Match Discussion: Game 10 - The Alex (H)

PON_News

Game 10 - The Alex (H)

Team: Crewe Alexandra

Date: 29/09/18

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Harry Kewell opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Chris featured this topic

It's going to be a lively encounter.

I'm a little nervous that we might feel we can pass Crewe off the park and I honestly don't feel it's that simple. I think we will have to control the game and slow it down at times just to find the pass to create good chances. I fully expect Crewe to focus on playing the ball on the ground, with pressing down the flanks. They play tidy football and for me their weaknesses are found at the back.

They don't have the strongest keeper, yet neither do we so far.

This is going to be close unless we break them.

• Like 5

it looks like two teams in a similar situation faces off against each other, i do feel we are much more stronger at the back but it remains to be said what ross fitzsimons will do at meadow lane. i am interested to hear @samwatto2008 mention that he looks better away from home in the latest poncast, i think he needs to strive to prove his worth to the home fans and hopefully another good performance will do that.

part of me thinks both teams will struggle but if we can lift the majority of our own players i think a win could be likely.

• Like 3

I did not think after 10 games of the season we'd be in a kind of must win situation. I think the next two games against Crewe and Macclesfield are massive. If we come away with 0/2 points we are seriously in for a relegation battle this season. If we get two wins I'll feel comfortable we're in for a season of mid-table obscurity. The performances have been better; Stevenage are a good side, Northampton are (no disrespect) not so much, but we were away from home. Crewe are a real Jekyll and Hyde team, on their day they play well and get a good result to go with it. Luckily they don't have good days too often. I think if we start well and score first we'll win it. (Please God let us win it)

2-1. Hemmings and Ward. 

• Like 2

This is where I would be disappointed if Notts wasn't to win.

Back to back draws, a clean sheet and something to build on a steady performance at the back. Notts has to claim three points on Saturday as I worry the gap will start to reduce and the club may find themselves on the up but struggling.

2 hours ago, thommo said:

I fancy Notts to turn over Crewe, the confidence is lifting and I see them as a side that can be rocked if the defence is pushed.

I would predict a comfortable 3-0 win. Stead, Hemmings and Husin to score.

This is exactly how I feel.

I expect Notts to out perform Crewe and do well, what I fear is those same old errors will end up costing the club. The players seem more nervous to play at Meadow Lane and they always start very slowly.

• Like 1

Their keeper looks worse than Ross Fitzsimons, awkward with coming for the ball and he doesn't seem to like crosses.

If I was Harry Kewell i would be playing to his weaknesses and pressing for the goal. The defence looks very poor too, so it could be a good game if the Notts players work hard and stand tall.

This is a heart V head call for me I’m afraid. Of course we are all desperate for that first win and improvements have definitely been made but I just can’t see us being blessed with another clean sheet. 

I am hoping upon hope that we can pull it off otherwise things begin to look very worrying.

• Like 1

I'm going for a 3-1 Notts.

Stead, Dennis and Thomas to score.

I think it will start off pretty even at 1-1, then the second half will see Notts progress and claim the win. It would be great to see them lead 2-0 but my nerves wouldn't take Crewe pegging us back by 1 goal.

• Like 1

All you can do is hope for a win.

I think things are looking up but much of the result tomorrow will be down to the chances created and how defensive Notts play, I don't think the balance will quite be there and I am thinking it will be another draw TBH. I hope I am wrong but I just feel we may be dealt with a blow after leading the game, so I would say 2-2.

• Like 1

Notts have looked more consistent and good against the weaker side but it's conceding that worries me. They never look like a squad capable of protecting the lead, I feel goals will come but I am unsure if we will be able to dismiss them so easily.

There's got to be hard work on the pitch and that lethal approach to finishing chances.

3-2 Notts win.