• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 10
  • Sad 9

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

I have to say it always looked to be the case. He did well for us and although he was a very good player on his day and in spells, I think there are more consistent players out there. I also think it shows that David McGoldrick is the replacement for Ruben. It’s a shame to see him go, but I am excited about who remains and who else we might bring in. Good luck to Ruben with his next adventure.

• Like 17
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Ruben has signed for Oxford United. I have to say I didn’t see that one coming. If Derby County were actually interested, it would make the decision a little more strange. Was Oxford mentioned in the rumours? I don’t believe I saw them being named as one of the teams in for Ruben Rodrigues. However, I do remember Aaron Nemane being mentioned.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2023/june/ruben-rodrigues-joins-oxford-united/

• Like 9
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i am saddened to see him leave, i will remember his contributions and appreciate how he worked tirelessly towards helping us gain promotion. i think he has been a good player for us for the three seasons, its just a shame we could not have gotten a fee for him.

then again we did get jodi jones who i actually think is the much better player.

i wish ruben all the best at oxford, i hope they dont waste his talent but the doors always open for a return if that is the case. ;) 

• Like 15
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well I was thinking we needed some Notts news to talk about but I didn’t want it to be this. ☹️

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

Sad but not surprising. He's spent three years at the fifth level and it's understandable that he wants to play as high as possible. Oxford is a bit of a surprise, but maybe he's a more important part of their plans than would have been the case at Derby? Good luck to him all the same.

Now that Jones and McGoldrick have signed, there's no need to panic buy a replacement. For ask Rodders' quality, I think Cameron leaving would give us a bigger problem. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t think anyone really believed he would sign a new deal at Notts. He seemed off the moment we made the playoffs, but he still gave it his all. I also don’t blame him for deciding to take a step up, but I think joining Oxford United shows that either Championship teams weren’t interested or willing to pay him more, or that he believes Oxford plays a similar style to us and that it suits him better. I don’t see them progressing in the way that we can; they have lost their promotion momentum.

• Like 14

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319
  • Days Won:  1

I think Oxford United have signed a very confident player who, with the right support, will make a difference to their team. Oxford have been trying to get into the Championship and I think Ruben will help with that. I wish him the best of luck and am also saddened to see him leave Notts.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  18,243
  • Days Won:  80

More on the story of Ruben Rodrigues exit from Meadow Lane, with the Notts County board wishing him well.

Learn more about the reasons why former Notts ace, Ruben Rodrigues decided to exit Meadow Lane for Kassam Stadium.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  196
  • Days Won:  0

He put three good years of his career towards giving Notts a safe return to the Football League. Ruben came in and played a part in adding the foundations where we can push on. While I am saddened to see him leave for Oxford, I understand it and would thank Ruben Rodrigues for the way he contributed to the history of our club. He left it in a far better state than in which he arrived.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

There was always a feeling he wasn't going to be signing a contract with Notts and would be moving away but going to Oxford United wasn't the club I thought he'd go to given all the rumours about where he might end up. It's certainly a surprise that he's chose to go there especially considering where they finished in the league last season. 

Nevertheless I wish Ruben all the best for the future. He gave his all during his time at Notts and he's signed off by helping Notts get back to the Football League. 

• Like 10

• Content Count:  1,069
  • Days Won:  2

When we signed him, I didn’t expect him to be as good as he turned out to be. I didn’t think he would be another Enzio type player, but I certainly didn’t feel we would have such a classy attacking midfielder who came into his element when we were winning. I am gutted to see him leave, especially to Oxford United who aren’t a side I would imagine him playing for. He has his reasons, so good luck to him.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

It’s the day Ruben Rodrigues is no longer the prince to the crown of Notts County. King Williams has signed David McGoldrick and although I like Sam Austin, I do hope we consider trying to at least see if someone else can do well.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

I thank Ruben Rodrigues for all that he has done. He’s been a superb player who has delivered countless memories and although I wished we had another 2 years with him, I do wish him all the very best at Oxford United.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

He took his time to decide it would seem. I hope he made the best choice and didn’t go to them because they offered the most money. I do feel it could probably have tempted him, but Oxford could get a good few seasons out of him. I don’t know if he would fit their style of play, yet I hope for his sake that they do.

• Like 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  54

I can’t really begrudge him of moving on, as much as I would have loved him to stay, he completely deserves it. I wouldn’t have predicted Oxford either, I actually thought he might have had a good offer and go somewhere overseas in Europe...

Anyway fantastic player and I’m so pleased he finished his time with us on a promotion. Been a joy to watch him play and I’m sure he’ll be a great at Oxford.

🥹 👋 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had been trying to get his signature from the last 4 home games, yet he never left via the main reception. In hindsight, I should've taken this as a sign. I wish him well. I don't see Oxford as being a huge stepping stone and I believe it will turn out to be a short one, yet I hope he finds a team where he shines and sees out the peak of his career.

His best days will always be what he achieved at Notts County, I can't see them being beaten.

Best wishes to him at Oxford, they have a superb player in Ruben.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  269

I wish him well at Oxford. If he gives his all and they work him into their team, he should do wonders for them. I am a bit disappointed that he left. League One isn’t much higher and imagine if we had gone up this season and Oxford did nothing. That’s his decision, but I wish him well regardless.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

At his age, he was always going to go, I’m surprised though that he has. Gone to another English club as I thought he would return to the continent. Obviously he has fallen in love with the English game and he has probably gone to the club that offered him the most money from league 1. It is probably his only big pay day in his career unless he is sensational and a club from the championship comes in to buy him. 

Oxford are a good family club, but have a poxy ground that only has three sides, we’ll be seeing them soon enough I think and prefer our potential to theirs.

Anyway, the king is dead, long live the king (Didzy).

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

He’s committed three of his best years to Notts, arriving unknown in the UK and with very little expectation. He has worked hard, so I fully understand his reasons for wanting to leave. Playing for Oxford now, he might become a cult hero for them and manage to get a few more years out of his own career.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I expected Ruben to leave; nobody can be faulted for wishing differently, but I hope no fans take to abusing him for leaving like we have seen with others. Kyle Wootton had some silly comments expressed his way when he left for Stockport County. We just need Kyle Cameron to sign now.

Yet back to Ruben, he has done magnificently for Notts and we can’t be selfish and ask him to give us any longer when he’s contributed so much already to the club.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  862

I think Ruben leaving always seemed likely; when we signed David McGoldrick, I thought it was the sign that he was about to exit. I would have thought he would join a bigger club, but he should do fine for Oxford.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

Did anyone believe we could get longer from him? Hope is different from reality, but I am sad in a good way. It feels sort of like an end to an era with losing such a good player like Ruben Rodrigues. Yet I am excited about the season ahead; I just wish fans would stop worrying about Macaulay Langstaff leaving.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

Ruben Rodrigues will become one of those players you tell your children or grandchildren about, retelling stories of when he scored or mugged somebody off with his flashy skill. I think we always knew he was going to leave us at the end of this season; there was talk way before the Boreham Wood game.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

It’s sad to see Ruben leave; Oxford United have captured a very good player who should fit in well. I think he will be well prepared for playing in League One. It’s not as different as people claim; teams are more skilled and happier to see what teams do with the ball. He should get a lot more chances to go for goal and set others up; it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up as one of the highest assist makers again. I wish him well.

• Like 1