Andy Dallas to Gillingham?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Former Rangers striker Andrew Dallas linked to Gillingham after ending the season on loan at National League play-off finalists Chesterfield from Solihull Moors.

Could this be why Neal Ardley decided he wanted out of Solihull Moors?

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/amp/gillingham-linked-to-non-league-striker-288988/

• Like 17

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Andrew Dallas looked nothing special, until he went on loan to Chesterfield. I remember being disappointed seeing him play for Weymouth and Sollihull Moors.

I am not sure if Gillingham is the type of team that will get the best out of him.

• Like 15

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in two minds about this. Dallas is definitely a talented lad, but he needs the right environment.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i would imagine chesterfield will be hoping to sign him, so gillingham may have more competitive. i think he proved himself with chesterfield but he does need the right team.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  101

Chesterfield seemed to be the perfect loan setting for Dallas. Not so sure about Gillingham.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I thought Andy Dallas would move to Chesterfield; he has settled in well there, and I am surprised that they haven’t already put in an offer for him. They have been spending money, wanting to get out of the National League, and Chesterfield would be a better fit than Gillingham.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I can’t see Gillingham getting the best out of Andy Dallas. But once one club shows interest, you never know if others will come in for him. It’s possible that others in our league may take an interest.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

He’s being linked with Grimsby Town, which might be a better fit. If Chesterfield doesn’t go for him, they’re mad. He did very well for them and helped them secure third place. Without him and some of the other key Chesterfield players, I don’t think this finish would have been likely.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-bidding-war-solihull-dallas-8088831

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think most League Two teams will be linked with Andy Dallas until a deal is struck. I’ll hold off commenting on how he’ll fit in, but a player of his calibre in finishing would be a good signing for anyone. It’s a shame we’re so blessed in this department, as I’d like to see him play for us.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  879

While Andrew Dallas indeed didn't make a significant impact at Weymouth or Solihull Moors, it's worth noting that every club and manager bring a different dynamic. The Chesterfield loan seemed to rejuvenate Dallas. Now, if Gillingham or Grimsby can replicate that kind of environment, Dallas could thrive with either as well.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  225

Interesting to see where this goes. Dallas to Gillingham could work out well.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Andy Dallas should be in demand with various clubs. I am somewhat surprised that Tranmere Rovers haven’t gone in for him. I don’t know if teams are put off because Solihull Moors want more than most are willing to pay, but that would leave me wondering why Gillingham.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Dallas’s inconsistency has been his biggest drawback. Even during his time at Rangers, his potential was notable but he couldn't perform at a consistent level. A move to a club like Gillingham may offer him the level of stability and proper guidance he needs.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  381

The move would definitely be a gamble for Dallas and Gillingham alike. Dallas's past performances haven't been spectacular, but there are flashes of talent. I suppose it's about whether Gillingham can harness that talent and bring the best out of him.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  210

Despite rather dull performances at Weymouth and Sollihull Moors, Dallas may find more room for development at Gillingham. That being said, Gillingham's squad and management style might not gel well with Dallas's playing style. Only time will tell if this is a good match.

Edited by MagpieLane
  • Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Certainly a lot of ifs and buts around Dallas's potential move. A bit of a gamble, yes. But if it does work out in their favour, Gillingham might have a real gem in their hands.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Andy Dallas would be a great addition to any League Two team. I think he would do well with a team that can create chances. The reason he struggled with Solihull Moors and Weymouth is their lack of direct threat. Solihull Moors are a good team, but Neal Ardley isn’t an attacking-minded manager, and Weymouth were just poor.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Oldham fans seem certain that he is going to them. Would be a huge signing for them if true as I couldn’t see him going anywhere but the EFL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  618

While Dallas may not have been at his best during his stints at Weymouth and Solihull Moors, the move to Chesterfield seemed to catalyse a transformation. If Gillingham can offer an atmosphere and management that's conducive to Dallas's style, this move might not be that much of a gamble.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

This uncertainty is intrinsic to football, isn't it? 'Will he? Won't he?' No matter where Dallas ends up, I hope he manages to tap into his full potential.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350

I think Andy Dallas will join a League Two team. Oldham fans are probably smoking something because there’s little reason for him to spend another season in the National League when Grimsby and Gillingham, etc., are looking to sign him. It’s hardly the situation we found ourselves in with Macaulay Langstaff. Dallas needs to avoid taking a step back, so I think joining a higher-up club would pay off for him.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Dallas has consistently scored pretty much 1 in 2 at national League level, including at teams that will not create as many chances/ dominate games... Such as Weymouth and Solihull.

That's a good record for anybody. Any national League team would be looking at him and going, yeah, he's gonna get 20+ goals in a season. I'm sure every NL club wants him, realistically Chessie and Oldham can afford/entice him.

Would a league 2 club look at him? Of course they would. 23 year old striker, 20 a season in the league below, plenty of potential. It's not a surprise that Grimsby and money bags Wrexham-lite Gillingham are taking a look.