Club up for sale

ARLukomski

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

The circus that is Notts County FC is in full swing again. We never get a break do we? Even after having a good patch last season, total implode is never far away.

I can't help but feel that the fat lady is singing. Too many times have we scraped by and avoided non-league, this season is the one where we won't. If we enter administration, you have to think it's game up for us.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This is the best decision for us in the long run.

He mentions that our poor performance is not for want of investment. This is true, but it still doesn't reflect well on him. Under the last two owners we have developed a culture of throwing money at our problems and squad. The result has been players who didn't join us for the right reasons, overspending, underperformance on the pitch and ultimately our current league position.

• Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

At least we wont have to see his inappropriate pics on social media anymore. We'll have to wait and see what comes out it but we all thought he was right for the job at first and now hes out of his depth.

The big question is, how long is it going to take him to find a buyer?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Alan Hardy has reached the point he has to step down, so selling the club is in the best interest.

Sharing stupid images isn't something I can class personally as a mistake, the mistake was to take the picture not share it. None of Twitter or his followers needed to see it, it makes me feel those who bang on about his arrogance and 'love of himself' are correct. It's incredibly disappointing because he could have achieved good things if he hadn't let it all go to his head. However, it's the right decision.

I just hope he accepts any reasonable offers and only does to someone who would lead the club forward.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

foolish behaviour by alan hardy, he just keeps making mistakes and selling up will hopefully allow the club to be better ran. please can we have a new owner that is not like the previous two please?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

He won't sell quickly, not with the club rooted to the bottom of the league but I do wonder if the club will start to improve once the man is gone? I still feel this decision is an effort to make it all about himself at a time he should be trying to breed confidence and lift into the club.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

At least once he sells up he won't act like a poisoned dwarf on social media.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Good decision in the long run. His time was up and it's been common knowledge for a while that he was looking to sell the club but never official. He got too involved with the footballing affairs. Numerous pieces of evidence to support this. Example, Him making a video on Boldewijn signing creating a hashtag GameChanger. You don't see other owners doing this.

Too involved on social media. All club news should be reported through the appropriate channels, website, club twitter etc.

All of this is his own doing. But on wards for the club now. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

Can express how pleased I was to read this last night. The man is a complete clown and I basically was debating as to whether I wanted to watch Notts anymore with him in charge. Now I'm just hoping that we can find the "Right" type of owner in a similar vein to Radford who can rebuild us and bring us back up from the National league.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

I have supported Alan Hardy all along on his ambition for the club. I don’t care if it was self motivated, he was investing in the manager’s assumed knowledge and professionalism. However the recent twitter debacle has really left him nowhere to go from here, he and the club will be the butt of every derogatory comment until he leaves. The problem is, no one will want to buy the club until it’s league status is decided and that leaves us in limbo until then. 

We have been in precarious positions before but this time it is not just a mountain to climb, we are being left with very little equipment to begin the ascent. The only positive is we have a manager who knows the route; whether he can find the path again is in the lap of the gods. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Just hope its true that he's been in talks with a potential buyer, since before Christmas. I hope hes got more respect for the fans, than to lie to us. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

The club needs someone who will allow the staff to run the club and they just oversee that everything is running smoothly, oh and bankroll it.

We need someone sees it as more than a money making business, because really isn't what a lower league club is. It takes alot of investment and input but if they get it wrong, its like being a celebrity, everyones on their back.

• Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

The club seemed to be healthy with knowledgeable people advising Alan Hardy and him listening, this season he has appeared to have gone rogue or believed he could do it all himself.

It's in the clubs best interest for him to sell up and go.

1 hour ago, lambleypie said:

The club seemed to be healthy with knowledgeable people advising Alan Hardy and him listening, this season he has appeared to have gone rogue or believed he could do it all himself.

It's in the clubs best interest for him to sell up and go.

Thats the main problem, he seems to think he can take over everything and post all club news as just his.

• Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  0

That tweet is enough to be anyone's final straw, as a family club he had to step down and look to sell the club. Question is, did he do it for an excuse to sell?

44 minutes ago, themightymagpies said:

That tweet is enough to be anyone's final straw, as a family club he had to step down and look to sell the club. Question is, did he do it for an excuse to sell?

Thats a possibility but hes not exactly been a proffesional owner for while now.

Alan Hardy doesnt have the ability to keep his mouth shut or his trousers for that matter, seen as he doesn't act like a proffesional... Why would we want him in charge.

• Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

New change of direction might be best for all parties involved.

I don't knock what Alan Hardy has done or attempted for the club, he has always seemed like a genuine guy who wanted the best for Notts County.

Hes losing too much money in the club which is partly down to a football club being expensive and partly down to the way its being run. I can see why he wants to sell but his antics on social media arn't going to help.

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

I have no issues with Alan Hardy, I think some fans have set themselves up to cause him trouble and your living day to day under fire you will make mistakes. Appoint football minded people, step back and just access.

Unless a solid buyer is there.

Archived