• Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Fantastic news, this is from the club website:

New contract: Kyle Cameron

Captain extends Meadow Lane stay

Just now

Club captain Kyle Cameron has accepted our offer of a new two-year deal.

The 26-year-old defender was out of contract this summer after leading us to promotion at Wembley.

And our board of directors, together with head coach Luke Williams, are delighted to retain his services.

A statement reads: “Kyle has been a crucial figure for the club since his arrival two years ago.

“Not only has he had a vital role as captain, but he’s also pivotal to how we play.

“Kyle has a very unique skillset as a left-sided centre-back, being so comfortable on the ball, confident in progressing the play and consistent in delivering dangerous crosses into the box.

“He was part of a defence that conceded only 42 goals last season and, by retaining him, we ensure continuation in personnel which we hope will lead to another defensively-sound campaign.

“We also feel we can provide Kyle with the right platform and environment to continue his growth as a player and we’re excited to see how he performs over the next two seasons.”

• Like 19

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's good he's committed to the club, I think he will have a great season in League Two. More time hopefully to pick out his passes and to close the opposition down sooner.

PS. @Fan of Big Tone you beat me to it by seconds!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,908
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Lol, we’d just got back from a drive and I was checking Twitter when it popped up otherwise you’d have got in first.

Better luck when Nemane is announced. 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

Yes, I can’t say how pleased I am. I felt confident that Kyle Cameron would sign. Those rumours never seemed genuine as they seemed to be aimed at rivals of Notts such as Wrexham or Stockport etc. All the out-of-contract players being linked to them just reaffirmed to me that I can’t believe what they write. Kyle is a very good player; so pleased he’s renewed his stay.

• Like 16

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  27

Kyle Cameron has improved Notts County in many ways; it’s fantastic news to see that he has extended his stay by signing a two-year deal. I thought we might offer him three years, but it seems that the standard these days is two. I really like Kyle as a player; I think he’s a positive addition to the squad and how he runs out to the KOP clapping his hands, usually beside Aden Baldwin; I think it’s just class.

• Like 14

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s brilliant news that the skipper has signed on; I was getting concerned that I might have to go back to Neal Bishop or find a different user image. Not that Bish is a bad thing; he’s still my favourite captain, but out of support, I changed to Kyle. He’s a good player; he just needs to learn not to be caught out.

• Like 16

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  907
  • Days Won:  2

What is there to say about Kyle Cameron signing? I know some people have said the captain should be the first to sign but after last season he deserved time away and then come back to sort out business end out. Some just worried he would leave; I never doubted it.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,502
  • Days Won:  15

At this point, I think Notts will be looking to bring in depth for the areas they know now that they need. The club probably knew already that Kyle Cameron would sign, but it’s good to have it finalised. Exciting times ahead; fingers crossed for a good start.

• Like 12

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's terrific news that he's signed a new deal.

I don't think there was ever any doubt about him signing a contract. The longer it went on, it's understandable why rumours started floating around about him leaving as @allardyces tash said the club probably already knew he was gonna sign but it's good to have it actually finalised. 

• Like 7

Check out the Pride of Nottingham article about the new 2-year-deal, Skipper, Kyle Cameron has signed.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

best news of the day, i did not know until i got home and checked my phone. i think its great.

there has been some split opinions on kyle cameron but i think he will get stronger. him and aden baldwin make a good partnership with connell rawlinson or richard brindley coming in. if we sign another cb, i we try richard brindley out wide on the right. i love when he goes forward.

• Like 11

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,367
  • Days Won:  1

I have every faith in Kyle Cameron as the captain to help us go that one step further. With talk of promotion and how things have been during the last campaign, all the players should fancy their chances. It’s good news to know he’s committed. Hopefully, it will silence the people moaning that he didn’t sign first. The guy is entitled to some private time after having such a good season.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

It seems 2 years is the standard deal. I wonder if that’s because the board wants to review where we are when it comes to that point in time? I do wish Notts would offer earlier contracts and get players on board sooner. We leave so many until the end of the season and I don’t think all will be able to be persuaded. You just have to sell the club and its ambitions to them. If they want to play higher, they will go but we shouldn’t make it easy.

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

Kyle Cameron has been good in the two years he’s been here. He has an affinity with the fans. The players respect him and while the quietness did allow thoughts to creep in, in truth I don’t feel he would have gone anywhere else.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  700
  • Days Won:  0

It’s fantastic news. I don’t mind that it’s been announced later because it gave us something to talk about. What I would have minded is if we left and just hung around trying to talk a departing player into staying when we could move on with the recruitment front. This not being the case, it’s exciting to see the squad taking shape.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  278

The captain is ready to move forward with the club. Focus should turn to filling in the gaps as we wait to see what outcome remains for Aaron Nemane. I’m pleased that Kyle Cameron has signed a 2-year deal. It could very easily have been a single year.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  466
  • Days Won:  2

It was worth the wait, I say. I think Kyle Cameron is a good player, better going forward but he can defend. I agree that he will improve and is a good leader. He does well with calming others down. Cut out the mistakes this season and he’ll be excellent going forward.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

I don’t think we could find a better defender than Kyle Cameron because of our current situation. He has many strengths that make him valuable to the team. I’m really happy that he signed a new contract to stay with us for two more years.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  422
  • Days Won:  1

It's great news that Kyle Cameron has agreed to stay on. Two years is about right for both him and Notts. It's reasonable to say that he may be in for a shout as being one of the five standout players come the end of the season.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  287

Delighted about this!

I can kind of understand the rumours. It did take a long time, and he also joined Notts from a team in the same division so it wasn't inconceivable. And of course other clubs are going to be interested. But us fans don't know the whole story - it may have been a done deal in principle the whole time.

I'm also relieved as I was more nervous about losing Cameron than Rodders. He'd have been harder to replace as he's instrumental to the way we play.

Just hope the club have insisted on a no-mullet clause this time...

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,101
  • Days Won:  54

Yep, agree with pretty much everyone else, delighted he accepted the contract renewal. You’ve made the right choice Kyle, here’s to another successful season of captaining us!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,487
  • Days Won:  5

Signing and committing Kyle Cameron to a new deal is a boost for the club as they start to look for depth and further quality. Cameron is a good player, but he needs to be more focused at times and not get carried away when on the ball.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  135

He, of course, isn’t without his errors, but he leads by example and is a good player. I would like to see him play more consistently defending than going forward but it is a balance. I am happy; he’s a good player at this level and can improve.

• Like 2

I just realised, I never had my say on Kyle Cameron's contract extension. I think two-years is a decent length, which could be renewed at the end of this season. I think if we plan to further improve, retaining players like Cameron before their deals fully expire is the way forward.

Some might say, but he's signed a 2-year-deal, Chris? I don't like taking my chances on players renewing in their final season.

Six months into their deal expiry date, it opens a lot of doors and that can turn heads. Plan ahead, motivate players, demonstrate ambition, and secure deals before important seasons end. If we hadn't been promoted, we might have lost more than just Ruben Rodrigues. I think this is the difference between teams heading in the right and wrong direction, most teams do act quickly to renew their best players.

Not every player will renew, but there should always be a few key players than those who make up the squad numbers.

• Like 3