Notts County’s Permanent Signings: Who’s Your Favourite?

PON_News

Which of Notts County’s permanent signings are you most excited about and why?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will have the biggest impact on Notts County’s performance this season among their permanent signings?

• Jodi Jones
    • Will Randall
    • David McGoldrick
    • Dan Crowley

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,277
  • Days Won:  80

Who’s been your favourite permanent signing so far ahead of the League Two season?🤔 Jodi Jones, Will Randall, David McGoldrick or Dan Crowley? Leave your thoughts in the comments!👇🏻

• Like 18

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Jodi Jones has been my favourite signing but I think David McGoldrick will have the biggest impact. Don't really know a stunning amount of the other 2 signings tbf although I've seen posts about Crowley and it sounds like a fantastic signing. 

• Like 17

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

For me, Jodi Jones is the standout permanent signing for Notts County. He’s such an interesting and exciting player to watch on the pitch. His speed and agility make him a real threat to any defence. But I must say, I’m also delighted with the other three permanent signings. Will Randall, David McGoldrick and Dan Chorley all bring something unique to the team and I’m looking forward to seeing how they all perform this season.

• Like 22

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I completely agree with you, @CliftonMagpie. Jodi Jones is pure class. He’s such a talented player and brings so much to the team. His technical abilities and vision on the pitch are second to none. He’s the kind of player that can change the game in an instant with a moment of brilliance.

• Like 20

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

dan crowley is my choice, i think hes going to be class but all are great signings. i just feel like crowley will be the player that pulls a lot of our stringers and will excite us with his advanced position.

• Like 18

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

I have voted for Jodi Jones because I feel he’s the one who will stick around and help us the most in gaining promotion. He was very good for Coventry City and will hopefully help us achieve our long-awaited return to the Championship one day.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  419

Jodi Jones gets my vote. I think they’re all decent signings, but Jodi is the one who is quite easily too good for League Two. He was for the National League and look how he helped Notts there. So I think it’s safe to say that at his age, there’s room for him to come back stronger.

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I’m going for Jodi Jones because in the games I watched him play, he seemed well adapted to life in League Two. If he’s only just getting match-fit, then I hope to see him really take the game to the opposition. Plus, from clips I’ve seen of him playing for Malta, he doesn’t seem afraid to play against bigger-named players.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve gone for David McGoldrick for the sheer romance of the story, the way he talks about playing for his first club, he’s a Notts supporter and turned down more money to join us.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

I’ve also chosen David McGoldrick, mainly because I value his experience. I think he’s a good addition to the squad and I’m particularly interested to see how he performs.

• Like 14

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

All look to be solid additions to the team, but David McGoldrick is the one that I would say is my favourite signing. Jodi Jones is a game-changer and plays well within the team, as he does by himself. I just think McGoldrick will be a player that brings it all together.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

I voted for Jodi Jones because I do think he will be the player that makes the biggest impact of all the signings. We know what he brings and that suits us well. The three other players will need to work hard to establish themselves and to get to a level where they know the players as well as Jodi. He’s a massive signing for Notts!

• Like 8

• Content Count:  230

Well, experience is always a useful benefit to have in a team that wants to chase another promotion, so I have also decided to choose David McGoldrick. All the signings should be class!

• Like 12

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

I voted with my heart and head, so it has to be Jodi Jones. He has the ability to be the best player in our team; if he can get that grip on games where he starts to grow in confidence, he will be even more exciting. He’s my favourite signing, but I have nothing against any of the others.

• Like 7

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

I'm biased ,so abstaining.Long term Jodi Jones,short term Didzy.I hope he stays fit, goes out in a blaze of glory and doesn't disappoint fans or himself

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Supporter+

Feel sorry for Will Randall can someone vote for him please, poor defenders are often overlooked but they do an important job too.

If you’re reading this Will we love you too. 💕 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I thought that Will Randall played as a midfielder and on the wing. However, I know that he may end up as a full back for us. As for me, I voted for Jodi Jones, so it’s a bit late now.

• Like 8

Supporter+
23 minutes ago, JohnTheBost said:

I thought that Will Randall played as a midfielder and on the wing.

You are right @JohnTheBost I’d got it in my head he was a defender for some reason. :doh:

• Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I voted for Will. :D

He's the player out of the four that might have the least expectations but turn out to be a player like Sam Austin. My first choice, would be Jodi Jones, but I answered @Fan of Big Tone call and thought why not vote for Will Randall.

I do think he will prove to be a great assist to the team.

• Like 8

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I voted for Jodi Jones; we saw what he could do while on loan and to have him for a full season is encouraging. I believe we can do far more on the pitch. As others have said, I like all the signings. Will Randall seems like a great promising player who shone for Sutton; I would put him in the squad on the opening day.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

Dan Crowley received my vote; I’m hopeful he will be as enjoyable to watch as Ruben Rodrigues was, if not more so.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  880

At the time we signed Will Randall, I thought we had found a player who was on the up and had established himself playing for a team similar to our own situation. I could have chosen experience or the attraction of a player from a Premier League academy, but I voted for Randall because I believe he’s the one outside of the unknown who might fall under this due to having low expectations from others.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  734
  • Days Won:  3

My favourite signing so far is the return of David McGoldrick. I think his homecoming will be something that inspires the squad, and along with his ability and experience, will be useful in our first season back in the EFL.

Edited by heraldmagpie
  • Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

David McGoldrick gets my vote. I think his return will turn out to be a masterstroke and just the vibe the signing gives easily makes him my favourite signing so far.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

My favourite signing is Dan Crowley. However, all of the signings will have my full support. I think they will all do well.

• Like 4