Match Discussion: Game 33 - The Spireites (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,284
  • Days Won:  80

Game 33 - The Spireites (H)

Team: Chesterfield

Date: 01/02/2020

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

No need to be so cautious this weekend. Into them from the off Notts. Speed it up and make the runs. We need to get that knowhow going, of where and when teammates are going to make a run when a player receives the ball. 

As for Ardley, play the wingers as wingers and not inside CAM's. We saw at Halifax and at home to Maidenhead when we play our wide men in their proper playing positions, they can produce their best.

If Ardley is urging us to take risks and be brave and telling us intensity in training is high, then let's do it on the pitch. We know this team can do it so go out there and put it into a game. Let's do it consistently in the game as well, and not in spells.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Any news on the injured players yet? We need Notts fight back that we've had this season so far.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Key to a good result against Chesterfield is to fluster their defence, whilst we are well organised at the back.

I don't think they can be dismissed due to their position.

On their day, they can cause teams trouble and they'll be wanting to win the local derby. I would be a bit annoyed if Notts didn't give good service to the forward line, we seem to be making the likes of Kyle Wootton work harder.

This will be my first glimpse of Callum Roberts, I am hoping he will cause some issues.

Enzio Boldewijn grabbing a stunning goal, it would ease the pressure on him and, just give the whole place a boost. I think he's due a goal, he just needs to try to keep the ball down and aim for a good place.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

i think it could end up as a goalless drawn, would love to see a good home win but i think in games like this we buckle to the pressure.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Kristian Dennis to start ahead of Wes Thomas? This time, I would save Dennis for when they become tired or are more likely to switch off.

I will be interested to see the team sheet and who fills in for Michael Doyle.

We are all pinning our hopes on Jim O'Brien but it might be safer to go with Tom Crawford, at least for the first half.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

3 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Any news on the injured players yet? We need Notts fight back that we've had this season so far.

I read that Regan Booty is doubtful but could potentially make a return to the bench.

Dion Kelly-Evans is still out supposedly, along with Damian McCrory at the moment but McCrory could make a full return.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This one's a banana skin, especially with Chesterfield having picked up a couple of results recently. Hopefully we can beat the TV curse.

I think Jimbo will return to the midfield alongside Rose. It'll be interesting to see if Bakayogo gets the nod at left back again, as he had a bit of a mare last time out...

How long is Slocombe out for?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Who’s available is the question ! Can’t see us getting much out of this Game taking into account Missing players and the TV monkey on our back.

can’t help thinking the after Christmas slide is underway. 😞

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

See how we go on!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Jim O'Brien will be back, that was disclosed in the updated from Neal Ardley. I would imagine some of the other players might make a return to the bench, I don't think Ardley would give it all away in an interview.

Chesterfield defend as poorly as Notts does when they switch off.

This encounter could be more interesting or just comical overall.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not expecting much from the game due to it being on TV, I think the attendance might also suffer with fans thinking they can turn off after Chesterfield score in the 22nd minute of the game.

Notts could do with getting the win but we shall see.

Guest gtownjohnno

Just wondering if or when we will see the super duper electronic advertising boards around the perimeter walls of the pitch???? County must be 1 of the very few grounds to have never had them.... 

• Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

There’s an interesting story now that the Chesterfield manager has said Fitzsimmons is desperate to go back and he wants him back. I wonder what it’s been like behind the scenes this week, I wonder if he’ll start now…

Their manager has also said he’s picking the brains' of Nathan Tyson and Matt Tootle about how Notts might play. "I think Tyson has been doing my job this week," he joked. "I have asked about one or two things." A bit weird as I think it’s pretty obvious how we’ll play, NA has been using pretty much the same system all season!

Even though they beat us they last time, they were really poor. About 3 shots over the whole game and one went it in. I think we absolutely have to score first and if we do, I hope the goals will flow and we’ll be able to banish this TV curse!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

its forecast to have heavy winds tomorrow, so please make sure you all wrap up warmly.

provided it does not rain that will be a good thing.

i am hoping ardley will get kean to go in goal, i have lost confidence in ross again. hes not vocal enough and i think we will continue to lose if he plays.

• Content Count:  537

On 30/01/2020 at 19:45, Truefootballfan said:

Can’t see us getting much out of this Game taking into account Missing players and the TV monkey on our back.

Those that step up need to show why they deserve to start, the squad has depth and its time we used it. Notts have had large squads for years now, some there's got to be players to cover the injuries.

Hopefully, someone can grab an early goal to take much of the nerves off the game.

• Content Count:  3,009

Right, can we get some last minute predictions if you haven't had a say yet?

It doesn't matter if you don't want too, but we would like to say what people think. Drop them below. 👇

• Content Count:  495

2-1, O'Brien and Wootton.

It will be a tough game, the cameras might add some further pressure. If Notts works hard the points will remain at Meadow Lane.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can see it easily ending up 2-2.

Notts to open things up with Kristian Dennis scoring an heart, only for Chesterfield to get back on level terms and then peg us a goal behind.

Wes Thomas will grab the equaliser.

Hobestly, it can go a mixture of ways but a draw seems most likely in my mind.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

4 hours ago, menzinho said:

There’s an interesting story now that the Chesterfield manager has said Fitzsimmons is desperate to go back and he wants him back. I wonder what it’s been like behind the scenes this week, I wonder if he’ll start now…

Someone shared a Twitter post in the Facebook today suggesting that we were going to sign the Wimbledon keeper Joe McDonnell.

If this is true, it would appear that McDonnell has been on NA's radar for a while, as an internet search reveals that we were interested in him last January too. And secondly, it indicates that NA can't get shut of Fitz quickly enough. It'll be very interesting to see who's in goal tomorrow.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Chesterfield will try to make it difficult for Notts, I can't see them giving us an inch on the pitch. For this reason I think it will be a tight game, with a single goal.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

It's hard to feel disappointed with how many injuries Notts have, if the club was to lose to Chesterfield. I think they will want a win a match like today, so they might play better than normal. Who knows?

I can see them winning 2-1.

• Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

I can see the game ending goalless myself, its going to be an ugly game unless Notts or Chesterfield decide to work hard enough.

I just can see both teams sitting back too much.