Neal Ardley leaves Solihull Moors

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I had a soft spot for Neal Ardley he is a decent human being I hope he finds another club.

• Like 16
  • Surprised 5
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

It reads as if he’s left to join another club. He’s done well with them, but the club does seem to have a glass ceiling. They need a bit more investment to go further. I do wonder where he will end up next.

• Like 20

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

There’s a lot to take from the statement released. It sounds like he wanted to leave and they tried their best to discourage it. It may be another potential falling out over wages and budget. He may be going elsewhere. Good luck to him.

• Like 14

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There are rumours about him going to Crawley Town.

It does seem to me that it's something which happened between Neal Ardley and Solihull Moors board, he doesn't seem the type to jump ship just because there's interest from higher up clubs. Exeter City are another team which has been reported as interested.

• Like 17

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Neal Ardley has transformed them from being an average team to one capable of reaching the playoffs. I was surprised to learn of his mutual release from Solihull Moors. I heard on Talk Sport not long ago that he’s linked with the Rotherham United job in the Championship. 😕 

• Like 16

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

It's unbelievable, Jeff. I can't think of a team without a manager that would suit someone like Neal Ardley. I'm surprised he's left Solihull Moors - there must be something going on behind the scenes.

• Like 14

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It’s surprising. I thought he seemed very committed to establishing Solihull Moors as a playoff-chasing team. To leave by mutual consent and to see the message written like that suggests it was his decision. They wanted to keep him but ultimately agreed to allow his contract to be dissolved.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Their Chairman Darryl Eales said Ardley’s departure was “amicable”. The statement on the website reads better than the social media post announcing his departure. Maybe it’s personal reasons why he has asked to quit. I don’t want to speculate further because everyone deserves privacy. I just don’t think it’s due to him wanting a different job.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

They’ve very quickly appointed a Director of Football, Stephen Ward who was recently Brackleys Assistant Manager. I think this could be the reason Ardley has decided to part company with the club.

• Like 13

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I hope he manages to find a club where he can move forward. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just wants some free time. It’s a very demanding role and it makes sense for him to ask for his contract to be mutually terminated for this reason. I’m not sure why he would do it if he intended to go straight to a different club.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

It’s a strange departure, one I didn’t expect to see and I wish Neal Ardley all the best. If he’s taking time away from management, fair enough. If he’s moving to a new club, I would feel sorry for Solihull Moors who may have got some compensation for it.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  280

I don’t know what to make of this. It seems like there might be more going on, but we may never know.

• Like 10

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Best wishes to Neal Ardley, who had a challenging task at Notts. While some fans criticize him for setting up his teams to draw, as long as he achieves success, it shouldn’t matter. He did well for both Notts and Solihull Moors.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he does well. He had a tough time at Notts and it’s surprising to see him leave Solihull Moors. I wish him all the best.

• Like 7

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

It’s a strange situation. There may not be anything to it, but when a manager leaves like that, it makes you wonder. I hope it’s not family-related, as that would be awful if he had to quit due to some problems. But we can only speculate until more news comes out or he joins another team.

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

I’m not certain, but I hope he does well. I remember meeting him when I was 9 years old and he was very kind. He encouraged the players to speak up.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Given the timing of it and the club's "disappointment", it seems that it was Neal's decision. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up next, hopefully not Crawley as that could be a tough gig next season. 

• Like 8

• Content Count:  493

Who knows where he will end up next? He may wait until January to take on a new club and wait out the early stages. Or he may jump straight in. I know people are linking him with Rotherham United in the Championship.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i am surprised to see him leave and to me i think it looks like it may be a personal decision, i dont think he is the type of manager to jump ship from a steady job. i hope if he is experiencing some personal difficulties he gets the time to sort them and the privacy to take care of his matters. i wish him all the best.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I wonder where hes going to. Good luck to him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  274

Until he makes his move, we won’t know, but it does read like Solihull Moors really wanted him to stay.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350

I wish Neal Ardley all the best. Hopefully, it’s nothing personal, and he has just decided to take time off rather than leaving to join a new club or due to other personal issues.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  140

It makes you wonder if something has happened behind the scenes. Solihull seems disappointed and shocked at his departure. There could be more going on; I hope all is well with Neal Ardley.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686

It’s a bit of a mystery at the moment. I believe wishing him all the best is the best approach, as if it is something else, he deserves not to have it discussed.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  879

Best of luck to Neal Ardley. I think he did a superb job at Solihull Moors. After he left us, I didn’t think he would stay in the National League, let alone manage them.

• Like 1