers (H)

Team: Doncaster Rovers

Date: 14/11/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Well this game is a total waste of time as we all know, players may get a chance to play who otherwise have been excluded, who will have precious little chance to impress because of little game time individually or collectively, what starting 11 ? No idea , HK I’m coming for you 🤣🤣

• Chris featured this topic

Doncaster Rovers ah? well this will be exciting even for such a tin pot cup.

not remotely interested, notts could lose 5-0 and i would not be bothered.

I dont think it matters, the league is more important.

Notts will win somehow and then they will lose again on Saturday, the same will repeat until Alan Hardy appoints another well known ex Premier League player.

Alan Smith must be annoyed.

Will anyone from PON be going? I don't attend these cup games, I have no interest in the competition but I do wonder what people make of it who do go to the games.

@Countyman Not me.

You wouldn't get me going to Wembley and how those fans moan about the half and half scarves, well I bet they would turn up to the final of this having missed every other game.

I'm not going but i hope the team plays well just for training purposes before the league game.

suddenly everyone will care because of how notts performed and won. 😛 

dennis will be spoken about as to why he dont play more often.

50 minutes ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

League run not so good but could we make a good cup run? 👀

Wrong cup if you asked me, there's no money in this and the F.A Cup could have founded much more but Notts are out now.

Quite poor if you asked me.

Same here, totally forgot about the game until I picked up my phone at 9:30 and say that we were 4-2 up. Not interested in the slightest and think I only posted once on Twitter about it.

Have no idea on the side except that Boldewijn and Dennis played because they scored.

It’s amazing play to a 20 goal a season striker’s strengths and you get your reward. Would like folks to get carried away though Doncaster still managed to get 2 and should have had more ( as should Notts in fairness).

now wait for the “give Chettle the job” brigade the same ones who were saying we need a proven manager !! 😊

Well done though boys, a win is a win. 🏁🏁

Edited by Truefootballfan

10 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@upthepies I'm not a fan of the efl trophy tbf but it's nice to have some cup run 

Would have rather seen it in the League or F.A Cup than this, that's all. It means little to anyone.

It would be interesting to see if Notts can keep the ball on the ground in the next league game, Harry Kewell's tactics was worse than Kevin Nolan's.

On 14/11/2018 at 15:19, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Who cares.

The Nottingham Post 🤣

A little splash insert made the front page today.

Notts played really well, I think some of Donny's goals was soft but Kristian Dennis played like he had a point to prove. Enzio was class!

• Chris unfeatured this topic