can neal ardley make do with this notts squad?

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

can neal ardley make do with this notts squad?

or does he need to go out and make signings to fill the gaps that nobody seems to grasp?

my personal opinion is that we could make do and rebuild at the end of the season, i think the squad is good enough. they just need confidence and to enjoy their football. winning makes a huge difference as we saw after having 3 victories in a row. i just feel signing additional players will be creating more issues long term.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

I think there is enough time to assess this until the January window opens.

Neal Ardley may feel more supported if he brings in one or two players who he knows well, he might not sign anyone as it could impact next seasons budget. I think we do need someone but at same time I think there's enough quality to cope.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think he can and will probably try to do this.

I can see one or two changes being made which corrects the lack of faith shown by Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell in certain players, I think Neil Ardley will see that Notts have the players to play good football, it's about structure and balance within the duties. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we was actually one of the unfittest clubs in League Two.

I think January will be quiet and until a clear decision is made about how to more forward.

If Ardley goes out and signs 2-3 players I would be surprised unless a few of our current squad departs.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  908
  • Days Won:  3

He wouldn't be the right man for the role if he couldn't work with the current players, I hope he does this well and I feel he's the right person. I think as a last resort the club may dip into the market.

Anything before that would have to a be quality signing but I think the chances are slim.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think this is a very capable squad when watching them I feel there is more that can be brought out in them. But certain players will be dropped and things changed players need to role with the changes and except them I think Neal will find this and bring it out in them.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

It is a capable team. There is goals in the team. The midfield is the major problem. It just gets walked through all the time. The defence must feel like a boxer without a boxing glove. It's like they are repeatedly getting punched in the face with no protection. We need to go back to basics and the team needs structure 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

There are enough players!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We have some players with enough experience, but he just needs to utilise their abilities and positions they play in, unlike the managers before him.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

3 hours ago, ivansneck said:

There are enough players!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fair question if the quality is there why so many fringe players unable to get a game?

I hope Neal Ardley can make do, I really think he has to try but if one or two additions are required so bed it.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

We have all seen glimpses of what the current squad are capable of but for some reason they have been unable to sustain any level of quality. 

At last we have a proper manager who should be able to get them organised and playing with enough quality to get us to a safe position in the league.

I can’t see us being able to offload anyone other than the loan players and if by Christmas he can assemble a settled team we should be able to get through to May without having to spend more.

I think he could manage with them, if he can get them playing to their potential.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, it's all down to personal preference.

I feel the squad needs a couple of new faces but I realise the budget is most likely blown by now.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I feel Neal Ardley could make do but only if he and the players push themselves, if he falls into the trap of selecting players based on experience or the fact they earn more than others I feel it could lead to him splashing out in the market if Alan Hardy can afford it.

If he creates competition and rewards the right players he should be fine.

The squads good enough for this league.

• Content Count:  884

I do think the squad could do with 2 or 3 players, with some being released or allowed to leave on a free.

However, I think it's best if Neal Ardley attempts to use the players at his disposal. If he can man manage and give instructions from the stands he could sort a lot of the issues out.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

As @ivansneck says, the midfield is the major problem and we just cannot carry on letting the opposition have twenty plus shots every game. We need a solid defensive midfielder to beak up the play, we can probably get by in all the other departments (although I still would like the keeper replaced) until the summer. Without the midfield being resolved we will definitely be playing non league football next season.

He will have to manage for now because he won't be allowed to just bring players in at the moment.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  633

I think Neal Ardley and Neil Cox should be able to work with the existing players.

I think bringing in additional players could be a risky move considering how many players are here already, avoiding a FFP fine would be paramount right now.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

Only time will tell, I hope so because there's good players here.

They have to start playing like a good team and believe in themselves.

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Fozzy said:

As @ivansneck says, the midfield is the major problem and we just cannot carry on letting the opposition have twenty plus shots every game. We need a solid defensive midfielder to beak up the play, we can probably get by in all the other departments (although I still would like the keeper replaced) until the summer. Without the midfield being resolved we will definitely be playing non league football next season.

Can this not be worked on in training and lifted with actual tactics or confidence?

The midfield seems good to me on paper.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

37 minutes ago, CTID PIE said:

Can this not be worked on in training and lifted with actual tactics or confidence?

The midfield seems good to me on paper.

Doubtful as non of the current midfield are authoritative enough.

• Content Count:  1,099
  • Days Won:  2

I think he will make two signings but I think it wont include any midfielders, I see a striker and keeper coming in.

Notts never signs what is needed.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have no idea.

I would have assumed he can't spend a lot if there is any budget remaining and I think preparation for next season should start now. Sign up the better players, get them focused and believing in a system that can be successful.

• Content Count:  534

No, I think some movement might happen in the loan market.

It wouldn't surprise me if both Ben Hall and Rob Milsom return to their parent clubs, hopefully Milsom doesn't sign for Notts permanently because he's reminding us now as to why he was released.

2 hours ago, TM1993 said:

No, I think some movement might happen in the loan market.

It wouldn't surprise me if both Ben Hall and Rob Milsom return to their parent clubs, hopefully Milsom doesn't sign for Notts permanently because he's reminding us now as to why he was released.

We never really know if Milsoms problems are partly just like the rest of the players at the moment, not playing to their potential... under the right guidance most players will do much better. Obviously we can't say its going to happen for difinate because for him it may just be a downwards spiral.

Archived