Langstaff...top flight interest?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-county-face-fight-keep-29979118

If there was, Notts would be looking for £10m+.... 

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would price Macaulay Langstaff around the £2m mark realistically, if I wanted to fleece a Premier League team that was desperate to sign him. Then £10m would be the first quote I would pitch, either hoping it would throw them off or that they would come back with their own offer.

Personally, I would hope that we can hold onto him for at least another season. I know he's settled and committed to the club, so any offers would be more considered by the board or if it was a team like Middlesborough.

We have quite a few players that could be sold and replaced with some of the money from that, but I would encourage Notts to try and keep the majority of this squad together.

Hopefully, we start to learn about contract renewals soon.

• Like 10

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Even if just for one more season, I would love Macca to stay.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs are going to come knocking, there's a lot of attention on him after this season. I think if he were to leave, we'd get a decent fee for him but it has to be 2.5m+. I'd suspect Championship level would take him. 

Neil Warnock said on the Magpie Circle that he'd have him at Huddersfield if he could and that he's a striker well suited to that level. 

If he was to leave, as much as it would be devastating, I think we'd get a decent fee and I'm confident in the management team and the owners to find a well capable replacement or another to step up and be counted. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure there are a lot of clubs in the EFL that are interested, how many could realistically afford him I don’t know, top end L1 clubs is probably the best starting point.

I can’t imagine the club have a set fee depending on what division a club is in. They’ll have a price for him and if that is met, and the player wants to go there’s not much we can do.

I don’t think he’ll move on though, we’ve got no pressure to sell him and Luke Williams talks a lot about this just being the start of a journey. He seems very happy and settled here too.

And I just wonder if Championship clubs will wait to see how he fairs in league 2 before potentially bidding as I still think signing Langstaff would be a big risk for them given the highest level of football he’s played is step 5.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Personally I think he's on his way and it's a done deal. He recently did an interview where he said he'd "always remember" the club and the fans, which is a strange way to talk about a club you're looking to go into next season with.

If I'm wrong, great. Fingers crossed he does stay and we can enjoy watching him next season. There's always a chance that teams higher up see him as an expensive risk, especially with plenty of other options available on free transfers. But if he does go, it's not the end of the world. He turns 27 next season, which will be his first in League football, so you couldn't blame him for wanting to play in the Championship. In that case it'll be thanks for the memories, thanks for the goals - we'll still have Scott, who's more than capable of leading the line, plus a hefty wad of cash to strengthen the squad.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i think macaulay langstaff will be here for another season, hes a good striker and i think clubs may just track him for another year. that said it just takes one club to put in a bid to activate a bidding war.

there are plenty of teams that would most likely cough up £2m.

will any offer more? its unlikely but middlesbrough are a team that in the past do shell out money to get their targets. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

Macaulay Langstaff is ours and he’s not going anywhere. I believe Notts will get another season out of the striker. I think he’ll have a more modest goal tally in League Two but still high for where we are - at least 20 goals, easily!

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Hopefully, Macaulay Langstaff will give Notts a chance. Clubs should still be interested in him and testing himself in League Two could be a smart move in the long run. So many footballers just move for the sake of it, but when you find a team like Notts, settling down for at least a season or two is a wise decision. But then again, I might be a little biased.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I think ML will stay for at least another season. I can see him scoring 20 plus goals in L2.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I hope Notts won't lose Macaulay Langstaff like they did with Kyle Wootton or other potentially valuable free agents.

The funds will be reinvested in the squad. I hope we get another season out of him and enjoy what he brings. If promotion happens, great; if not, the club should sell to the highest bidder. We will need funds to move forward unless the Reedtz are happy to keep investing themselves.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

If he leaves, I hope we receive a six-figure fee for him. He's been incredible, so I really hope he stays.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

In regards to Macaulay Langstaff, I don’t believe he will leave. Chris has been expressing this opinion for some time now and I find myself increasingly in agreement with him. I believe that both the club and Langstaff could rise through the leagues

If we strengthen our team effectively. It’s crucial that we maintain our support base, so the club needs to focus on this area. If they do decide to sell Langstaff, we need to ensure that we receive the highest possible fee. I wouldn’t mind if Gatehead had a sell-on clause, as long as we don’t lose out in the end.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  2

As for Macaulay Langstaff, it’s difficult to say whether he will leave or not. He may have settled down with Notts and be content to stay. Only time will tell. I hope that we can get at least a few more seasons out of him before he moves on.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  102

I really don’t want Macaulay Langstaff to leave just yet. I believe he still has more records to break - records that only he seems capable of breaking! He truly is an exceptional player. Let’s hope that he decides to stay and that any bids for him fall short of the club’s expectations.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  274

Top-flight clubs have taken notice of Macaulay Langstaff’s outstanding performances. It would be a tremendous advantage for us to retain him for our first season.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  278
  • Days Won:  1

In light of the interest from top tier clubs in Macaulay Langstaff, it’s essential that the club demands a high transfer fee if they choose to sell him. This would ensure that we are adequately compensated for losing such an important player.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  140

Keeping Macaulay Langstaff in our team for our first season back in League Two is a must, despite interest from clubs above us. He would significantly bolster our squad. The club should demand a high selling price that reflects his worth and contribution to the team in hopes that its either met or rejected.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t see Macaulay Langstaff going anywhere yet. Clubs may be scouting him, but I hope that doesn’t put pressure on him. He just needs to play his game and not worry about his future - he’s in control of that.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

If he departs, we will receive a substantial fee for his services. Macaulay Langstaff is aware that he has a good opportunity here. He’s a fantastic player and will only improve, but another season will demonstrate a lot to clubs. Consistency is crucial, and I don’t believe he will be leaving anytime soon.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

If there was serious interest in Macaulay Langstaff, I imagine the Nottingham Post would have reported on it. It’s more likely that clubs are scouting him and considering making an offer. Once one bid comes in, it could trigger a bidding war. Wouldn’t that be great?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  61

I don’t believe Macaulay Langstaff will be leaving anytime soon. I think it’s just people trying to scaremonger and deceive others in order to get clicks. While I don’t doubt that there is serious interest in him, I do doubt that anyone is close to making an offer for him.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Selling Langstaff following the previous season would undoubtedly be a significant blunder, regardless of the potential transfer fee. Although finding a replacement for Wootton appeared challenging, the team eventually managed to overcome it. However, parting ways with their star forward after achieving promotion could lead to a disheartened squad and a highly detrimental atmosphere.