Lifeline Ground Tours

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It's a brilliant idea, Lifeline has done some incredible work over the last few seasons and the scheme has assisted with making it easier for the new owners.

However, early season ticket purchases ended up being shafted last season.

The same thing happened this year, those who purchased early despite the uncertainty haven't been given any reward for their loyalty. Whilst the club yet again offered the cheaper prices for longer because naturally they struggled to convince people to come on board [Hardy, would there be a club?].

Where's the faith show to these? I understand the focus of Lifeline, it's deserved but the club forgets about those who are at the root of this club.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/half-term-ground-tour-170220/

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I agree, but I do think Lifeline deserves a lot of thanks.

This type of thing would only appeal to young fans, those with families and fans who haven't seen the ground.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Of course, I get that.

Does the club not think those that have renewed unconditionally deserve some form of reward?

This is to reward Lifeline and the work involved with that, without season ticket holders the club nor Lifeline would exist. Yes, I get that the club wants to push people towards signing up to Lifeline so further good work can be done. Yet they have and do neglect fans who renew at the early price, as soon as they go on sale.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  528
  • Days Won:  1

I feel Lifeline deserves the focus at the moment, I don't disagree that the club goes back on the early bird purchases far too often.

At the same time, I think fans can be patient to remind the club.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm sure the staff are pretty limited about what they can do, yet I think at some point the club will make it up to those who renew early.

A few years ago, they did this with the "bench" scheme.

Not all managed to get booked due to the demand, but it's happened. I'm not that bothered, it does get a bit annoying at times but I don't support Notts for these types of things. I don't renew for extras, but it is annoying how Alan Hardy made false promises last season at various events - something which the club should have noted and put right.

Main thing is supporting Notts and those who do good, Lifeline is a prime example of this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I have to be blunt, I have no interest in this and I feel the promotional work is the least Lifeline deserves.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

im not bothered to be honest, its not something i would be worried about. think lifeline deserves the spotlight.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Lifeline is very expensive though not affordable for most, along with a season ticket.

• Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

Wrong, or right this is nothing more than a way to lure more fans to get involved with Lifeline.

All football clubs only care about where the money is and how best to get it out of their supporters, Notts is no different.

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I am an early bird ST holder and a member of Lifeline, I don't care about having a ground tour. I have seen the stadium more times than I remember from the inside, it's a nice offer.

If the club wanted to make money alone, they would charge for this and offer it to all but they haven't.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

The tours are an awesome idea!

As for season ticket holders, it's understandable that the club was unwilling to raise the prices after the early bird period as so few had presumably been sold. In that scenario it's best to sell more for a bit less. But for next season, maybe a special thank-you for the first renewers would be a good idea, but not necessarily a tour - maybe a free ticket for a friend or a cup match? That way, the wallies loyal fans who renew unconditionally get something out of it and feel appreciated even if the early bird period is extended.

Maybe it'd be worth writing to the club about this directly? Chances are they're already thinking about next season's prices.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Thing is, if the club sells the tickets at the same price that they push them out to early bird buyers, it does seem unfair.

They should have lowered the price for those who renewed, then kept the price the same for others who purchased after. I believe our prices are very expensive, I know a lot of moans were made about being expensive for non league football. All this sticking together stuff is a bit daft, fans are loyal and the club prays on that.

• Content Count:  686

On 19/02/2020 at 21:45, DangerousSausage said:

As for season ticket holders, it's understandable that the club was unwilling to raise the prices after the early bird period as so few had presumably been sold. In that scenario it's best to sell more for a bit less. But for next season, maybe a special thank-you for the first renewers would be a good idea, but not necessarily a tour - maybe a free ticket for a friend or a cup match? That way, the wallies loyal fans who renew unconditionally get something out of it and feel appreciated even if the early bird period is extended.

A lot of fans stood by them during last season.

The support at Swindon Town was incredible and most would have feared the worst before heading there, the club missed an opportunity. I know there was a lot of doubt and Alan Hardy delaying things wouldn't have been easy, yet the prices should have been dropped just to say thank you and keep the fans on board. If you start giving things out, just to encourage members than those who have been loyal will only naturally feel unappreciated.

Notts does a great job at taking the fans for granted.

After the media blackout, broken promises and disassociation with the fans, it was a missed opportunity to repay those who keep the football club going.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

It is understandable that price didnt go up for season tickets because that price in the national league is more than enough. I know we have more staff and bigger bills at notts than some in this league so we are not going to ever be the cheapest either.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think the reason is there were a campaign by some to drop support of Lifeline due to the changes that Alan Hardy seemed to have made, now it's all been reverted things are merry but it may add salt to the wounds of some that Lifeline is being given such a big push.

The ground tours is a nice touch, however, cheaper membership at the Portland centre at £19.99 and free admission on the weekends could disjoint some season ticket holders noses.

I'm not bothered, but I do understand why some would feel the support is being focused only on one area than the bigger picture.

It's all the same people paying, I'd be surprised if Lifeline had many members who wasn't season ticket holders.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

some of those are the people taking up the tours and trying to act like billy ****alls. 🤣

the club should do something for those who remained in it during the dark times when the money was put towards helping the staff and club, not those who just moan and create problems.

• Content Count:  381

It's deserved, I can't imagine many wouldn't have been a ST holder.

Perhaps reward those who have been a member for over a year without dropping their membership, that seems the way to reward members properly.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Let it be, I am sure next season the club will review this and think that they could have done more by the early bird purchases.

We are in this together.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The club may think about it when the times right and then do something about it, it's hard to say that Lifeline members don't deserve a thank you for helping the club through a difficult time.

All the money seems to be helping Notts, so I am all for that.

Archived