New signing Will Randall

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

From the Notts website:

“We have completed the signing of wide player Will Randall on a two-year contract following his departure from Sutton United.

The 26-year-old has been one of the Londoners’ top performers since joining them in 2019, playing a key role in their promotion from the National League and helping them establish themselves in the EFL.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “Will is a player we tried to sign earlier this year, so we’re delighted to eventually bring him to Meadow Lane.

“He’s direct, an excellent set-piece taker and a goal threat who is comfortable on both flanks, while also having the qualities to cover the number-eight role.

“Importantly, Will is also very disciplined out of possession and is a great character who we think will add a lot to the squad.

“He’s known to Luke Williams and Ryan Harley from their time together at Swindon, so we’re very confident he’ll be a brilliant addition.”

It was at Swindon that Randall began his career, graduating from his hometown club’s academy and making several appearances for them in League One.

His potential was clear to see and, after rejecting a bid from AFC Bournemouth, Swindon sold the 18-year-old to Wolves in 2016.

He would go on to sign an extended contract at Molineux, playing for their development squads and picking up more experience with loans at Walsall, Forest Green Rovers and Spanish side FC Jumilla.

After leaving Wolves, he had a short spell with Newport County before joining Sutton ahead of the 2019-20 campaign.”

Replacement for Nemane?

• Like 14

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

he looks a good addition, it could be a replacement or further depth being added to our squad. i hope aaron nemane stays but i am excited about this new player.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
21 minutes ago, liampie said:

i hope aaron nemane stays

Me too fingers crossed eh?

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

Excellent player! He's a good capture by Notts, easily their best player and one who should fit in with Luke Williams tactics. It's a very exciting signing.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

That's a good, proper old-fashioned name. Will Randall. No idea if he's good at football though.

The only thing I know is that he was released from a Sutton team that didn't light the league up last season, despite being a regular and their joint top scorer. But maybe he wasn't interested in a new deal as a contract from Notts was in the offing?

He's a versatile player with experience of League Two, and LW knows him. I trust their judgement and hope we get the best out of him! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

This seems to be an excellent signing,whether a replacement or addition to first team squad.I'm beginning to feel a bit jealous

as there have been no additions to my team.I must remain patient !!!

• Like 9

The interview on the OS was quite illuminating. It sounds like it was effectively a done deal even before the season was finished. He says it was his decision to leave. And there's this:

"I’m right-footed and usually play on the left, coming inside to link up with the play or getting down the outside and crossing into the box."

To me that sounds like he's here to replace Taylor and provide competition for Chicksen, which was non-existent last season. So not necessarily a Nemane/Rodders replacement.

The few Sutton fans I've seen online do seem to rate him, albeit with caveats like "on his day". Let's see what magic the coaching staff can work on him. 

• Like 10

• Content Count:  101
  • Days Won:  0

I’m pleased with this signing. Randall is a solid player who can contribute to Notts in many ways. He has a good technique, a good pace and a good awareness that makes him a reliable and effective midfielder. He’s also a team player who can adapt to any system and role. He’s going to be a useful addition for us in the next two years.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

I’m very happy with this signing. Randall is a superb player who can improve Notts in every aspect. He has a great touch, a great shot and a great pass that makes him a versatile and creative midfielder. He’s also a fighter who can cope with any challenge and pressure.

• Like 12

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  11

4 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

That's a good, proper old-fashioned name. Will Randall. No idea if he's good at football though.

The only thing I know is that he was released from a Sutton team that didn't light the league up last season, despite being a regular and their joint top scorer. But maybe he wasn't interested in a new deal as a contract from Notts was in the offing?

He's a versatile player with experience of League Two, and LW knows him. I trust their judgement and hope we get the best out of him! 

Was he released, didn't they  want to keep him he said

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Never heard of him, but that isn’t a bad thing judging by a lot of our signings these last few years.

Looking at Tom Williams’ thread on twitter, he looks like something we need and will get the coaching needed to improve the areas he is weak on. 

Interesting that he is right footed but prefers to play on the left, whilst we also have JJ, who is left footed but prefers to play on the right. Can see them both being on the pitch and inter changing positions throughout a game.

Could be a Nemane, or a Ruben replacement on face value and could even signal a change of system dynamic if needed.

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,343

It’s a sensible acquisition. He has consistently performed well for Sutton and should integrate well with our playing style. Luke Williams has spoken favourably of him and Will Randall has commended Williams’ coaching. It seems like a prudent signing.

• Like 9

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

It seemed that they were talking to the players we have offered contracts to this week. So maybe Nemane has declined???? Hence the signing?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

He seems like a good signing but I expect someone like nemane to leave since we have signed somebody in his position.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  381

On paper, he seems like a good signing. I prefer to see how people perform before forming an opinion. Our recruitment is generally good, so as long as he fits in and works hard, it should be a mutually beneficial move.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

Will Randall appears to be a promising acquisition. Even at 26, he still has room for improvement. If he has pace and can take on players, then he’ll be a valuable addition to the team.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  903
  • Days Won:  3

I don’t know much about him; I can’t say I remember him from when we played against Sutton, but I have faith in our recruitment process. I don’t think Luke Williams would bring in a player who could be a gamble, so he seems to fit our recruitment policy.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Taking a player from the National League isn’t as risky as some people on social media seem to think. Sam Austin has been a good signing, and Will Randall will be too.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  102

Will Randall appears to be a sensible and decent signing. I will keep an eye on him during the pre-season and reserve judgement until at least halfway through the season. However, if he performs well, I won’t hesitate to comment on it. ;)

• Like 6

• Content Count:  874

I hope Will Randall turns out to be a huge success for us and fits into the existing setup as if he has always been a part of it. It seems we weren’t the only club interested in him, which is a positive sign.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  274

I hope Will Randall proves to be one of, if not the best signing of the upcoming season. However, I do hope we bring in more quality players as we need them. This is a good first signing, I feel.

• Like 4

Yes @4everapie, he says they did want to keep him (which is logical as he was a regular). I hadn't read the interview when I wrote my first comment. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

As Sutton's leading joint goal scorer, we can see that this player possesses the ability to score, making this signing an excellent addition which will align with Notts County's ambitions and facilitate progress in League Two. This development brings me great joy.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Days Won:  9

This has all the hallmarks of being a remarkable signing. Will Randall comes across as the type of player most teams want. He should fit in well with the existing group of players and potentially any new signings.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

I am happy with the signing of Will Randall. He sounds like a good lad and seems to have his head screwed on. With his talk of working with Luke Williams and coming here because of the project, it all sounds very promising.

• Like 3