The bond between Notts players, club, and fans

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There’s a special feeling around the club right now. The bond between the players, club, and fans is stronger than ever. It’s important for us to do well on the field, but it’s also important for us to enjoy the football. We can talk about key match moments and reflect on performances, but at the end of the day, we have a squad we’ve wanted for years. The club feels like we’re on the up. Games are exciting to attend because we’re making the stands echo with our support. It’s something the players appreciate.

Just how much are you enjoying Notts right now? What are your thoughts on our fans’ support at games this season? Let us know in the comments below!

• Like 17
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

its very important, we need to keep this connection because it does push the club forward. i dont know about previous seasons, but to hear our fans at sutton in person sing despite the scoreline it felt like we had reached a point where moving forward as one can help us get the results we want on the pitch. obviously there was nothing changing the outcome of the sutton game, but as luke williams said they used that hurt to drive them forward.

i hope the club keeps this up, as there is no doubt we fans will.

• Like 14

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I am feeling every bit involved and connected as a fan this season has amplified my love for our club. The unity showcased is not superficial, but deep-rooted, binding the players, the club, and us fans into one big Notts family. It's uplifting to see the mutual respect and camaraderie amongst us all.

• Like 17

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It's gratifying to see the club in a direction we've awaited for years. As supporters, we have a part to play in keeping the momentum going. Onward and upward!

• Like 12

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

The optimism in our chants is mirrored in the team's dynamic performances on the field. Such unity is infectious and truly boosts the team's morale. 

• Like 12

• Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

Neither side should consider this achievement as assured; it could dissolve as swiftly as it materialised. Sustaining this sense of unity will require mutual dedication. I believe its continuation is highly significant. Notts must treat their fans as integral to the club's identity, not just certain groups or overseas supporters, but everyone.

• Like 14

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Positivity takes precedence; negativity simply drains the vibrancy and casts a shadow over everything. I find it disheartening when we encounter challenging periods, since their inevitability is undeniable. This is precisely why I believe certain pessimistic individuals on social media should come to terms with our favourable standing. We shouldn't anticipate victory in every game; our achievements have been forged through diligent effort. In my years of supporting Notts, the connection between the fans and the club has never been stronger.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

There is indeed a different energy around the club. The player-fan connection is palpable and there's a sense that we're moving forward as one cohesive unit. Loving it!

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Two home games on the horizon, time to show the opposition what we're made of. The lads are high on spirit, and with the fans behind us, wins are on the cards.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

The connection should be cemented with strong adhesive and actively promoted by the club, as this will lead to increased sales of tickets, shirts, merchandise, and other items. It's something that skilled players will hear about and may be more inclined to consider when it comes to further strengthening the team. The challenge lies in avoiding taking it for granted. I hope Notts realizes that this can't be allowed to happen, as the positive atmosphere will naturally fade if it does. The promotion achieved last season provides reasonable grounds for this belief, as does the quality present within the squad.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  73

I couldn't agree more. The unity among the players, the club and us fans has infused a renewed vibrancy in the stands. It's a great feeling!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  282

Watching Notts play with such passion and seeing the palpable bond between the players and fans surely brings a certain kind of joy. This unity, the shared sentiment with every goal scored and every save made, magnifies what it means to be part of this wonderful club. As fans, we feel heard, valued and part of the Notts story.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  495

There's undoubtedly a special kind of magic watching our beloved Notts play now. It's not only about performance but also the spirit and unity that are evident. This strong connection involving the players, club, and us fans has significantly charged the atmosphere around us.

It's not merely about scoring goals; it's the collective roars that erupt from the stands when we do, and the evident camaraderie that lifts up the team when things aren't going as planned. It truly feels as though the relationship between the team and the fans has evolved, and we are genuinely part of the journey. Every ounce of passion, every cheer, and every song is not just about support but about being part of a family, part of Notts County.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I must admit the vocal support around the ground is gradually getting better even where I sit in the Pavis stand the fans are beginning to be more vocal in their support which is really pleasing. The real test is if this can be maintained when the team hit a rough patch which it’s inevitable we will, if the supporters can clap, cheer and sing when things are not so good as they did at Sutton this will spur the team on, that’s what support is all about.

You’ve only got to look across the river to realise how supporters can be the 12th man and carry the team across the line but of course it’s a two way thing, the team has to show they are giving everything which I know this squad is capable of.

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I was talking to a mate about this the other week. There's a special feeling amongst this group and the fans. Last season demonstrated that and it's good to see it's carried on into the new season. 

Luke Williams highlighted how much it means during his post match interview after the donny game. You could see how much it means to have such a great backing behind the team and it made him emotional just how much they support this group and are backing them all the way. 

There's a real good factor and I really hope it continues. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

When I was younger, the club certainly tried then to get the fans on board. I don’t know why it feels different now, maybe it’s because from the board to the players, everything feels so stable and that the club really is on the up. I think the Reedtz, Luke Williams and many of the main squad players have done fantastically well to relate to fans and get them involved. During games, we are seeing that connection evolve and it’s very impressive. At Doncaster, we didn’t stop singing and even when multiple parts chanted different songs, it just blended nicely together instead of being disruptive to the other.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1,096
  • Days Won:  2

I think we need to continue so that it flourishes. There is a lot of hype around the club, and it’s good for Notts. We are looking good, always growing, and the fans are a big part of that. I hope it continues!

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

It’s not like the Notts County I know, and it’s making supporting the club all the more enjoyable. I am still expecting something to go wrong and I don’t want it to happen. I am just used to good periods followed by negative ones. We had four good years in the National League, and so far in League Two, it’s been mostly positive. The connection between the club and fans needs to continue because it makes a big difference for Notts. It makes it enjoyable and it feels like everyone in attendance wants to see Notts do well. My only wish is that people on social media could be a bit more positive themselves.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Our fans sound like they’re of Premier League standard when teams are performing well. I couldn’t believe how loud they were during the Doncaster match, and to be fair, it’s been the same in every game. They’re very vocal, which is a great sign of respect and something that the club needs to continue to encourage.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  687

The relationship between the club and fans right now needs to be nurtured. It’s very important that the club and the media team understand this. I think Luke Williams and the players do, but it isn’t something that can be taken for granted. We have seen this under previous owners who lost interest once they had alienated the supporter base. I don’t think this will happen under the Reedtz watch, but I am mindful that the club may become used to it and therefore not encourage it in the same healthy way that we see right now. It makes Notts County feel even more special; it makes you appreciate that we are a family club.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  231

It’s been very good since we were promoted. The start of this season may have been disappointing, but our supporters are trying to keep the magic alive. Attending games at Meadow Lane is much more enjoyable because of it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Notts do have a good fan base that most stick by no matter what the result, yes theres some who moan when we lose but thats football. The bond between the fans and players has always been good.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The fans were amazing again yesterday and I know the players appreciate it the way they react at the end of the game. I noticed Chicksen came on to applaud the fans even though he was an unused sub and not involved as such. The bond is very good at the moment long may it continue.