Has Notts forgotten about Junior Morias?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

Where does Junior Morias fit within this squad? I don’t think he’s quite the “panic buy”, but it seems like a strange signing considering his injury and the level of minutes he ended up playing. It’s great that we are building depth, but in each of his positions we have multiple players and his place on the pecking order seems to lower with each addition.

So, where does he fit in Luke Williams’ side?

• Like 22

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Good point there. We play with one up front, so he's already competing with Langstaff, McGoldrick and Scott for that. And we've got Crowley and Austin for the Rodders position, and all three of the other strikers can play there too, so his chances don't look good. I don't think the club actually planned to sign another striker before McGoldrick came available, but now it's left Morias looking a bit too far from the first eleven, at least in theory.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating though. I was sceptical when we signed Stallard as we'd already signed a bunch of strikers, and I had no idea when he'd actually play. But he forced his way into the picture and was a massive success. 

• Like 17

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

He seems to have been forgotten for sure. He’s made one cameo appearance and spent the rest of the time on the bench. If he were to feature in our future plans, I don’t understand how he would get a good amount of game time. It’s both a good and bad thing, and it’s down to Luke Williams to make it work out.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

As for Notts, I had to think twice about who he was. If that’s the case, then there’s something about him that has been forgotten. He had one touch in his cameo and looked very speedy. I can see him ending up being played out of position or maybe on the right, so perhaps Aaron Nemane won’t need replacing if he leaves?

• Like 12

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Impact sub? Rotation? It's a long old season.. There's definitely a good player in there!

• Like 12

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

He will be direct cover for Langstaff but I also think he may be used in wide areas. We are currently not sure how we are going to line up next season as everyone assumes that we will play the same system, but we could possibly change to 4 at the back with 2 wingers.

• Like 18

• Content Count:  419

I would rather play Cedwyn Scott if someone is going to replace Macaulay Langstaff. We know Scott has goals in him and when he was played, he would prove that. I’m sure Junior Morias is a good player, but the pecking order needs to be prioritised by goals. Scott will also improve, whereas Morias won’t as much.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I had forgotten we had signed him. I’m not sure what to make of this myself, but I have found all the comments to be interesting. I aim to check this a few times to see what updates it gets. I’m sure Luke Williams will find time for the players though.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i agree, that scott is the player with the highest potential. when comes to 2nd or 3rd option but i think he will get game time from off the bench and maybe when the former changes. i don't see how morias fits in despite his talent.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

When Morias signed I thought they said he needed time to get fit so possibly that’s why he hasn’t had much game time but as others have said it’s hard to see where he’ll fit in at the moment, we’ll see but I’m sure Luke Williams will know what plans he has for him.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

1 hour ago, liampie said:

i agree, that scott is the player with the highest potential. when comes to 2nd or 3rd option but i think he will get game time from off the bench and maybe when the former changes. i don't see how morias fits in despite his talent.

Some games will be better for different players, it's a squad game these days as we witnessed last season. Some games will require his pace to get in behind, not a bad option to bring on is he? Sure between Carabao Cup, EFL cup, FA Cup & injuries he'll get minutes! 

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

It’s good to have backup, and I believe he will get some playing time. However, whether he’ll be content with not playing regularly is another matter. In response to @Fan of Big Tone, we did sign him, but unfortunately he got injured during training. That kept him out of the game for a while, and currently he seems to be more of a secondary option.

• Like 11

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

I think he still has a chance to make an impact, but he may have to be patient. Injuries and suspensions can happen, and that's when he'll need to be ready to step up.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  528

I think he might be a surprise package for us this season. From what I’ve seen and heard, he has a real burst of pace and can create something out of nothing. It’s always exciting to have a player like that on the team. He just needs to be given the opportunity to play and show what he can do. With enough game time, I’m sure he’ll be able to make a real impact and help us achieve our goals this season.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  230

I feel like he might become a useful player off the bench, especially in games where we need to change things up and inject some pace. Let's give him a chance.

• Like 13

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

I think the real issue is that we don't have a clear position for Morias. He's versatile, but it does feel like Langstaff and Scott are ahead of him in the pecking order. Time will tell.

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

When he signed, I was quite excited to see what he could do. He obviously has something about him, but if he's not playing, it's hard for him to make an impact. Fingers crossed he gets a chance soon.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I agree that to us, he seems to have been forgotten, but I don't think Luke Williams will have.

Since there's been no out-goings except for Ruben Rodrigues, or much talk of others who are in contact leaving. It would suggest to me that Junior Morias still very much features in our plans. The depth of the squad is paramount; it will allow us to keep players fresh. I can't remember where, but I did read something that suggested Notts may change formation. It's quite likely that this might be a tactic within games.

If Notts switches to two up front, before games, then this will leave options.

I think it only seems he's been forgotten because he's featured once as a sub and that we haven't seen him aside from this. I think there's a scope for the club to do an interview with Luke Williams and Junior Morias to further talk about their plans.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

The best post in the whole discussion goes to @Chris. I hadn’t thought about this and would have said he had been forgotten, but after seeing such a detailed and interesting comment, it’s hard not to agree with it. Luke Williams will know what he has at his disposal; he will know where they fit in and I’m sure he will get the best out of JR Morias.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I'm not sure he's been forgotten, more a case of the player who plays in his position has had the season of his life! There was no way Langstaff was getting dropped for our run in. I'm also pretty sure he had a knock when he joined and it was quite late in the season too so he didn't exactly have much time to make a big impact. We'll see more of him this season, unless Macaulay starts the season off in a way that suggests he's out to break his own goal-scoring record!

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Since there's been no out-goings except for Ruben Rodrigues, or much talk of others who are in contact leaving. It would suggest to me that Junior Morias still very much features in our plans. The depth of the squad is paramount; it will allow us to keep players fresh. I can't remember where, but I did read something that suggested Notts may change formation. It's quite likely that this might be a tactic within games.

Spot on, I think he will find his place in time and all the players must rely on their form to keep a place in the side. Compared to other seasons, this should be a recipe for success, provided Luke Williams isn’t afraid to drop certain players if they hit a poor spell.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t know what’s going on with Junior Morias. I know he’s a quick player that can inject pace. He can score and I think we’ll see him come on more out wide, especially if Aaron Nemane doesn’t sign his contract offer from us.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  373

Seems like Morias has kind of become the 'forgotten man' at the club. He's got talent, but the competition for spots is just too fierce. Let's hope he can have an impact when called upon.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  880

At some point, injuries will strike and Morias will get his opportunity. It's up to him to seize any chances he gets, and maybe he can force himself into a more prominent role.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  19

Junior's got potential, but he does look a bit of a puzzle piece for our squad at the moment. Hopefully, Luke Williams has a plan in mind for how to best utilize him.

• Like 2