I want you all to answer this

heraldmagpie

5th. Barrow will win it. The only team that can stop them in my opinion is Harrogate. Yeovil will finish 3rd and Bromley 4th. Notts will pip Boreham Wood to 5th and Solihull will sneak in on the final day.

We have improved from the start of the season and have settled down into a decent looking side. The addition of Alex Lacey has helped hugely. No disrespect to Ben Turner (he is a good defender), but Lacey is more calm and comfortable on the ball and helps us play out from the back. It also helps Doyle play further up the pitch, rather than dropping deep to receive the ball. 

We look a lot more calmer in defence now and we are a threat going forward. However, it's in them type of games like yesterday where Notts lack a bit of zip and a bit of flavour to unlock stubborn defences and turn games in our favour that are headed for a draw. It could be in them games we miss Regan Booty or Jim O'Brien in the centre to add that finishing flourish. 

Notts have stepped up their intensity from a few months ago but we need to be more consistent with it during games. We can do it on occasions during the 90 mins but sometimes we don't do it often enough, for example yesterday's game. Notts do it 6 or 7 out of 10 in games but we need to do it 8 or 9 times out of 10. They are the fine margins in football but overall, I think we will do enough to secure a play-off place.

I would like to look into what the final league table might look like come the end of the season and leave it as a discussion on here.

I fear 7th will be the final position for Notts.

It wouldn't be bad, but Neal Ardley does have time to inject quality into the squad and I am hoping Cal Roberts can offer some of this. I'd accept anywhere above the relegation zone, I think Notts have done well this season but I do feel forward momentum requires to be pushed.

Notts will finish seventh and lose frustratingly in the first round of the play-offs. Champions the season after.

Finishing as high as you can is a real advantage in these play-offs. Finish second or third and you have one semi-final at home and then (hopefully) Wembley. Finish sixth or seventh and you have two away ties before the final.

Chesterfield will stay up on goal difference as only the bottom three will go down.

Not sure as some weeks e look a top 3 side and others it just doesn't happen for us. If I was to make a guess it would be 7th, but at this moment I reckon we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 10th.

Chesterfield will be fine, they're starting to pick up more wins than any other of the bottom 6.

2 hours ago, upthepies said:

@DangerousSausage Only two teams go up this season, one comes down from L2.

7th would be outside of the playoffs.

I am hoping Notts are good enough to finish 4th.

that's incorrect - only 2 teams do ever go up from this league - but 7th is the last play off place. The teams who finish 4th are at home to the 7th place team (and 5th at home to 6th) in the 1st set of play off matches.

Archived