Sunderland to send players to Notts County on loan?

PON_News

From Sunderland Echo:

Benji Kimpioka could still leave Sunderland on loan – with Notts County emerging as a possible option for some of the club’s younger players to gain first team experience.

Sunderland are open to the youngster heading out on loan in a bid to aid his development and there is still the possibility he could leave the Stadium of Light, with National League clubs able to sign loan players until a cut-off date in March.

Non-league would be the most likely move, however it’s understood there is nothing in the pipeline at the moment.

It comes as Sunderland’s non-executive director Tom Sloanes, speaking on the Veterans in Crisis podcast, suggested Notts County as one possible destination for some younger players.

No specific players were mentioned but he said: “A friend of mine has actually bought Notts County. Bally [Kevin Ball] looks after the young kids and things like that, so I’m going to put him in touch after the transfer window because they don’t have a deadline.

“So if Kevin has a couple of lads that he wants to get out because Kevin wants to see the young lads playing football.”

what like them becoming our feeder club?

i dont know, it could be of benefit but i dont think there is much needed for signing any further players. it took ardley awhile to figure we wanted graham but was quick to recall bird and then sign lacey.

Another winger/striker?

He looks to have plenty of pace but this would really freeze out Sam Osborne which would be very harsh. I don't think a winger is needed at this stage, we have Cal Roberts, if anyone would be to arrive - I think it should be in the centre of midfield. Yet, again I really don't think we need any more players because there's cover. Talk about deflating the squad after a very good local derby win (which was unexpected).

If Neal Ardley keeps talking about transfers and, signing players on loan it just seems polluted.

I understand the need for potential cover if injuries do happen, but surely the focus should be on getting people back to 100%?

I'm not against it, I just feel there's a risk of splitting hairs and causing issues which Ardley seems to be addressing - with the loaning out of Matt Tootle and Ross Fitzsimons. Two players who have spoken about wanting to feature more often.

It’s encouraging that a club like Sunderland could loan us players ..... as long as they are better than what we have. We fell short in the playoff season because we brought in substandard loans. Sunderland are looking for first team places for their players and I don’t see U23 players being right for a promotion push.

I think it's something Neal needs to be mindful about, we don't want to fuse out and fall out of the playoffs.

If any potential signings can offer Notts something in addition, to being happy to start based on form then it could be a good thing. Being linked with a winger after signing Callum Roberts and seeing Enzio lift himself does seem a bit weird.

I’m not against the idea, I think loan players are great way of getting players that we could only dream of signing permanently. Grealish, McGregor, Grant, Bola, Yates and Stubbs being the most recent crop.

I just think wouldn’t it be easier to do something like this with Leicester, Derby or Forest? These clubs are so close it would seem stupid not too. Assuming they were interested, it would be much easier for the potential players as they wouldn’t need to worry about travel/accommodation.

On 07/02/2020 at 21:49, Blink1862 said:

Sunderland aren't exactly a ground breaking club for producing youth players, we'll end up with the players nobody else wants to loan. It might start off promising but it will end up in this manner in my opinion.

Best to avoid it.

This. Treat it with a pinch of salt as apart from the odd player I cannot see Sunderland ever producing a conveyor belt of talent, they are just not known for it.

There are bigger clubs with more young talent nearer to home.

On 10/02/2020 at 12:26, Fozzy said:

This. Treat it with a pinch of salt as apart from the odd player I cannot see Sunderland ever producing a conveyor belt of talent, they are just not known for it.

There are bigger clubs with more young talent nearer to home.

Our own talent would be a better investment in time and money, Sunderland might have a better coaching system but I doubt they have a lot of young players that much better than the academy here at Notts.

Archived