What do you enjoy about supporting Notts?

themightymagpies

It's a family club, I think that shows and I just like the realism of supporting a club like Notts.

It's not easy, I am one of few fans at my school who speaks openly about Notts and you can be targeted by others who are clueless about the game. I feel sorry for them, as watching it on TV isn't the same. Notts is community minded, PON is community minded and that makes me proud.

Fond memories of my childhood, the connection with family and history of the support for Notts.

I used to attend the casual game, since I worked my weekends. I think my brother went more than I did, I always found it hard to go after my grandfather passed on. When @cheeky~k8 started coming, I wasn't keen on being in the Pavis Stand but we remained there.

The family feel within the club only formed once I moved stands, people would speak to me and I grew to know them.

If it wasn't for PON and now Jake, I think I would be a casual floater with home games. Yet I love going, even in the difficult seasons because that it what we are supporters. I hate missing a match at Meadow Lane. It runs in your family, the friends you come to know and just that togetherness.

The history, it would be easy for me to forget about the club since I am here in the U.S but I feel connected to them more than ever with the invention of the internet.

If you spend years supporting a club, you have to find something you enjoy.

Notts will never be the easiest club to support, but I can see that many of the other fans around the club share the same enjoyment as I do. I wished I could attend more games, however, it's not practical and moving back to the UK although appealing for the football. It's not practical now, since I have decided to settle down. The enjoyment of supporting a club like Notts is holding onto the fond memories and fighting during the tough times.

I'd like to think it makes the club stronger in the long term.

I can say about foreign (not about me but in general) followers. Today is really dark time: club is out of League and common public attention. 
But Notts County is not just regular (one of hundreds) English club and be a part of NC means to be a part of something special and something more than ordinary regardless of current position.

You have to be a fan for the long haul, it's no easy ride but that is what is enjoyable.

I remember the good, bad and average times.

Football can be boring at times but Notts County is never dull, I just want to see some happier times now.

It's about sticking with your team through thick or thin. I remember so many seasons, matches that were memorable to me personally and ex-players. Most of them were rubbish, but they were our rubbish. But that magical feeling when you've stood by them and everything finally clicks into place is something the glory supporters will never understand. It's the routine, the familiarity, the feeling of being at home - like when I left home and went to uni, but I was still at every home game, that little bit of familiarity I held on to.

1 hour ago, BESTpie said:

Football can be boring at times but Notts County is never dull, I just want to see some happier times now.

Definitely. Notts sometimes seem like a bad soap opera, only with some football thrown in!

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I can say about foreign (not about me but in general) followers. Today is really dark time: club is out of League and common public attention. 

To be honest I feel a little bit insulated from all that. I listen to Notts on the radio just like I did a couple of seasons ago before iFollow was invented, I watch the highlights with similar crowds in the stadium, even most of the opposing teams are familiar. If I watched the Football League highlights or the highlights on the local news without us I'd feel it more keenly, but I don't. It's quite easy to be in denial over here :D

Yes, you are right, it's very easy to be in touch if you need it. But there is a big difference to be in the League or there where NC is now. I mean for foreign followers. Of course, it's not a big deal if you live in Nottingham or somewhere around. For instance, when Leeds United played in PL and Europe - everyone talked about the team and not in UK only. Do you think there are lot of talking about Leeds outside of Britain now? I don't think so. Another thing is that Leeds supporters don't have to care about that :) However, that is part of globalization of English football.

Archived