My Team for the 2018/19 Season!

samwatto2008

Having announced that the business is done apart from maybe a special loan move I thought I would create what I think is our best team and formation to run ahead of this campaign. 

GK - Fitzsimmons

LB - Dan Jones

CB - Shaun Brisely

CB - Ben Hall

RB - Tootle

RM - Boldewjin 

CM - Vaughan

CM - Hewitt

LM - Nathan Thomas

ST - Kane Hemmings

ST - Kristian Dennis    

Bench: Pindroch, Bird, Kellett, Alessandra, Hawkridge, Stead, Campbell 

5 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

GK - Fitzsimmons

LB - Dan Jones

CB - Shaun Brisely

CB - Richard Duffy

RB - Tootle

RM - Boldewjin 

CM - Vaughan

CM - Hewitt

LM - Nathan Thomas

ST - Kane Hemmings

ST - Kristian Dennis    

This.

Nolan won't change the back four at the start of the season, so you will have to say that this is his best line up.

My team would be exactly the same has what @samwatto2008 has posted.

I would start Ben Hall, he's more switched on and defends well. However, it's unlikely that Kevin Nolan would switch Hall for Richard Duffy. If Duffy does become the captain, he's almost guaranteed to start regularly.

1: Fitzsimmons

2: Tootle

3: Jones                           3: Kellett

4: Brisley

5: Duffy. Cpt.                   5: Hall

6: Hewitt

7: Boldewjin                     7: Alessandra / Hawkridge 

8: Vaughn.                       8: Vaughn. Cpt.

9: Stead                           9: Dennis

10: Hemmings

11: Thomas

on the left is the team I think Kevin will go with all being fit !!

on the right is my choice given that on what I’ve seen so far. Hall & Dennis should be first choices all day long IMO. Jones has looked off his last season form as yet. Boldewjin seems unsure of his position.

of course pre-season is still in full flow so my opinion may be different after tomorrow.

4 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Having announced that the business is done apart from maybe a special loan move I thought I would create what I think is our best team and formation to run ahead of this campaign. 

GK - Fitzsimmons

LB - Dan Jones

CB - Shaun Brisely

CB - Ben Hall

RB - Tootle

RM - Boldewjin 

CM - Vaughan

CM - Hewitt

LM - Nathan Thomas

ST - Kane Hemmings

ST - Kristian Dennis    

Bench: Pindroch, Bird, Kellett, Alessandra, Hawkridge, Stead, Campbell 

I like the look of this squad, just unsure about Pindroch being on the bench.

3 hours ago, Truefootballfan said:

1: Fitzsimmons

2: Tootle

3: Jones                           3: Kellett

4: Brisley

5: Duffy. Cpt.                   5: Hall

6: Hewitt

7: Boldewjin                     7: Alessandra / Hawkridge 

8: Vaughn.                       8: Vaughn. Cpt.

9: Stead                           9: Dennis

10: Hemmings

11: Thomas

on the left is the team I think Kevin will go with all being fit !!

on the right is my choice given that on what I’ve seen so far. Hall & Dennis should be first choices all day long IMO. Jones has looked off his last season form as yet. Boldewjin seems unsure of his position.

of course pre-season is still in full flow so my opinion may be different after tomorrow.

I would go for Hall to start over Duffy but we know it won't happen.

Dennis and Hemmings as a starting pair is a must, allow Stead to come on when the opposition have tired. He could have more purpose as an impact sub/rotational player.

3 hours ago, macpie said:

We could also play with a back 5, 3 in mid and 2 up front, switching to 4 in mid 1 up front away from home, just a thought.

I think the ability to switch formations would be a beneficial thing provided the players can adapt, training should be focused on this area because 4-4-2 is good but it can be predictable.

4-4-2. If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it. Several good signings as well. Nolan has done well to flood the team with new signings. Evans did sign some decent players last season at Mansfield, but he flooded the team with the new signings. They had the core of the team from the 16-17 season but instead he put most of the new signings in at the start. Nolan has kept the same defence and goalkeeper as last season, with Hewitt being the other player from last season that will most likely start. This means 6 out of the 11 players who played in 17-18 will start in the team this season. It's important to keep the core or the spine of your team, after a strong season.

Fitzsimons, Tootle, Brisley, Duffy, Jones, Boldewijn, Vaughan, Hewitt, Thomas, Dennis, Hemmings

On 20/07/2018 at 22:59, ARLukomski said:

4-4-2. If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it. Several good signings as well. Nolan has done well to flood the team with new signings. Evans did sign some decent players last season at Mansfield, but he flooded the team with the new signings. They had the core of the team from the 16-17 season but instead he put most of the new signings in at the start. Nolan has kept the same defence and goalkeeper as last season, with Hewitt being the other player from last season that will most likely start. This means 6 out of the 11 players who played in 17-18 will start in the team this season. It's important to keep the core or the spine of your team, after a strong season.

Fitzsimons, Tootle, Brisley, Duffy, Jones, Boldewijn, Vaughan, Hewitt, Thomas, Dennis, Hemmings

I guess it depends if the tactics would give Notts the edge over the competition.

I would prefer 442 myself, but if the formation weakens the squad I don't mind adapting provided its trained and prepared in advanced.

1 hour ago, CliftonMagpie said:

I guess it depends if the tactics would give Notts the edge over the competition.

I would prefer 442 myself, but if the formation weakens the squad I don't mind adapting provided its trained and prepared in advanced.

I agree to be honest. The 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 from last season looked a bit rushed and not prepared 

Archived