Darren Moore and Gary O'neil - Sacked.

KB1862

Have to feel sorry for both of these. Gary O'Neil did well for Bournemouth, managed to keep them in the Premier League and pulled off some great results with him as head coach. While Darren Moore got Sheffield Wednesday promoted after guiding them to one of the greatest comebacks in football. 

The Bournemouth one is understandable as they had a replacement already lined up with how quick the new manager has been announced. However, I feel that's a bit shady from the club to already have someone lined up before the man in charge is still at the club. Never liked clubs like that. 

I'm not buying the whole mutual consent situation with Darren Moore that seems to get thrown around as a cop out by the club. I could be wrong and I'll stand corrected if it is actually the case. 

What's everyone's opinion, if you have any, on these sackings? 

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

Sheffield Wednesday has only just gone up, I don't understand why they would sack a manager that won them promotion.

I hope that the reason behind Darren Moore possibly leaving is not because the club is looking for a more famous coach in order to achieve better results. It seems weird. I can understand Bournemouth wanting to make a change. They probably want to keep up and have a manager which will help bring in those players who can do it, it's harsh, but understandable. The Moore sacking for me is far more strange!

• Like 17

@Chris have to feel sorry for Moore. Sacked as Wednesday boss after getting them promoted and before all this for sacked at West Brom despite being 4th in the Championship. Hopefully it's not them trying to get a more famous coach in, as you say. 

The Bournemouth one could backfire, it's understandable but these things can go horribly wrong as has been done many times.

@DonnyNotts that would make a lot of sense. It's a common thing these days, managers want a bit of control but as soon as they ask for abit of say they get the boot. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, KB1862 said:

The Bournemouth one could backfire, it's understandable but these things can go horribly wrong as has been done many times.

Bournemouth is the one team that seems able to sack a manager and still turn things around, I don't know how. I thought that they would struggle both teams they let Eddie Howe go, but there's something about them. I do agree, it could pay off, but it seems they can ride their luck in the managerial merry-go-round.

• Like 5

Supporter+

Unbelievable on both counts. What do they want? Moore took Wednesday up and Gary O’Neill did an incredible job and brought Bournemouth back from the brink.:huh2:

• Like 10

Both managers are victims of their own success. It’s disappointing to see news like this, but to outright sack them after what each achieved respectively is unbelievable. Sheffield Wednesday risks struggling if they make the change. Bournemouth should be okay. They have some good players and just need someone to organise them enough not to leak goals.

• Like 14

i dont understand either, i think bournemouth have made a mistake and as for sheffield wednesday they may undo all the good that moore has done for the club. they are no longer a strong championship team and they need real guidance to stay up.

• Like 11

It is typical of some teams to make decisions that leave you wondering about their reasoning. Football can be unpredictable in this way. I hope that for the sake of both sets of fans, these decisions do not affect their chances of success.

• Like 11

22 hours ago, KB1862 said:

@Chris have to feel sorry for Moore. Sacked as Wednesday boss after getting them promoted and before all this for sacked at West Brom despite being 4th in the Championship. Hopefully it's not them trying to get a more famous coach in, as you say. 

@DonnyNotts that would make a lot of sense. It's a common thing these days, managers want a bit of control but as soon as they ask for abit of say they get the boot. 

Maybe, the Wednesday owner is not well known for wanting to invest. I work with many Wednesday fans and none have a good word for the owner, and strangely a few are happy Moore has gone.

• Like 6

I can understand why you feel sorry for Darren Moore. It’s possible that he’s not the type of manager to make budget demands and that it’s more to do with having very limited transfer funds. He might have been told to sell to make more funds to bring in players. We can only speculate, but it’s certainly sad for Owls fans. As for Bournemouth, I don’t really know much about their situation either.

• Like 11

Darren Moore has done wonders for Sheffield Wednesday. As for Gary O’Neil, I felt he seemed short-term the moment he took the Bournemouth job. Both managers did well for their teams and should be able to move onto a new club. Good luck to the pair.

• Like 9

I'm absolutely baffled by the decision to sack Darren Moore. He led Sheffield Wednesday to promotion and now they decide to let him go? It just doesn't make any sense to me. If anything, they should be giving him additional support and resources to build on that success. It's a real shame to see such a talented manager treated this way.

• Like 7

The Bournemouth situation is illustrative of the fact that, in football, there's often no time for sentiment or loyalty. O'Neil did a great job there, but it seems like the club had their sights set elsewhere and were just waiting for the right moment to make a change.

• Like 6

Sheffield Wednesday might end up regretting their decision to let Moore go, especially if their new manager doesn't live up to expectations. I hope the club knows what they're doing. As for Bournemouth's strategy of constantly changing managers seems to be working for them so far, but there's no guarantee that their luck will hold in the long term. They might eventually hit a rough patch due to a lack of stability.

• Like 5

In my opinion, clubs should show more loyalty to their managers, especially those who have proven themselves capable of achieving success. It’s a shame when good coaches are let go for questionable reasons. Neither sacking makes sense to me, and I feel it just makes football look bad. Bournemouth have a reputation for being ruthless at times, and it’s a sign of their desperation to keep up with the big boys.

• Like 2