Match Discussion: Game 14 - The Coasters (H)

PON_News

Game 14 - The Coasters (H)

Team: AFC Fylde

Date: 28/09/19

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

think meadow lane should see around 12-13k.

will hopefully be higher than most league two clubs.

i think the game itself will be tricky, the players need to keep working hard and just create. its easier said than done, yet will all the support i would not want them to become nervous or complacent. need to work hard.

Momentum is a little all over the place at the moment, they perform well most of the time the results come. I am just hoping that Notts can keep a clean sheet in this game, it's important building on from it.

A win would be a bonus.

Supporter+

Fylde are doing pretty well at the moment. Won their last 2. They have almost an identical record to Notts. They have 4 wins and 4 defeats. They are a decent side and will cause problems but Notts should be winning this game. 3-2 to Notts I reckon. 

Decent team highlighted by their achievements last season, it's a shame they missed out on promotion but it will be a good idea what we have as a squad. If we perform well, getting a good result in the process it could change the season.

Back-to-back wins would be good.

It could start a run but defensively, we have to be spot on and respect them as a team, COYP!

If the performance is there, all the fans who attend should go home happy. I am hoping they do, as high crowds are normally a potential banner skin for the club.

I hope the players perform, it's been touted as pay back for our support and this means Notts needs to put on a good display. Losing badly wouldn't be a good way to say thank you.

So, DO IT NOTTS! Let's do it right for once.

Good result from this time even with some injuries.

It was a solid result in terms of Notts digging deep and doing what must in order to keep them at bay.

First half, I felt they were very poor.

A livelier Notts could have finished the game here, if best chances had been created, but as a whole I thought it was good enough. Some fans suggested to me, that in their opinion, it stunk, yet winning football games is the only thing I feel that matters - then you can win them well with confidence high.

A real highlight was the slick movement and passing of Kyle Wootton to create chances for Wes Thomas to get in behind the last defender.

This was smart football, and whilst I think Wootton should attempt to narrow down some of the gap by pressuring defenders - I do see why Neal Ardley wanted him. This type of neat play can see a partnership form, I think all three of the strikers in Thomas, Nathan Tyson and Kristian Dennis can benefit from this. Honestly, all it takes is a bit more movement - this type of quick thinking is hard to master and Wootton shows us right now he's got it.

The final 45 minutes, well Notts just did what they needed to.

It wasn't pretty, nor the best football and for the most part AFC Flyde had us under the cosh.

They never seemed likely to score, Sam Slocombe did make some wonderful saves, but that's the confidence in which he gives. It was a decent game, which shows how the job can be finished if we take the chances created and limit the opposition at the back.

Final thoughts, how comedic was the referee who became injured falling over. 🤣

I think the only reason he went off was due to his pride being hurt, you think footballers play act about injuries - well this ref seems to have written the text book.

• Like 3

it was a good performance for the turnout, notts always struggles to play flowing football but despite a few moans where i watch the game from, i did feel it was quite entertaining.

both teams attacked, they had some good chances.

i thought they were wasteful on goal. their manager has took to complaining about things such as a penalty which could have been given, yet his team did not time what they did create. the back to back wins are important, it builds morale and confidence, eases some of the pressure too. that is what i take from the game!

Good grafting win by Notts, thought the game was controlled well with some excellent build up play.

I think the performance deserved victory, the chances Notts created was very good and they played well in the first half I feel. It's hard to push back a team keen to level the game, AFC Flyde came out more determined and brighter. Good game with some silly things, such as the referee and announcement asking for qualified officials.

• Like 1

End to end game which had chances for both teams, a different type of quality in my eyes. Notts looked fitter and more organised, AFC Flyde struggled to adjust to the Notts formation early on and adapted well after re-starting the game.

A deserved win for Notts I feel.

• Like 1

Well taken goals, in otherwise what could have been a goalless draw.

Vital victory for Notts at this stage.

• Like 1

It sounds like we didn't play all that well and certainly didn't have it all our way, but scored at the right times and won anyway. That's encouraging in my book. Plus there's the emergence of Sam Osborne, who nearly scored again with a belter of a shot.

A crowd of 9000 is slightly disappointing given the prices, but I suppose the National League is a hard sell. We'll get five figures when promotion is at stake and not before. If the usual 5000 plus keep the faith, it'll go a long way towards getting the club back where it belongs.

• Like 1

In almost all of the previous games when we should/could have won but only drew, others we should/could have drawn but lost, at last we maybe didn’t play well in this one but won !! A fantastic 3 points and signs that partnerships and understanding is developing. No complaints from me ......

Why are they called the Coasters? Is it because their badge looks a bit like a coaster?

It was pleasing to see a clean sheet, I felt AFC Flyde did well in the second half.

They came out much brighter than Notts, but the difference was in the chances created. They struggled to hit the target, and Sam Slocombe did very well to deny a couple of wonderful efforts.

A good performance would show signs that the clubs adjusting well after being written off, I think after last season the new signings have arrived wanting to prove a point and the club finally has a squad now.

I would just like to see Notts attack the wider areas of the pitch.

If Enzio doesn't improve, he needs dropping. You can't justify having a player who can have one magical moment, or scores a worldly goal over someone who can assist for longer. It's getting to the point where he does need to shine, I hope this is proven wrong but he's one I don't think deserves to start.

Watch him score now!

It will be a good trip, long but enjoyable for those that can make it.

3 wins in a row would be a big step up, I am expecting a draw but its good to see Notts doing better.

I'm hoping Dion Kelly-Evans and Nathan Tyson are available to return.

These two gives Notts a lot of attacking options, plus pace. Dover will be expecting us to go for it, so they might counteract this by defensive. It could be a scrappy sort of game.