PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,270
  • Days Won:  80

Game 6 - The Ravens (A)

Team: Bromley FC

Date: 14/09/2024

Where: Hayes Lane

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm really hoping that Notts can continue the current form, Bromley can be defensively good but are quite inconsistent at the moment. I think the approach has to be on recovering the ball and protecting Alex Bass.

I hope Jatta can at least make the bench, though David McGoldrick is in good form, which is hard to see him being replaced in the starting line-up.

Provided the back three consists of Jacob Bedaeu, Matty Platt and Lewis Macari I think we'll be solid. It would be nice to see Nick Tsaroulla more involved in the game. I think he balances his duties really well, but could make a difference out wide. I am really hoping that Jodi Jones can come back in, I don't think we need to rush Dan Crowley - I don't know if it's true that the pair had a "bug" or a "niggle" but I think Crowley could come on later in the game if he's feeling well enough.

The need to make changes isn't strong, so I would hope Stuart Maynard avoids making too many changes.

It's impressive just how settled the squad is looking, each game you can see further signs of this and how nice would it be to retain another clean sheet away from home? I think there's a strong element, not just from Bass to avoid conceding but the whole team.

• Like 3
  • Love 16

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think Notts has to start off strong and put the pressure instantly on Bromley, the game could easily fizzle out if we don't maintain the standards we have been seeing as of late. I would hope we avoid a game like Tranmere Rovers, which was a good starting point for us, but they are a team that Notts should be doing well against.

Callum Reynolds and Kamarl Grant will be two players from a defensive point our fans should keep an eye on.

If Kamarl Grant plays to his potential, then I can see @Piethagoram pointing him in a scouting dossier. He's on loan from Millwall, but is a very capable defender at this level, and he's only 21-years-old.

Their midfield is very hard-working, Corey Whiteley being one of their creative outlets.

I think we're robust enough to keep Michael Cheek quiet, but Marcus Dinanga could present some trouble. If we can avoid a scrappy game, where both teams keep in on the ground, and the ball flows then I think we stand strong in terms of getting a result.

• Like 13
  • Love 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  525
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t know much about Bromley since they moved up. They were a good National League team. I’m sure they have adapted to life in League Two. It would be great if Crawley and Jones are available for selection. This would be a big boost for the game, but our confidence must be high at the moment.

• Like 12
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

I would predict a win based on form. It is still early days, and at some point, a team will try to disrupt us. I don’t think the wheelbarrow will break, but I am cautious that a team like Bromley could cause a shock. I just want our lads to play well.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  7,458
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

If Notts play to their potential that they have demonstrated over their last three matches Notts should be too strong for Bromley.

Bromley have made a good start to their opening season in the football league, & like every side inthis division, should not be underestimated.

I agree that changes to the Notts should be minimum. There is nor rush to rush Crowley & Jones back if they are not quite ready.

Key areas will be our defence & midfield & I wouldn't see any changes there, unless Crowley is ready.

Didzy deserves to continue to lead the line, so I would expect Jatta to be on the subs bench.

Stuart can be confident of having a strong bench too, so all in all I'm hoping for a 2:1 win. A clean sheet would be great if we can achieve it.

• Like 3
  • Love 12

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Our away performances so far have been reasonable. The win against Swindon Town gave us the boost we needed. It would be ideal to get another win on the road, but I think this would require some key players to be 100% fit for selection. Players like Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones. I think the squad would be fine without them but much better with them. If we are to create scoring chances, we need to make sure our strikers aren’t fatigued or tired. I would definitely have David McGoldrick starting, but I am hopeful Jatta will make his return.

• Like 17

• Content Count:  618

I know it’s a cliché, but early goals often change games. If Notts can stay on top of Bromley, chances should come. We have a good chance to keep our momentum going. I’d respect a point, but I want us to go for the win.

• Like 12

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

It's great to see the positive anticipation for the upcoming match against Bromley. The team's current form is promising, and it's crucial to maintain pressure from the start. Players like Corey Whiteley and Marcus Dinanga could be key threats, but with a solid defense and midfield, we can aim for another clean sheet. It would be ideal to have Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones back, but the current squad is also showing great cohesion. Let's hope for an energetic performance and three points!

• Like 13
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  1,090

The build-up to the Bromley match is exciting. With the way we’ve been playing lately, a sharp start and a solid defence could set us up for a good result. Hopefully, we’ll see a strong performance and come away with all three points.

