Sam Slocombe agrees new 2 year deal

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

New contract: Slocombe

Experienced keeper extends stay

Sam Slocombe has become the second out-of-contract player to commit his future to us.

The 34-year-old goalkeeper has signed a new two-year deal, following in the footsteps of fellow long-serving Magpie Connell Rawlinson.

And both Luke Williams and our board of directors look forward to welcoming him back to Meadow Lane in pre-season.

A statement reads: “Sam, like Connell, is such a valuable asset to us on and off the field.

“He’s an immensely experienced goalkeeper who has demonstrated his quality and consistency over his four years at the club.

“The role Sam played in last season’s promotion cannot be underestimated. He was a vital component in our team and many of the outstanding performances we produced would not have been possible without him.

“Equally importantly, he’s one of the best professionals you could ever wish to have in your squad. The way he conducts himself day in, day out is exemplary and we see him as the perfect role model for our younger players.

“We’ve enjoyed open and constructive dialogue with Sam over the summer to explain our intention to bring in a new, senior goalkeeper to work alongside him and Tiernan Brooks.

“We see this as an important element of our long-term squad development and Sam fully understands our position.

“We know he will continue to drive high standards from those around him and provide extremely tough competition for a place in our starting line-up.”

• Like 19

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Good news! This gives us a solid option hl between the sticks. He could do with competition though. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

Having Sam Slocombe in any capacity at Notts County is a massive plus for the team. Not only can he provide leadership and guidance for younger keepers like Tom Weal, but his experience and quality on the pitch are invaluable. Tiernan Brooks, who may find himself as the first choice keeper this season, will certainly benefit from Slocombe's tutelage. However, let's not forget the contribution that Slocombe made in the team's promotion campaign. He played a significant role in the team's success and proved himself to be a reliable and competent keeper at our level.

• Like 14

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

It's absolutely brilliant to have Sam on board, I think some supporters have severely underestimated his capabilities, and while there might be wobbly moments here and there, he's leagues ahead of other keepers we've had in the past. I mean, just compare him to the likes of Ross Fitzsimons - no contest, really. Top stuff, that. So, let's get behind Sam and give him our full support!

• Like 9

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

Great news! I am pleased that we have the keeper position sorted. If Luke Williams plans to bring in another, do be it. Yet I think Sam Slocombe is good enough to keep the first place in the team.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

hes good enough for league two and has experience we need, i doubt we could get better. a younger keeper takes time to bring through and we have slocombe to help brooks do just that.

• Like 15

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  36

Very happy with Sam signing and the fact that we are looking for another keeper to challenge for the position. Sam has weaknesses to his game but he is still a solid keeper for League Two and knows the system.

Now expecting Jim to be announced tomorrow and 1 of the main 3 (Cameron?) on Friday. Anyone not agreeing this week will probably be leaving as we cannot hang on forever for a decision.

• Like 14

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

What a fantastic achievement for Notts County to have secured the services of Sam Slocombe! As an outstanding goalkeeper and key player for the team, his contribution on the pitch is invaluable. But his impact extends far beyond his skills as a player. Sam is also a wonderful person and a leader both on and off the pitch.

The fact that he has chosen to sign a new contract with the club is a testament to his worth and commitment to Notts County. I am absolutely ecstatic that he will be staying with us and I have no doubt that he will continue to be an integral part of our success in the future.

• Like 16

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Great to see Sam is staying for awhile longer he is one of my favourites in the team by far.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339

I am happy that Sam Slocombe has agreed to a new deal. Two years seems to be the standard, but it does mean we have plenty of time to bring through Tiernan Brooks or to find a new number one.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I believe that one of the key things he brings to the team is stability at the back. For some time now, Notts has struggled to retain a group of players capable of forming a cohesive squad. This is particularly true when it comes to the defence. Ideally, all we need is for Aaron Nemane and Kyle Cameron to commit to the team. I am extremely pleased that Sam Slocombe has agreed to a new two-year deal.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

At this level, we are fortunate to have someone as well-rounded as Sam Slocombe in the goalkeeper department. He may not be perfect, but he is a reliable shot-stopper with safe hands. If we compare him to other keepers in League Two or the National League, we can see that any of them are capable of making mistakes.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  525

I am delighted to hear this news. Sam is a good keeper who always gives his all. If we were to bring in someone to challenge him for his position, it would need to be another experienced keeper. That being said, I am more than happy with Sam between the sticks.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

I am thankful that Sam has decided to stay with us. In my opinion, he is one of the best goalkeepers in the league and has consistently demonstrated his skill on the pitch. Not only is he an exceptional player, but he is also a fantastic mentor for the younger members of the team and a true professional in every sense of the word. I have high hopes that he will be able to help us regain our rightful place in the league.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740

The news that Sam Slocombe has signed a new deal with Notts County is truly wonderful for everyone associated with the club. Sam is an outstanding goalkeeper and a vital member of our team. Not only is he an incredible shot-stopper, but he also possesses a great character and serves as an inspiration to the younger players. His commitment to the club is evident in his decision to sign a new contract, and I am absolutely thrilled that he will be staying with us.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

Absolutely estastic to hear that Sam Slocombe has signed on for another two years at Notts County! The squad is definitely coming together nicely, and I'm excited to see what new talent Luke Williams will bring in to add to the mix. Can't wait to see what this upcoming season has in store – up the Magpies!

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am delighted, I think Sam Slocombe gets a lot of unfair stick, whilst I acknowledge that there are fair points. I wonder if some border haters think about why he has brought stability to the position since he came in.

This isn't a dig to any member, I think when someone on here may point out his distribution that's a fair talking point.

League Two is an era where we could potentially sign someone younger and has more potential, but I do see the benefits in sticking with players who are established Notts players. I think Sam tries and puts 100% in, which makes me feel delighted that he has agreed to stay on.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

In my opinion it’s important to keep a strong nucleus of the side together for the league 2 campaign and Sam is an important part of the team so it’s great he’s signed.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,086

Sam Slocombe is a very good goalkeeper who suits Notts well. He works well with Tom Weal and Luke Williams and I believe he will continue to improve any issues he may have. Having Super Sam for another two years is fantastic news!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  455

I’m glad that Sam Slocombe signed a two-year deal. It’s clear that Luke Williams rates him highly. If the club can sign another strong keeper, it might help us push for promotion from League Two. Otherwise, it might be time to give Tiernan Brooks a chance.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  274

Sam Slocombe is a goalkeeper who always makes me feel confident. Yes, he has his moments like every keeper does, but no one at this level is as polished or in their prime like Sam is. If Wrexham signs Ben Foster, he’s past his best and on the decline. We should be grateful to have a hero like Sam in our squad!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  868

I’m delighted that Sam Slocombe has agreed to new terms. I bet Luke Williams is happy too since it means he has the spine of the squad secured. A few more re-signings, like Kyle Cameron, Aaron Nemane and Jim O’Brien, and we can build further, especially if Ruben Rodrigues is on his way out.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  686

I’m very pleased to see Sam Slocombe sign a new deal. Two years seems like a fair contract and I believe he will continue to be a vital part of the team.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419

Sam Slocombe has undoubtedly proven himself as an exceptional player, with many standout performances throughout his time with the club. We have been extremely fortunate to have him representing us, providing a much-needed boost to our team. After his second year with us, Sam could have opted to depart, yet he decided to remain loyal to the club, making a considerable contribution to our success. Knowing his ability and dedication, I am thrilled that he has earned these additional two years with us and eagerly anticipate watching his future performances.

• Like 3