• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Has left Chesterfield and joined Scunthorpe, agent Ross did well. 😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

poor scunthopre hes not the best keeper, he makes too many mistakes for the level they play. i also dont like how he fist bumped both times chesterfield scored against us at meadow lane earlier this past season and kissed the badge. it came across as insulting because he was part of the team that took us down, no respect.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Maybe he's finally found his level. Awful keeper. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't want to bash Ross Fitzsimons, I am mindful about that, but he has come across as rude to me personally in the past. I like his dad's mind, he seems a switched on person and appreciates the fans. I also lost respect for him for the incidents that @liampie mentioned.

Celebrating in such a manner against the former club you heavily played a part in their relegation out of the Football League is just disrespectful.

I don't care if he felt justified due to the hassle he's had of others, most people tended to wish him well, and he's clueless when it comes to that. Both of our goals against Chesterfield in the playoff final and in our home game came as a cost of his mistakes. He's not a professional goalkeeper, not in his ability or attitude. I feel sorry for Scunthorpe fans because they'll soon realise how poor he is.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  895
  • Days Won:  11

Chessie will get a proper keeper now

• Haha 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I used to sympathise with Ross Fitzsimons, but not anymore. He seems to have a negative attitude and behaves as if he has a grudge. In my opinion, he’s not a very skilled goalkeeper. He seems to lack self-assurance and the capability to consistently perform well in goal. Whenever we play against him, I consider it a stroke of good fortune because we always manage to score.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I know some people say we shouldn’t be too hard on Ross Fitzsimons, but I swear he must have sponges for gloves. He usually starts off looking like a decent keeper, but then he starts making more errors than a drunk trying to solve a Rubik’s cube. I think he has issues with confidence and concentration. Chesterfield would have won if it wasn’t for him. I bet their fans are glad he’s gone.

I wonder if they were even considering renewing his contract? I can’t see any reason why they would unless they enjoy losing.

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

It’s unfortunate that Ross Fitzsimons seems prone to making errors. He always appears so remorseful afterwards.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I can’t help but feel sorry for Ross Fitzsimons, but sometimes it seems like his gloves have holes in them.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Ross Fitzsimons always has such an angry expression on the field. I wonder what he’s thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  882

It’s really disheartening to see Ross Fitzsimons make the same mistakes over and over again. You can’t help but feel for him and hope he can learn from them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

I truly hope that Ross Fitzsimons can turn his game around and improve. He has shown potential in the past and it would be great to see him reach it.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  531

It’s always tough to watch a player struggle like Ross Fitzsimons has been. I hope he can find a way to recover and get back on track.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I wish Ross Fitzsimons all the best in his future endeavours. It was probably time for him to move on from Chesterfield, and hopefully he can find success elsewhere.

Fitzsimons may not have been the best keeper I’ve seen, but I don’t hold any ill will towards him. Notts’ relegation was due to a variety of factors, not just Fitzsimons’ performance. I remember some people trying to defend him, while being critical of Sam Slocombe, but the two are as different as night and day.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Ross Fitzsimons seems to have lost his confidence and it’s difficult to see him like this. I hope he can find a way to regain it and to improve with his career moving forward.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,139
  • Days Won:  2

Ross Fitzsimons is terrible. He has a chip on his shoulder and acts like a sulky teenager throwing a tantrum. He really cost Chesterfield the game at Wembley.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It was quite an interesting scene during that free kick, which had everyone wondering what the player was up to. It almost looked like he wanted to take a seat on the ball, and in doing so, he clumsily handed it into the net. The funny bounce that led to Ruben Rodrigues’ goal was quite embarrassing, to say the least. With such a display of ineptitude, it’s safe to say that Chesterfield fans must have heaved a huge sigh of relief upon his exit from the club. Honestly speaking, why anyone would want a player who looks like a serial killer having a bad day, wearing comedy clown gloves, and continually falling apart on the pitch is beyond me. It's almost painful to watch, and I can’t help but feel sorry for Scunthorpe!

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I remember meeting him at the YoungPies Christmas event back in 2018. Despite appearing a bit grumpy, he was actually quite nice, polite, and friendly. However, later that same season, when my dad and I met him again, he didn't seem to remember me. He didn't sign my autograph book and even used some inappropriate language towards my dad when he reminded him that I was just a young fan. Since then, I haven't liked him much, and I feel like he deserves the consequences of his actions.

• Sad 1

• Content Count:  495

He has been known to take credit for accomplishments but behaves rudely when things don't go his way. In my opinion, he bears a significant responsibility for the downfall of Notts County, as he did not have the necessary level of skill and experience. This was apparent to anyone who observed his performance, regardless of whether we were playing against his team. Given his salary, it seems unjustifiable to continue employing him when a more competent goalkeeper could fill the position and contribute to the team's success.