Peterborough United

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sorry but I have to raise this as an issue. So Jack Marriott seems to be on his way to Derby County and the owner of Posh is coming under some right hammer on social media and the press. I think this is outrageous to say what business they've done in the summer. He must feel so hard done by the fans. He signs Millions of pounds worth of talent and gets this as a 'Thankyou' just because hes decided to cash in on Marriott and let him better his career. Posh have now become a talent factory in my opinion so it's only fair the owner lets Jack move on. So disappointed in the Posh fan base as i believe they should credit their owner more than they do and they're a good set of fans so it's sad to see. Thank god we have moved on from that phase!

• Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

Fans always moan when they lose their star player(s), most of them don't have deep pockets themselves like a good owner like Peterborough's.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Their squad has got a lot better this transfer window anyway. GK - Chapman, DF - Bennett, Yorwerth, Naismith, Denton, MF - O'Hara, Woodyard, Reed, Daniel, Dembele, King, Buckley-Ricketts, ST - Godden, Cummings

He's was going to move on anyway to be honest, they were fighting a losing battle to keep him

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Peterborough United always reinvest, so selling one of their main assets is a must for a club like them. Football fans are largely fickle, they're not Manchester United.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

They sign loads of players for good fees, it's not like they are just a selling club - they still have loads of good players.

Honestly I don't understand it.

I guess if he's a fan favourite it must hurt to lose them and, this could stem some sort of knee jerk reaction still - you have to be realistic. They can't afford to reject every good offer because their fans may cry about it. How pathetic, I guess they don't remember being a small club.

• Content Count:  888
  • Days Won:  1

Peterborough United fans should consider themselves lucky.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I imagine Steven Evans will want the money for January. 😂

I don't get why they are complaining, they have signed several good players in this transfer window. It just goes to show you can't please them all!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

peterborough always do the right kind of thing with signings and not allowing the departures to hold them back. they buy for their level and the one next, so i am not sure i understand either. besides, i think they did when they sold britt to forest.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Some fans are just ungrateful and have no appreciation for what there team dose especially when they are getting quality players. But that money has to come from some where ... unfortunately that was on place. He deserves more respect though than at the moment 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,810
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/posh-diary-leaving-for-big-money-may-not-be-right-move-1-2452689

£400,000 Dave Robinson to Notts County (1992) One of the greatest sales in Posh history as their superb centre-half in two successful promotion seasons was a spent force by the time Neil Warnock signed him for Notts County. A serious knee injury was the problem. Robinson made just a handful of appearances for County before retiring on medical grounds. Hit or Miss: Miss.

Probably contributed to Warnock losing his job...his judgment on players had deserted him

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Peterborough fans are like this, they expect to be signing everyone else's talent but cry when they have to do it.

There's no give or take with supporters like that.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Good money for the player IMO.

I think Peterborough should know by now they can pretty much sell and replace any player within their squad, only issue I see is if their fans remain negative. It spoils things for everyone when fans go all mardy over something which is only bound to happen.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Their chairman has allowed season ticket holders to attend a friendly for free! What more do they want?

Derby are reported to have paid around £5m for the player, just think what they could do with that type of money! The club spends more than a little every season, so you have to balance the books somehow.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

Players move on.

Peterborough United wouldn't be who they are now without them selling their players, if they stopped, I don't think they would be as good as they are with developing players so there's little to complain about. Name another League One striker that has sold for as much as 5 million.

• Content Count:  235

21 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

I'm sorry but I have to raise this as an issue. So Jack Marriott seems to be on his way to Derby County and the owner of Posh is coming under some right hammer on social media and the press. I think this is outrageous to say what business they've done in the summer. He must feel so hard done by the fans. He signs Millions of pounds worth of talent and gets this as a 'Thankyou' just because hes decided to cash in on Marriott and let him better his career. Posh have now become a talent factory in my opinion so it's only fair the owner lets Jack move on. So disappointed in the Posh fan base as i believe they should credit their owner more than they do and they're a good set of fans so it's sad to see. Thank god we have moved on from that phase!

Peterborough are exactly what you say, a football factory.

If I was a posh fan I would be feeling happy that the club received such an high payment for a player who has not proven himself at the level Derby play.

• Content Count:  285

Peterborough shouldn't ever be playing their trade in the Championship, if it wasn't for poaching everyone else's stars they would be a basement team where they belong.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

On 25/07/2018 at 20:17, samwatto2008 said:

He signs Millions of pounds worth of talent and gets this as a 'Thankyou' just because hes decided to cash in on Marriott and let him better his career.

This is typical football fans for you, they're fickle and don't see the bigger picture.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

I can understand the fans discontent but the money would have been too tempting to refuse.

Imagine if the chairman did, some fans would be saying how the money could have been spent. You can't win in football but after the dust settles I think they will understand.

Archived