Reedtz Brothers Era "Feels like a good dream"

Yes, I still can’t believe we aren’t dealing with clueless owners who think we are there to be taken for granted. It’s weird to have two owners who very rarely say anything; not a complaint. It’s refreshing because it stops the doom and gloom merchants from piping up.

• Like 19
  • Love 2

It does feel like a dream; then again, the past two ownerships felt like a nightmare. It’s been a good 4 years; we have turned things around and it’s down to all the hard work people have put in from the players to the staff and coaches. Even the fans deserve credit because we didn’t allow the club to do it alone.

• Like 16

The Reedtz run the club how it needs to be handled; the staff and coaching know their roles and it’s been wonderful having them. I think by the time they decide to sell up, we will be far better off than how they found us, far better and I would hope they don’t because it’s nice to think just how good we have it right now.

• Like 8

Supporter+
50 minutes ago, upthepies said:

I still haven’t woken up yet; I am waiting for the moment when I realise Alan Hardy still owns the club and we’re now in the National League North with someone like David Batty as the manager.

I wish I hadn’t read this I’ll have nightmares tonight now. :joker:

• Haha 10

After the previous owners we've had, it's nice to finally have owners who have a real passion for the game and run this club the way it needs to be ran. Their recruitment process has also been fantastic as they suit to what the club needs. 

• Like 7

Yes, I do feel exactly the same as the message shown in the original post by @Joshua.

I wrote it. 😂

i'm glad it's not a dream, although some days still feel like it is and that I haven't woken up. God help us if David Batty or any ex Premier League player was anywhere near our club. Then again, we had Paul Ince before the comedy hour. Also, I have had nightmares in the past that Paul Scholes came to us after he was let go by Oldham Athletic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Yes, very much so. When did we last have four seasons without any major disasters? The fact that we have had three managers during those years, with only one being Notts’ decision. I think it’s very much like a daydream. The recruitment is like a nice tasty dessert you see in a fancy restaurant; you know it will be good and it’s worth every penny.

• Like 9

It doesn’t feel so much like a dream but surreal. I think that is the word I would use; never did I think the brothers would be the people who turned the club’s fortunes around so quickly. I thought it might take longer, but they must be great leaders and very focused within their plans.

• Like 7

does anyone think the 4 years so far has flown by?

i know it will because things are good, but it just seems to have swept past. its a shame we could not skip the last two owners, as i think the reedtz would have us playing higher if they took over after we won league two. even skipping all the petty and stupid drama would be nice. those days when the bills had not been paid just dragged and dragged.

• Like 8

It feels like the last 4 years have been some ride; that’s for certain. The thing about dreams is that eventually they end and I don’t think with the stewardship we have right now that failure is something the club will know. The recruitment makes a big difference.

• Like 7

I have the utmost respect for them, not because they have taken back to the football league but because of the way the club is now run properly, within our means. We all want to be as high up and successful as possible but the most important thing is Notts are around for years to come. Some clubs are run on a wing and a prayer, with many, I predict, folding in the next 10 years. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

It doesn’t quite feel like a dream, nor does it feel like a honeymoon period where suddenly it’s going to turn to hell. It just feels like the club is back to a level playing field, with smart and sensible decisions. The club has the potential to be a big team all the way up to League One, but mismanagement has caused most of the hardship. It doesn’t feel like we will find any skeletons or earth-shattering news with our current owners. It’s almost perfect. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I still have to pinch myself sometimes just to remember that we finally have owners who genuinely care about the club and its fans. They've done a remarkable job so far and continue to work hard to bring success to Notts County.

Edited by MagpieLane
  • Like 4

I genuinely believe Notts County couldn't be in better hands than with the Reedtz brothers. They have proven that they have the club's best interests at heart and are focused on creating long-term success for the fans and the team.

• Like 2