• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 17

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm a bit torn, I know of him and I think the words used to describe him are quite complimentary. I feel sorry for Tiernan Brooks, because he will only improve with game time and, I hope this signing means that he will be loaned out to a team that will play him.

As for Stone, I wish him well in settling in with the club.

• Like 17

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

I've heard good things about the new goalkeeper signing. It's always nice to have some healthy competition in the squad, but I do hope Tiernan Brooks gets a chance to prove himself and gain some experience.

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

he sounds like a very promising keeper, 23 is a good age and whilst i do feel sorry for tiernan brooks i hope he uses this signing as a means to push himself. in a few years, he could be our first choice or it could be aidan stone.

pleased we have depth though.

• Like 16

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I'm looking forward to seeing how Stone fits into the team's playing style. It's always interesting to see how new players adapt and contribute to the squad.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

He seems like a good signing on paper. I do feel annoyed reading ignorant comments about Sam Slocombe. I understand that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but the guy played a big role in the club’s promotion last season. Why do some fans have to single out one or two players just to hate on? I hope Aidan Stone does well for us and avoids these types of “fans”.

• Like 13

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

I hope Aidan Stone's arrival motivates our other goalkeepers to step up their game and compete for the first-choice spot. Healthy competition within the team can only improve our performances.

• Like 14

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not sharing this to say these are the types of saves to expect, but I remember seeing it a few days after the game and thinking how incredible the save was. I also wonder, if @Dan can share anything about Aidan Stone?

The individual who claims they do not have any entitlements is reminiscent of Neil's father from The Inbetweeners or Catherine Tate's character Derek in terms of their sudden appearance and soft-spoken nature. 😂

• Like 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Don't know too much about him if I'm being honest. However, from the read up on the article he seems to be a good addition and fits the bill for what they're looking for in a GK. Healthy competition is good. 

I agree with @Chris that I hope Tiernan Brooks gets loaned out to get game time and you have to feel sorry for him with a new goalkeeper coming in. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880

Tiernan Brooks should see this signing as an opportunity rather than a setback. It's a chance for him to learn from an experienced goalkeeper and continue developing his skills.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

He sounds like a young up-and-coming keeper who could do well here. It’s a position that will only do well with what’s in front of him and I think as a free transfer we can’t worry if he doesn’t turn out to be any good. We know Tiernan Brooks can step up, so it benefits everyone.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  282

I was quite excited, but after reading the thoughts of Port Vale fans and some other discussions I found with a bit of Googling, I now feel indifferent. I think Tom Weal will be able to work with him, but Tiernan Brooks may not have anything to worry about.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, he’s someone I don’t know much about so reading the views of some Port Vale fans who are not particularly fussed he’s left is slightly concerning. They didn’t think he was good enough for them in League 1 but I know to take those opinions with a pinch of salt. I remember Bradford fans saying Chicksen was awful and Scunny fans didn’t think much of Wootton! I’ll judge him after he’s played in goal for us, hopefully he’ll turn out to be a good signing.

We've still got Slocombe and who knows, if Tiernan gets a loan to a National League side and does well maybe he'll turn out to be our future number 1!

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

This is our first new addition of the summer where I’m a little underwhelmed and he seems a bit of a “meh” signing to be honest.

Didn’t have a very good season last year and struggled to get into the side and made quite a few mistakes in seems. I was expecting a much bigger upgrade on Sam to be honest, which is disappointing. Not the biggest and can get stuck to his line at set pieces.

That being said, he does have potential and the management must think they can extract that in order to gamble on him. I hope they’re right and I will back him when he plays, and it looks like he is better on the ball than Sam which might be their main thinking.

Brooks will be loaned out for the season I’m guessing, but he will need to go to either a National League side or a top of the table NLN side for it to be a worthwhile loan, anything less and I can see us releasing him next May.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Stone’s arrival could provide new options for the manager when it comes to selecting the starting lineup. Healthy competition within the team is always a good thing. If I were Brooks, this would make me more determined and less likely to accept being replaced.

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

It’s always exciting to see new signings, especially in the goalkeeper position. It’s a crucial role that can impact the outcome of matches, so I hope Stone proves to be a valuable addition. Sometimes, keepers need a fresh change in order to bring out their best. He’s young enough to learn and having been a defender previously, it should make him more aware.

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Stone’s settling-in period will be crucial for his integration into the team. I’m sure his teammates will help him feel welcome and comfortable in his new surroundings. I don’t know enough to write him off; I think we should give him a chance. It’s interesting to see some of the valid points made, but we need to remember that a keeper has the most difficult task and that if the defence is no good, then he will concede. I think Tom Weal will be able to work with him and hopefully bring out his best game.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  528

I don’t know what to make of the signing, but I feel that everyone deserves a fair chance. It might not be as exciting as others, yet we are starting to establish a means to get the best out of players. I welcome Aidan Stone to Notts and wish him all the best.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have been reading other teams’ sites that he has played for. It sounds like he has some inconsistency issues, but it does sound as if he’s a capable keeper. I entrust Luke and the coaching staff to get the best out of him.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  419

He sounds like he has the ability but might need a bit of work with his concentration and self-belief. I think we have the ability to make good use of this signing.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

It will be a case of watch and see. A keeper can have a dry spell with a club and it’s the hardest position to lift yourself up from when you do concede goals. He sounds like he has the ability to do well; fingers crossed we will see it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628

It may not be the most thrilling acquisition, but we mustn’t take the signing of players for granted. There must be something about him that the club sees. It could be related to the budget or perhaps he is good enough to serve as a backup goalkeeper. He wouldn’t have been signed otherwise.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

Good luck to him. There’s something that has attracted us to signing him and I don’t think we sign players for the sake of it anymore.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

I wish Stone all the best in settling into the club. It can be challenging for new players to adjust, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  494

I hope thay Aidan Stone brings some added confidence to the defence. A reliable and commanding presence in goal can boost the morale of the entire team.

• Like 2