• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This seems a good compromise.

• Like 13

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

The few games I managed to make last season, the programmes were fantastic. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i used to buy them at every game until a few years ago, when it became like cheap card. i dont like the paper, i get its cost saving measure but other clubs still do them with the nicer quality and it makes seem good value. when i had the email about the club wanting fans thoughts if they should continue, i fully expected them just to scrap it to save costs and time.

• Like 10

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This is great news, although I think the first several pages are good reads. It declines afterwards, and I am not a fan of the quality either. Nuneaton’s programme cost a pound and it was good value. The club should consider other suppliers if they are not making much money or reduce the quantity.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This is sensible. Programmes have been getting bigger and more expensive for years, but who needs a 60-page bible for the half time break? A cheaper programme with about half the pages is the way to go.

It'll probably be a stay of execution anyway. With so much information and so many opinions available instantly online, the match programme has probably had its day.

I've experienced combined match programmes for two games in Germany. It's all fun and games till you buy the same one twice 😂

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Yes, I think this is the best way forward. There’s a lot of unnecessary information in the programme, so reducing it will bring out the quality. I’m not sure Notts needs to see the programme as a profit-making venture, as I don’t think this is normal these days, but breaking even is important.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

There has been alot of ads and padding in it in past few years so it makes sense to make it have more info aswell.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I used to buy them for most games and, I think it would be a real shame if the club stopped producing them. However, I stopped buying them a few seasons ago, mostly because I didn't feel the quality was there. The first several pages are great, but then much of the content isn't to that standard. While I appreciate the effort put into current programs, I can't help but reminisce about the Trew era and long for its exceptional programming quality. I would read everything, now I would only be bothered about the first few pages.

Notts came 2nd with their programme last season, which is great news. However, not many other clubs dedicate as much time to their programme as Notts does. This doesn't diminish the efforts of other clubs though.

Reducing the pages makes sense; I just hope it's not filled with filler but quality.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Notts should consider selling a digital copy of the programme. All modern Android and iPhones can download something that reads them. This would be a good idea, as a paper version just becomes clutter. I haven’t collected them for years, as they just take up space and I think 30 pages is more than enough. However, I would encourage the club to look at a digital copy and ensure that the quality of features remains high. Cut out some of the community stuff when it’s just filler. If there’s something worth mentioning, I like that, but most isn’t worth printing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I think programmes are a dated part of football games and preserving them will be difficult. I can easily see editions covering two or more games in the future.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I think a 30-page programme is more than enough, but even an 8-page one will still have ads inside, I bet. I would pay more just to not have so many ads. That’s one of my only gripes, along with the paper quality.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t mind them reducing the number of pages, but if the company they use only does 30, 60, etc., might it be worth looking to see if there are better and cheaper alternatives out there? 30 pages should be fine, but there may be times when a few more pages are needed. Lowering the number should also reduce the time needed to produce the content.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419

I’m not particularly concerned about the programmes, as I haven’t purchased one in over a decade. I understand why some fans might be disappointed, but even a 30-page programme seems excessive to me. While others may want them, I would be content with just a team sheet.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t buy a programme, so I am in the minority of fans who wouldn’t be bothered if they stopped selling them. Reducing the pages to cut costs sounds like a way to please fans; maybe the club should look for a smaller publisher?

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

I reckon programmes are a piece of history worth preserving, but the reason they’re dying around Notts is down to the quality of the paper itself, not so much what’s in it. Are Notts still being published by that company the club said was doing many of the Premier League’s? Like Southampton and such. That could be one reason costs have gone up.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

I think if the club wants to save time and cost further, the only other option is to consider a different printing company or go to important/big games or group 2-3 home games together depending on the time distance between them. For now, 30 pages seem like a good compromise.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I haven’t purchased a programme in years. They are still quite popular in American sports, but I think digital copies do outright sell physical copies. It’s a lot more profitable. Notts should look into this, as there are platforms where you can do it.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t buy them anymore; I borrow a friend’s and read the first few pages. The rest I skim, as it’s not often anything to do with Notts as such, just community bulletins which are of no general interest. This isn’t always the case, but I find the front to be excellent, the back to be useful, but the middle is just filler to my eyes. 30 pages of quality text, that is the way forward.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231

Programmes quickly become redundant and outdated, and the biggest issue is their cost. Fans don’t mind paying £3 for a big game, but the quality of the paper is often very thin. It doesn’t compare to that of many other clubs. I hope that with the programme expanding to 30 pages, the paper grade will improve.

• Like 1