Are you in favour of a Supporters' Trust?

Wilfordpie

In the news the other week, The Post mentioned how the Supporters' Trust wanted a say on the clubs happening and be a voice for fans. After the way the Trust grave the club away and the lack of knowledge of who runs the group, how do you feel? Are you in favour of a Supporters' Trust?

I think a trust setup to represent the fans without even making themselves known isn't something I would be in favour of, they might be nice people but I read the article The Post shared. It seemed like they did not want to make themselves known to anyone but the club. I am dubious of this course of action, surely it would be in their best interest to make themselves known to the fans first?

The Supporters' Trust would be there to help the club in dark days, my question to this group would be why are they not helping right now? There is rumours of the high court issues, the clubs up for sale and yet these want to speak with the owners?? Wanting a say on the club??? Makes you wonder why they're not offering to help, or updating fans on who they are or what it is they do.

I don't really know who they're or what it is exactly that they do, if its supposed to look out for the club then I feel its best left to those who actually have invested interest. There will always be one fan out there who wants to be seen as someone big or just to be close to the club in an unhealthy way.

I don't think theres a point really, it will have alot of people who just want to feel bigger and better than others trying to run it and there is already 2 supporters groups not counting all the online ones that have popped up recently.

I've met the person who runs the Supporters' Trust four times, I know he attends games and he's been involved with club meetings. He mentioned that none of the original members are involved with the new setup and I seem to believe he mentioned the Trust had money ready if it was ever needed, he seems okay. I have no issue provided that it's a fair representation of all fans.

I don't think it's needed, however, and the article published by The Post made it seem like a dictatorship which didn't read well.

Had the Trust not sold the club to Munto fans would have been angered, you can't win or please everyone. It's highly beside the point this, it happened and its a weak excuse at best.

I feel they're a thing of the past, clubs need to be ran by people with money and not a committee wanting to be close to the club it supports.

The supporters' trust doesn't have its own website, but does have its own page on the official site complete with the chair's email address:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/fans/supporter-groups/ncst/

This doesn't tell us much at all though.

I'm all for trusts. If the club falls into the wrong hands, it will be necessary for the fans to speak with one voice and get organised. A trust is the best way to do this. It has to genuinely represent the fans though, which means there needs to be a fair number of people participating. It's like a trade union - when a union represents a big proportion of the workforce it's a powerful voice that is impossible to ignore; if the membership is just a clique of a dozen people, it's an irrelevance.

Fans should be able to influence a decision but not fully choose what happens because when something goes wrong or they have too much of a decision, its not always going to be the best option... It will always be petty in some way

I don't view it as a supporters trust as how can it be one with no input from the supporters? It's more like a private venture set up by a few mates to promote their own self importance. I've no trust in them at all as they haven't made themselves known or held a democratic election of officers.

Archived