Pre-release Discussion: Notts County's 2023/24 League Two Home and Away Kit

TheSkipper

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

As of yet, all we know is that the club has extended the deal with Puma for 5 more years after this season ends. This means we can speculate as to what the shirts might look like. Personally, I wasn’t a fan of either the home or away shirt last season, so I’m hoping for more of a traditional home kit.

Juventus and Newcastle have both shown that a black and white kit can be creative, look different and escape those boring claims that there’s not much that can be done with the colours. If this were true, it would be the same for every club, with every colour.

So what is it that you like about Notts shirts, both home and away? What previous season would you ideally like this season’s home and away kit to look like?

Personally, I like broader black and white stripes - not just a few like the 2020 home shirt, but multiple ones like we had last season. More traditional, with no collar and parts of yellow or gold trimming. It would be nice to finally have a yellow away kit - not too bright, but with hints of Nottingham green along parts just to add subtle detail.

• Like 20

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Days Won:  0

I hope they take inspiration from the 1991/92 season home kit. That was one of my all-time favourites. I'd love to see a modern twist on it while retaining the traditional feel.

• Like 15

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

In terms of away kits, I'd like to see something similar to the 2008/09 season. I felt that one was really something different and unique from our usual designs.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  210

I absolutely agree with you, @TheSkipper. Having broader black and white stripes and no collar would give it a more classic look. The yellow away kit with a touch of Nottingham green sounds fantastic. Looking forward to the release.

• Like 14

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Black and white are traditional colours that have been used in sports kits for many years.

However, these colours do not have to be boring. In fact, it is high time that we showed the world what can be achieved with these traditional colours.

There are many ways to make black and white kits more interesting and eye-catching. For example, different patterns and designs can be used to create a unique and stylish look. By experimenting with different styles and combinations, we can create black and white kits that are anything but boring.

• Like 13

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

When it comes to the Notts home kit, I would like to see more traditional and broader stripes. This would create a classic and timeless look that fans could be proud to wear in the stands once again. Broader stripes would also help to make the kit more visually striking and memorable.

By embracing our traditional colours and incorporating them into a more traditional design, we could create a home kit that truly represents our team and its history.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  525
  • Days Won:  1

Teams such as Newcastle and Juventus have proved that black and white kits can be truly spectacular. These teams have created stunning kits that combine traditional colours with modern designs. By taking their lead, we could create something equally amazing for our home kit. By experimenting with different patterns, materials, and styles, we could create a black and white home kit that is both visually stunning and representative of our team’s identity.

IMG_7318.jpg?v=1687177264&width=533

adidas-juventus-home-junior-short-sleeve

• Like 13
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339

The away kit is just as important as the home kit. It symbolises where we’re from and brings that spirit to away matches.

It is essential that the away kit feels special and unique, so that fans can wear it with pride when supporting the team on the road. By incorporating elements of our team’s history and identity into the design of the away kit, we can create a kit that truly represents who we are and where we come from.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  868

The gold trimmings idea is a nice touch and could make the home kit look really classy. Would love to see that incorporated in the design.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  902
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, RetroPie said:

In terms of away kits, I'd like to see something similar to the 2008/09 season. I felt that one was really something different and unique from our usual designs.

I wouldn’t mind a throwback to our 2017/18 season away kit, with that lovely patterned blue shirt. That one really stood out to me and I absolutely loved it.

• Like 13

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

For the home shirt, I am hoping for something similar to the 09/10 shirt, with traditional and regular stripes. I would love to see the Notts yellow elegantly placed around parts of the shirt, such as the collar and arm sleeves. I wouldn’t be against having a different black and white pattern on the back of the shirt. Sometimes this can make the shirt look different and more interesting. However, I would prefer it if the back wasn’t completely white.

