• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 16

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

We're away on the first and last day, and if there aren't any postponements our 5,000th League game will be away at Gillingham. FGR away on the final day is not ideal if there's something at stake. Donny on Boxing Day might be tasty.

Might get myself down for the Bradford game! 

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

• Like 13
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Sutton away, meh it is what it is!

First home game Grimsby yes please, the lane will be rocking, we still owe them one from the play offs.

Donny away & Tranmere at home will be hard.. especially with Dennis & Hemmings playing up front for Tranmere, which ones scoring? 🙄

August looks a tough month for us, back us to beat anyone on our day.. 

September on paper looks a very favourable month.

Mansfield at home on the 14th October, I'm going to see a band called The Sherlocks in the evening at Rock City has the makings of a decent Saturday night that! 

Wrexham at home 28th October will be tasty. 

Donny round at the lane for Boxing day. 

New years day away at Tranmere.

Mansfield away on 3rd Feb. 

Finishing away FGR, not the greatest but hey ho!

And we're back!

Edited by TheCalFoster
Thought Harrogate was on my birthday but was a month too early 🙃
  • Like 20

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

The start is promising and there’s an opportunity to build momentum early on if the results go our way. The Tranmere game will be a good opportunity to start strong. Overall, I’m quite pleased with the release of the fixtures.

• Like 13

Lincoln at home in the Carabao Cup, will have abit of that! 

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

its a decent set of opening fixtures, its not too hard on paper and gives notts some chance to build momentum. if we start off brightly, notts could really push forward but after being in the national league and with this squad, i dont think we should fear any team.

• Like 14

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Sutton away isn’t a bad start to the season; it will be good for Will Randall to get this one out of the way early on. I have confidence that we can get off to a bright start.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  1

The fixture release seems fine to me; no real concerns. A decent start; some can moan about the games being boring or whatever, but this will disappear if we get off to a good start.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t dwell too much on the fixtures, as I think the players will be happy to get the new season underway and will look at what we have been handed feeling positive. I had wished we could start the season off at home, but that’s wishful thinking and more hope. I don’t mind that it begins with an away game at Sutton; it’s a fairly routine trip. I see no real negatives to point out; there are a few difficult journeys on certain days but that’s to be expected.

I am hoping we will get through them without much problem; picking up the points is the aim of the game. Tough or difficult starts on paper aren’t something to worry too much about. I think we should be able to make a promising start if we work hard enough.

• Like 13

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m not tooo bothered about who we play or when I’m just really pleased to be playing back in the league again.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I’m not tooo bothered about who we play or when I’m just really pleased to be playing back in the league again.

Here, here! 🍻

• Like 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319

Quite a balanced set of fixtures, but even if it wasn’t, there’s not much that can be done about it. You have to just get on with them and hope the squad is prepared enough to pick up the points to make a good start or pick them up eventually enough to do well.

• Like 12

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was at the cemetery at Wilford when Kate told me that the fixtures had been released.

I didn't look at them until I returned home, so I can't say I am too fussed or bothered about who we play. I think mentally football teams just need to prepare, what goes into the training and coaching beforehand are the important parts. If a team believes it can win, has the support of the fans then that is the main thing.

Notts should feel quite capable of doing well regardless of who we play.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

t’s interesting that we’ve been given our first away day against Will Randall’s former club. I think it will be good for him to get it out of the way and I would start him. Let’s see what he can do and hope we can get the result; a win on the opening day would be nice, but I have no complaints. The fixtures look good to me!

• Like 11

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah I'm not someone who's overly fussed about the fixtures, we're going to have to play everyone twice at some point! I'm not particularly fussed about the order but a home game would've been nice to start on. I guess on a personal note we've got a home game on my birthday weekend so that's a game I'll look forward to!

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

The fixtures look good to me as well. I like how The Sun is portraying Wrexham’s fixtures as difficult. They don’t seem to be so to me, although I think they have been quiet. I believe we should enter the season with confidence and work towards the best possible outcome. It would be nice to have winning streaks.

• Like 10

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Fixtures are standard to me, but the key is to start brightly and progress as you pick up good results. If Notts could repeat their unbeaten run, as they did last season but in League Two, it would allow us to see just how far this squad may and could go. What’s to complain about? We had to play each team at some point.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

I am happy with the fixtures. I don’t do many away games these days, but there are many that appeal to me. So, I cannot fault or moan. I understand that some fans might not fancy certain games due to the date etc., but that’s a given.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

The fixtures don’t affect me, but I will be streaming whatever games iFollow covers. I have noticed that this has become more of a priority, which is a good thing. Getting good results in those early games will be of priority to Luke and the team.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419

The opening games for me bring a level of excitement. Sutton will be a good away day for fans who can make it, followed by Tranmere Rovers who seem to be building a decent squad. If we can get the results needed here, it could have a snowball effect on the others after. I am happy with what we have been given.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

It’s just good to see who we have, when we should have them and what games we can start planning for. The rest doesn’t matter. I think the fixtures are unimportant to us to a degree that most will still make difficult games regardless of when they are.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  561

I want to enjoy being back watching League Two football. The fixtures are what they are. The players need to make the most of the earlier games because we can build a good amount of momentum moving forward. Those crucial times when fixtures start getting congested, at least we can rotate and make use of our squad size.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  862

I quite like the first fixtures as there is a mix of teams and Tranmere Rovers will provide a good test. It would be nice to get these matches out of the way before the teams really get going. However, I don’t pay too much attention to the fixtures as the main dates for me are near Christmas and New Year. I can choose whether or not to attend these matches. The players, on the other hand, have to turn up and fight for the points. There may even be a few overnight stays for them.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  896
  • Days Won:  3

Fixtures are a standard thing for some fans to complain about, but real supporters will just get on with the season. I suppose it depends on the level of complaint - some may be valid and fall outside of what I am referring to. However, those that come across as nit picky are what I am writing about.

• Like 3