Mansfield (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The first fixture most Pies fans would have been scanning the fixtures for when they were published. The same goes for Mansfield fans I expect. Notts County away is their biggest game of the season, it's the one they would love to win most, a win in our backyard. 

Even though it's a Friday night, it's possible the attendance could break 10K. Mansfield will bring 3K or more and with the bright start by the Pies, the home crowd will be well up on last season. 

Mansfield recruited well in the off season, they have put together a decent squad. They will be disappointed with their 1-1 draw at home to Carlise. That's a side they should be beating. They were beaten 4-1 away to Sheff. Wed. in the LC last night. They can few complaints, Wednesday were by far the better side and it wasn't their strongest side. 

Local derbies take on a life of their own. Form goes out the window. It will be a big test for our foreign contingent. They will know what L2 football is all about after this one! 

I'm going for 3-1 to Notts. Spencer, Stead and Noble. I think our pace and power will be too much for them. I expect them to try and bully us but we will be well able for it. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Really looking forward to this match, its a shame it wasn't on Saturday but I still think there will be a big crowd, with our last two results I would expect us to win, listening to the players interviews one or two have mentioned what a big match it will be so I think they are up for it but who knows with local derbys anything can happen.

'Pies to win 2-1. Stead and Silva.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Ya know me, don't do predicitions. But hope we will win.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  1

A friend of mine is a Wednesday fan and said they were terrible for the opening 20 odd minutes - Hopefully the same again on Friday! 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I watched the 10+ minutes of Mansfield v Carlisle and wasn't overly impressed with the quality of Mansfield. In fact, Carlisle looked the team far more likely to give  us issues.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a local derby, I don't think previous games really come into it.

Mansfield will want to beat us because of our rivalry, if Murray possesses managerial ambitions and qualities he will drill in this fact to all of his players. So, with that in mind I think it would encourage them to be at the top of their game. I would rather focus on the way we approach and break them down, for me, we just need to keep hitting in crosses which is something Mansfield generally look uncomfortable with defending.

If we play as we did against Stevenage and now more recently, the performance level of Huddersfield. Notts will have the advantage of the crisp, smooth, attacking football we are quickly becoming used too.

It's important that we focus on multiple ways of breaking down Mansfield, as I believe they will attempt to keep the ball in the air.

It's going to be interesting to see @Dan and his thoughts, no doubt he will want the Stags to win.

I personally think it will end 3-1. COYP!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

A friend of mine is a Wednesday fan and said they were terrible for the opening 20 odd minutes - Hopefully the same again on Friday!

well if we can start off brightly, perhaps it will be over by then?  :lol: 

i am really looking forward to watching this. 2-0 notts!

• Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

I know its a local derby and everything goes out the window in these sort of games

However being a notts fsn I am not used to watching a team that can actually play good football and I maybe letting excitement get over my head but I'm gonna go 3-0 notts

Stead with 2 and de Silva with the other

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

A good win will start to bring people back to meadow lane, the football is good and so are the results.

I think we can do well on friday yet again. 2-0 is my prediction!

• Content Count:  285

Teams that are like Mansfield seem right now can have good days, we should not get ahead of ourselves because chances are they will give us a game.

I think it may end up as a draw.

• Content Count:  142

Moniz seems to show a great understanding of the game, which I think will get the edge over the stags. What does he write in his book? He always seems to be writing in it.

I would like a convincing win, as many goals as possible.

• Content Count:  47

I can pay at the gate can't I? It'll be my first game for a while, so hopefully it'll be a good comfortable 3-1 win for us.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, it's pay the day.

Mansfield are sending out fighting talk :lol: Lets turn meadow lane into a fortress, it would be nice to win there for a change.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381

I watched the 10+ minutes of Mansfield v Carlisle and wasn't overly impressed with the quality of Mansfield. In fact, Carlisle looked the team far more likely to give  us issues.

If Murray doesn't work out will you be applying for the position as head coach at Mansfield? ;)

Since he still learning his trade as a manager, it will take him time to get the best out of his players. This game could be what they need, that in mind I just want Notts to battle them and win.

Hello I'm back, looking forward to the game. Should be a great atmosphere on Friday night. Bit worried that we being a bit over confident and it might bite us in the arse, but I feel we have enough quality to beat Mansfield. I'm sure the lads will really want to impress the home crowd. Come on you pies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Can't wait for this. Me and my mate from Dorchester who's also a pie are training it up on the Friday. The place should bee absolutey rocking! Not gonna say we'll batter them, form goes out the window in derbies, just hope we get the job done.

Also taking in Derby v Charlton on Saturday, should be a good game

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@weymouthPIE - What your not bringing @weymuff with you?!?!

You should put a good word in for PON, get dorchesterPIE on. I can see a formidable tag team within the prediction league! Seriously though have a good time mate, it was good to see and speak to you the other day at Stevenage.

• Content Count:  11

well if we can start off brightly, perhaps it will be over by then?  :lol: 

i am really looking forward to watching this. 2-0 notts!

Exactly! We all know only the 1st 20 minutes count! 

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

If you remember, I thought we would be unbeaten after our first 5 games..

3-1 I think... Stead Noble and an OG

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I think we can win this one. I'm not really sure on the score as i can be very wrong with predictions. We should at least get 2 goals out of this fixture though.

I might be bringing my Ipswich supporting mate along. What's the cost to get in the Kop?

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I think it's £22.00

• Content Count:  310

I am hoping we can play our usual game, for me if they try to stop that. It will be useful to see how we cope with that and what the play would look like.

Long ball football would not be good.

I might be bringing my Ipswich supporting mate along. What's the cost to get in the Kop?

£22, get yourself the reward card if you plan to attend often. It will knock off £2!! Well worth it.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,348

Those fans who have not been to any of the away games, deserve to witness the brilliant football Notts are showcasing at minute. If nobody scores by half time, I think that is when the scrappy play will creep in.

Its refreshing to see Notts perform for more than just 45 minutes!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I am counting on a win, it would make such a difference to see this football we are playing at home. I have a feeling if we score early enough we might slaughter them!

Archived