• Like 13

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347

A win would give a real sense that the season is about to get better. Bromley aren’t a side I would fear too much. I think on paper we are a much stronger team, but we have to play like it on the day. With the way the defence is improving, I don’t have any concerns about leaking goals. However, I do think away games will be key to any chance of promotion this season.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

I can see a team like Bromley wanting to put on their best performance against a side like ours, much like when we were in the National League and teams would see Meadow Lane as their cup final.

Whilst we have shown some great strides so far this season, we need to remain focused and switched on.

I think Bromley will cause more surprise than some fans might think. They have a good team that performs well and if allowed to play, they could punish Notts. If we control the game and have the ball, then breaking their defence might be hard. If they concede, then it would open up the game.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Hello Bromley, our old friend, we've come to play you once again.......

Our record against Bromley isn't very good. We've only beaten them once in 8 meetings. We've drawn 4 times. Bromley play a direct style of football. It hasn't changed much since we last played them. 

Notts are playing with confidence. Bromley will fancy their chances at home. It has the makings of an exciting game. I think Notts will win the game. 1-0 I reckon. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

I wasn’t able to get a ticket for the game, although I had made plans to attend. So, I have a free weekend now. I am not that bothered, but I think Bromley should have allocated more seats to bring in extra revenue from our fans.

I hope that Notts can show more improvements away from home. The Swindon win was pleasing and well-deserved, but the home games so far have been much more polished performances from the team.

I assume Bromley will want to make it hard work for Notts, so they may commit bodies behind the ball. It would be nice to see David McGoldrick’s form continue. It would also be pleasing to see Matt Palmer make his full return, along with Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones. It’s a must-win game to keep morale high and hope alive amongst the fans.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Six games in, Notts are looking strong. I’m mindful that we started strongly last season, but I think the squad’s depth will help keep players match-sharp and fit, so nobody ends up being overplayed. I’m sure Stuart Maynard will have pondered what his starting lineup should be. A good week in training and the attitude to start well on the day, fingers crossed Notts will get off to a flying start.

• Like 4
  • Love 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

the thing about if bromley sit behind the ball, then we need to be smarter and draw them out. work rate, i am sure the players will put a shift in and i dont underestimate any team, but i think we have a good chance to continue our form. pressure will be on us to maintain it, but they wont want to lose and will need to play some of the best food against us to make the game more favourable for them.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  7,458
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is good news for a Friday before the match against Bromley on Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

That is indeed good news. Bromley have always been a bit of a bogey team to Notts. So hoping with our new defense we can give them a shock. COYP

• Like 13

• Content Count:  493

I think Notts will do fine. Away from home, we have needed to see more improvements in how we play, but this should start to come. Bromley would regret being defensive, I feel. Bradford City destroyed them when they thought they could sit back. Notts won’t have it easy, but we do have players who can get the goals needed.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

• Content Count:  372

A good performance would be nice, but I am more interested in getting those points on the table. I want the players to feel they are heading in the right direction. Bromley will want to show they are good enough to compete with Notts, so it could be a tough game where our lads will have to dig deep.

I agree, we have the quality to make the result go our way. I just want to see Notts defend like they have been, without conceding. That would be a confidence boost for everyone.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  569

Bromley might be defensive, but if Notts can overload them and find the space to exploit any chances, it would be a mistake for Bromley. They need to attack with caution and work as a team, which is the approach I think Notts will take until they have felt the opposition out.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  210

Many think Bromley might make it difficult, with their pitch not being the best. I do wonder if Notts will be able to play their usual game or need to revert to something more in the air. I think our strongest squad has what it takes. It’s good to know we have Jatta, Crowley, and Jones all back.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  187

It’s a bit of a guessing game right now, but I hope Notts can show me we can win these kinds of matches, which would give me more confidence in Stuart Maynard. We need to aim for the best finish possible, so games like this will be a real eye-opener. If it ends in a draw, it wouldn’t be the worst result.

• Like 8

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

We always had close games against Bromley in the NL, but we never won there. The artificial pitch has gone now so that slight advantage has been levelled and I think we're more adapt to playing against the physical sides with our new recruits. Bromley's style won't have changed and Stuart Maynard and co will have faced them in the NL numerous times too so they'll know what to expect. 

I'll happily take a game playing against them when Cheek doesn't score, cos that seemed to regularly happen!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

We are much improved since our last match, with higher quality in our play, but this won't matter if we don't perform well or reach our full potential. They have many of the same players, so we could review past games, which I’m sure the club has done using Football League footage. We are now at the same level, so both teams will be closely matched and will aim for the best result. I believe we should do well, or at least I hope so. A draw wouldn’t be too bad, but I’d be happier if we can push for a win without conceding or losing.

• Like 5
  • Love 3