National League Suspended

Countyman

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  0

The news which everyone knew would happen but still packs a punch when it's announced. I wonder if or when it will be able to be restarted?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

We will have to just sit it out and wait to see what happens, it could be a few months or even longer. Why knows? Trust this to happen when Notts is bang in form.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

The worst news that could have come that we all expected.

Everyone knew Saturday would be one of the last games for awhile, now it's suspended.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,936
  • Days Won:  162

im hoping they dont cancel the season, its messed up but it does need to happen. as i say i would hate for this season to count for nothing.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

It is needed but a shame because we were doing well, if it was last season i dont think as fans we would be as bothered.

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Like most of have said, expected and the right thing to do but still not a great feeling for footballs fans.

It only dawned on me this afternoon that our owner’s business makes money from supplying betting firms with football data. With no matches taking place, no-one will be betting on the football for however long the suspension lasts! This really isn’t great news for us…

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

At least those over football are trying to ensure the leagues restart, international fixtures being moved will have helped that. I felt it would be the last game for awhile at Notts.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

At least there's movement with the fixtures which is making it flexible to get this situation under control and see out the rest of this season. If it drags on, it might end up cancelled but at least there's ongoing discussions.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

If only it had come about when the league had finished, it wouldn't be as big of an issue to delay the start of a campaign but towards the end its just a pain. It's only 8 games I think, so if they were played in concession it could still be completed but its down to people isolating themselves.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I’ll  need to find a new dress distraction, it’s upped it’s anti here in the states and panic is increasing by the he day. It’s the right call to suspend the league.

• Content Count:  274

It would be useful if we can keep this updated with the latest mumblings of what might happen. We all knew the league would be suspended, this virus has hit and it's unlikely just to go away. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  3

I think it’s reasonable design

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

The suspension for Premier League and EFL football has been extended until April 30th now. I’d image the National League will have make a similar announcement soon. There’s absolutely no way we’ll be playing Barnet in 16 days…

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

3 hours ago, menzinho said:

The suspension for Premier League and EFL football has been extended until April 30th now. I’d image the National League will have make a similar announcement soon. There’s absolutely no way we’ll be playing Barnet in 16 days…

Have to agree myself, the National League will expand the suspension.

I can't see it being resolved by the end of April, it looks like it will take awhile longer. I don't think a vaccination will be found any time soon, I know there's talk of it but I doubt it.

• Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I hate to say it, I think it's going to be cancelled this season.

I just can't see a way forward.

• Content Count:  141

It will be delayed, school's might be suspended for awhile pushing into the next school term. I think football might have to move forward, hopefully behind close doors before any full on cancellation.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,143
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's saddening news, I felt it couldn't have come at a worse time. The two home fixtures Notts looked class, but it was the right call. It's good in one sense it didn't happen sooner as we have more points but it might have made a bit more sense.

As closing before the outbreak spiked could have seen us cope with the virus better in my eyes.

It's been around since December? I can't help but feel the UK should and could have been more prepared.

Archived