When it comes to the away shirt, I would prefer either yellow or light blue, but not both colours together. I would like the shirt to be a little more interesting than just plain. Perhaps it could feature darker shades of the same colour. I think a nice light blue away shirt would be great! However, a yellow one wouldn’t be too bad either.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
1 hour ago, B&Wstripes said:

Teams such as Newcastle and Juventus have proved that black and white kits can be truly spectacular. These teams have created stunning kits that combine traditional colours with modern designs. By taking their lead, we could create something equally amazing for our home kit. By experimenting with different patterns, materials, and styles, we could create a black and white home kit that is both visually stunning and representative of our team’s identity.

IMG_7318.jpg?v=1687177264&width=533

adidas-juventus-home-junior-short-sleeve

I love the second one in this picture  I would be very happy with that, no gold or yellow trim, just plain old traditional black and white.

• Like 11

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@MagpieLane I agree with the broader black and white stripes will give it a better look but personally I'd love to see a collar as an addition too. Think shirts look much better with a collar. 

@B&Wstripes would take either of these designs, they'd look fantastic for Notts! 

• Like 6

• Content Count:  419

I'm a bit unusual in that I don't really mind what our kits look like. It would take a very special design to get me to buy a shirt. Most of them look fine, but it's been years since I felt compelled to buy one. Besides, I try to avoid the club shop and would rather send someone else in my place.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don’t mind when they look a little different. I will be buying 6 shirts when they are released. I may also pick up the away shirt for myself.

I would love a light blue away shirt, maybe with a few touches of navy or royal blue for balance. Just a nice shade, with some darker parts to bring it out. Ideally, the home shirt would have thick black and white stripes.

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Days Won:  17

I like the broader black n white stripes.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@magpiejue I didn't really like the shirt in your display picture. It grew on me, but I do like more traditional shirts.

Like this.

I do believe our away shirt will be blue this upcoming season, I think it will be a throwback design to the retro shirt that proved to be popular in the club shop.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not that fussed, provided it looks like a Notts shirt and doesn’t have any distracting or ugly patterns on it. Some of the shirts released by kit suppliers can be nasty. I get the idea, but they go overkill with the design. A nice patterned away shirt and a traditional home shirt would be nice.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  276

Yes, more uniformed stripes look much nicer for sure. You don’t need loads of black lines. Look at the barcode shirt for example. I did like it, as it was different but my point is fewer can be nice. The sleeves play a big part in the design. As for the away shirt, whether it’s yellow, blue, white, green or purple I’m sure it will look nice.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  278

When I think of Newcastle’s past kits, I don’t recall a bad one. I’m sure they’ve had them, as all clubs do, but I especially like these following three shirts. If you scrap the blue at the sides (hard to see) and replace it with yellow, they’d all be superb. I think Notts could really make use of having a nice traditional kit similar to any of these.

NewcastleHSS1718_a.gif

NewcastleHSS1314a.gif

NewcHSS1011a.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

all those juve and newcastle kits look awesome, i like the concept kits that @Chris mentioned. nice trimmings of yellow or gold can make the design seem a bit more different, a bit more classy.

• Like 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

Typically, the away kit resembles the training gear, so it might be mint again. I’m fond of most Notts shirts and I’m eager to see them.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  140

I completely agree with @Sirrels County that the home kit should reflect the traditional feel from the 1991/92 season. That was a memorable season for us, and it would be great to see a modern twist on that design. I am also in favour of wider stripes as many others have mentioned, I think it gives the kit a more classic and nostalgic touch.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686

Reading through the discussion, I can see enthusiasm for a hint of Nottingham Green in the away kit. I believe it could be a beautiful tribute to our home city and something to help forget the last time we had a green and yellow away shirt. As for the home kit, I couldn't agree more with the idea of integrating parts of yellow or gold trimming to our black and white stripes. This colour scheme would be both, modern and traditional presenting a unique identity to our club.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

Having a throwback to the past seasons sounds great @lambleypie, as @CliftonMagpie has said Incorporating past design elements, especially from seasons where the club performed really well, could potentially bring about a sense of nostalgia among the fans, and propel the team's performance.

• Like 1