Our neighbours

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I see they have managed to escape relegation from the Premiership, I was rather hoping they would go down, I’m not sure why I feel that way, jealousy probably.

I do however applaud the way they kept faith with the manager and didn’t panic when things looked bad, I feel the fans played a big part of that decision, there is a lesson to be learnt by other clubs.

How do others feel about our neighbours?

Pleased for them?

Hate them with a passion? 

Indifferent?

• Like 13

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I travelled back to Cork on the Saturday night after the playoff win. When I got on the plane, a Forest fan, he was at the Chelsea game, stood up and applauded and said how happy he was to see County back in the league. So based on that, I'm happy Forest stayed up. 

• Like 7

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

To be honest I think a lot of their fans were/are happy that we are back in the league. I’ve not found many of their fans antagonistic towards us, might be different if we were nearer in the league.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Personally, I find the camaraderie and friendly banter between clubs quite enjoyable, so I don't particularly lean towards wishing any team harm or success. However, having them in the Premier League could certainly benefit Nottingham and possibly even Notts. In terms of potential talent to loan in, it's always worth keeping an eye on teams in higher divisions for potential players who could add value to our squad. All in all, a positive relationship between clubs brings more excitement to the sport and can ultimately benefit all involved.

• Like 15

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

The best man at @GrannyPie's and my wedding is a Red and a few of my friends are too. Over the years I've worked with loads of really nice florist fans. For those fans I wish Nottingham's other team well(up to a point) I have also come across some really horrible ,obnoxious,idiotic brain dead,wassocks who happen to support various teams ,not just THEM,and  including my own, I'm sad to say.The fans that annoy me are the ones who are anonymous when their team isn't doing too well and your own team is but come out from under their stone when the teams fortunes are reversed.  I have found some reds very  condescending  towards Notts and others very supportive.The same goes with Derby fans.When Derby were in administration a lot of reds were on the derby sites gloating and posting childish comments(Probably because they were ,in fact ,children}.At the same time there were lots sympathising and offering support,usually with a bit of acceptable banter thrown in.I was hoping florist would be relegated just to shut the mouthy morons up a bit but I'm not that bothered. I think the best way to look at  it is, if there was no florist there would be other teams to take their place  (Stags,Chesterfield,Leeds,Chelsea,Wrexham) and if there is were no opponents there would be no games and no point.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I wish their genuine fans all the best, not the deluded or fickle ones. Not the ones who don't go to games, act as if they're massive fans and expect everyone else to support Nottingham Forst.

As for Forest, I do enjoy the occasional banter, but I wish no harm on them.

We received a lot of messages of support from fans when we were relegated, before the playoff finals, and more recently against Chesterfield. They wished us the best. I think we really need to become more like Liverpool and Everton. The husband of the fan that drove me and Cal to Wembley and back, he's a great guy and wishes us nothing but the best. It's given me a new perspective on Forest. @jsrjay also wished us all the best, he used to join me for the odd game here and there.

There's the prospect that they could send us some good upcoming talent, which would be of benefit.

I am pleased for those good Forest fans I know that they have stayed up. It's great for the City: Nottingham City Council are probably amongst a full on 'Premier League survival tour' a loop around the city centre and gathering in the market square. 😂

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,139
  • Days Won:  2

I must admit that I do not view Forest as a significant threat, nor do I believe that they constitute a strong rivalry. The infrequency of our matches against them has not allowed for the formation of a genuine rivalry, and their overall performances have not posed a significant opposition. Nonetheless, we must remain focused on our team's goals and strive for success regardless of the opponent we face.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Good for them. A lot of Florist fans have been very gracious towards us, and it has been noted. There are still a few who claim they single-handedly saved Notts because they threw a pound in a bucket in 2003 and we should now worship the ground they walk on, but all clubs have their idiots.

All that said, I'd really like us to pose a real threat to them on the pitch before I'm old and wobbly, and that's rather more realistic if they go down a league or two! 

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

While I don’t harbour any ill feelings towards Nottingham Forest, at the end of the day they are still our rivals and I don’t particularly concern myself with their progress. It’s always good to see local teams do well, but my focus remains on my own team.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Congratulations to Nottingham Forest on securing their place in the Premier League! It’s a fantastic achievement and a testament to the hard work and dedication of the players, staff and fans. Wishing them all the best for the upcoming season.

