Match Discussion: FA Trophy - The Glovers (A)

PON_News

FA Trophy - The Glovers (A)

Team: Yeovil Town

Date: 08/02/2020

Where: Huish Park

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

I'll wait and see the team sheet, but at least its not a league game.

its the fa trophy, i am not as bothered but beating yeovil would be a good thing.

i just more focus on the league myself.

Whatever happens, it happens.

It wouldn't be a loss at all if Notts went out but winning could breed confidence, or provide a distraction. It all depends. I can see Notts winning 1-0.

It’s easy to say focus on the league, but doing well in a cup can build excitement and anticipation. Winning does breed confidence, so I hope Notts wins at this stage.

@NottsTastic yes it does but most dont think about it that way.

I wonder how many will bother to attend the game, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean a lot but winning is important. I just hope Neal Ardley doesn't experience any further injury setbacks.

Notts are progressing nicely so far, it's a cup and winning games helps.

I feel the main benefit is to the squad rotation, as it gives them game time. I know we tend to field quite a strong squad, but there has been fringe players included. Beating Yeovil might help the players believe we can push on.

I'm not sure about the score prediction as of yet, but I think it could be quite open.

I'm hoping Notts don't get distracted but beat Yeovil, its something that can give the club something to look forward too.

2-1 Notts win.

How Yeovil aren't level by now I will never know, Notts are doing okay but seem to be riding their luck.

The referee sounds like he's being targeted by the Yeovil players, he seems to have handled this type of situation well but is issuing way too many cards. No control of the game.

It looks like Yeovil are taking the game far too serioulsly.

Notts needs to be careful.

Good result in the end, well done notts!

9 men win! against 11 dirty, cheating thugs.

Highlight for me was Kyle Wootton mugging Carl Dickinson off, if his pass had of gone in it would have been amazing. 2-1 win, we'll take that!

First win at Yeovil in 15 years apparently! I think I would have been frustrated had I been a Yeovil fan today!

Ref sounded like he had a bit of a nightmare, and never got hold of the game. Could’ve been a red for Lee, Thomas’ red sounded soft and then he bottled giving a pen for Yeovil.

Still credit to the team today, tough game and they’ve gone and grinded out a great result.

Que sera sera and all that…

The referee did have a nightmare, but he somewhat improved in the second half.

Yeovil played quite poorly.

They focused more on being underhanded than any signs of playing football. I am pleased Notts managed to hold onto the win, Kyle Wootton did immensely well when he came on.

Sounds like it was quite the afternoon's entertainment, looking forward to seeing the highlights. How did the new keeper look?

I missed the game due to having other arrangements, I think it shows that the squad can do well with the right approach to a game. The mentality leading in plays a vital role in what happens on the pitch.

It sounds like Jim O'Brien did well as the captain.

I am tempted to subscribe to the Piesplayer but I am unsure if I would be able to benefit from radio coverage.

I watch the updates via Twitter but it's incredibly slow for a site that prides itself on being "quick". It's hard to get into matches, yet I read a lot and the jist I got was the Yeovil wanted to play a bit undermining but Notts prevailed.

Winning a game with only 9 men on the pitch shows a lot of character, it's a good result.