• Like 10

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

While I may not necessarily wish Nottingham Forest well, I don’t see any harm in getting along with their fans. Over the years, many Forest supporters have acted as though we don’t matter, but we do. Football is about passion and rivalry, but it’s also about respect and sportsmanship.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

While I may not particularly enjoy seeing them in the Premier League, I can definitely deal with it. Any fans who believe that it automatically makes them superior are likely more entitled than anything else. Being a team that's always near to the bottom of the league isn't exactly the most fun, but for me, my focus is solely on Notts County. I actually think that Nottingham Forest could try to network with our club and improve their relationship with us. It's interesting to remember how Forest fans used to complain about the Reedtz brothers attending their games, though I'm certainly not that bad!

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I will never be a fan of Forest, as their supporters have caused issues for Derby fans and local residents who don't attend matches. The actions of reckless hooligans in the late 70s and 80s will forever influence my opinion on wishing them well.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i can wish them well without being biased, staying up in the premier league is a good achievement even if they throw a lot of money to do it. many other clubs would and i am not bitter to say any different. thats about the extent of how much i care.

i dont really pay any attention to them otherwise.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I genuinely think it's pretty cool how Forest managed to stay up this season, even though I'm not much of a fan myself (I don't hate them). Of course, some of my mates who support Forest might be getting a bit carried away by celebrating their survival like it's the Champions League, but I suppose it's important to cheer about the achievements of the team you love. We have to appreciate the effort Forest put into staying up in the competition, and it's a great accomplishment in its own right. Every team has its ups and downs, and I believe we should always find something positive to focus on.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Honestly, I don’t care much about Nottingham Forest’s survival in the Premier League. They are not our main rivals anymore, and they play in a different league than us. We have bigger problems to worry about, like getting promoted from League Two and restoring our glory days. They can have their moment of glory, but we have our history and our pride. We are the oldest club in the world, and we will always be the true Nottingham team.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  141

I can’t believe that Nottingham Forest managed to survive in the Premier League. They were lucky to escape relegation, and they only did it because of some dubious refereeing decisions and some poor performances from their rivals. They are not a good team, and they will struggle again next season. I wish they had gone down, so one day we could have a chance to play them in the Championship and show them who’s the real boss of Nottingham.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  282

As a Notts County fan, I have to admit that Nottingham Forest did well to stay in the Premier League. They showed resilience and determination in the last few games, and they deserve some respect for that. Of course, I still hope that we can beat them in the next derby, but for now, I congratulate them on their achievement.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

I’m not too fussed by what they do to be honest, I didn’t used to mind them as a kid growing up in the 70s, but hated them after they won the league because most kids in my school suddenly went from being Liverpool supporters to supporting Forest. 

The one bonus to them staying up is the fact that tickets will become even harder to get hold of, so new football fans to the area may well decide to come and watch a progressive stylish football club instead! 😉

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  102

Congratulations to Nottingam Forest for surviving relegation from the Premier League! It’s a great achievement and a good thing for their fans.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

After they wished us well after relegation to the National League and on our promotion back to the Football League, respect is paid back. Well done to Notts Forest for securing their place in the Premier League for another season. It’s always a tough battle to avoid relegation, and they’ve shown great resilience.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

While some may have wished for Nottingham Forest to be relegated, credit must be given where it's due for their ability to survive in the Premier League. However, questions remain about how they managed to pay all those fees and still compete within the financial fair play rules. It's possible that they found a loophole or that attention was turned away from the issue.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  882

A big round of applause for Nottingham Forest for successfully avoiding relegation from the Premier League. It’s a huge accomplishment and one that deserves recognition. I guess it’s better than being a complete embarrassment.

Edited by thommo
  • Like 3

• Content Count:  687

Well done to Nottingham Forest for their hard-fought battle against relegation from the Premier League. They’ve shown great character and determination to stay up. Too bad they couldn’t show that same determination in their matches earlier on in the season.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

Congratulations to Notts Forest for their impressive feat of surviving relegation from the Premier League. It’s a tough challenge, but they’ve risen to it with courage and skill. I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 1